Found Deceased ME - Prescott Wright, 23, & Zachary Wells, 21, Kennebunkport, 20 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are lakes frozen over out there?

Given that these guys are in a yacht building school and at least one of them grew up sailing, I don't think either of them would have opted to take out a boat in the middle of the night -- when they most likely could take one out whenever they wanted. Then again, drunk guys in their early 20s will do crazy things.

What was the temperature the night they went missing, and did they take their outerwear? Were they planning to goof off?

Prescott looks beyond stoned in the photo they are using, any shady weed dealers in the area -- or is it legal in ME and not a big deal?

I highly doubt that the area was frozen. It hasn't been cold enough or long enough for anything to freeze. JMO

o/t ... Some website setting must have been reset in the last week or so because I can finally see the emus ... and the buttons! Up until last week, all I saw were blown margins and there was nothing I could do to change that. Blown margins and all, it was always worthwhile scrolling side to side to read your comments.
Cheers

It has to do with how you configure your settings. I let Kimster know and she fixed it for you.

Why would they walk out to those marshes in the middle of the night in the winter?

Seems a ridiculous thing to do, but they were apparently intoxicated. It never ceases to amaze me, some of the things people think are good ideas when they're not thinking clearly. They may have done something similar in the past, didn't get hurt, and thought they could do it again (whatever "it" may be). JMO.

So ... so far ... it looks like these guys had a couple of drinks, maybe decided to go kayaking - maybe a competitive thing - one or both ran into trouble, and there are some clothing some distance away, but there is no report of one or two kayaks missing? My son is a rower and all boats are signed in/out and accounted for. In this case, two kayaks may have been borrowed without permission, but given that the guys are missing, wouldn't that have been reported by now?

I'm wondering if the possible missing kayaks might belong to someone who is gone away for Christmas - and doesn't even know they are missing?

I just saw a short story about this on Fox News. Apparently the two students were drinking beer in their living room when last seen about midnight.[ I guess wed night.]

At 4 am the 3rd room mate went downstairs and turned off the living room lights and saw that the 2 were gone. The car was still in the driveway. They have not been seen or heard from since then.

I bet they are in the water....:mad:

Sadly, that is what I believe happened to them also. Especially now since both were supposed to be in different places with family for Christmas and neither have been heard from. The car being left in the driveway, they would either have to have walked to wherever they went or someone picked them up? Hopefully cell phone records have been thoroughly checked in case there was foul play.

:(

MOO

As far as some clothes being found, one of the reactions to hypothermia is to strip as you feel hot.

As far as some clothes being found, one of the reactions to hypothermia is to strip as you feel hot.

So true. Unfortunately I don't believe this will have a happy ending. Just hoping they are found.

:(

They might have gotten drunk and decided to try "Polar Bear" swimming.

Here is a newer or updated Bangor Daily News article that has a little more information about Prescott and Zachary.

Earlier articles had only suggested that the clothes might be theirs, this one says: "One of the articles of clothing is “marked in such a way as to indicate ownership to one of the missing men,” Police Chief Craig A. Sanford said in a statement released Monday."

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/12/24/news/state/searchers-find-clothes-of-one-of-2-missing-men/

Video about the Landing School:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=relmfu&v=WpZAE-bIdio

Thus far it sounds like paradoxical undressing from late stage hypothermia. The alcohol would have hastened this, and likely even made them feel so 'hot' in the final stages that in their disoriented state they may have sought out the water. I still feel like this is what happens in many of the so-called 'smiley face' incidents.

Beginning at about 3:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 20th the temperature in Kennebunkport dropped quickly from a steady 36 degrees to between 29 and 30 degrees until about 8:00 a.m. when it began rising again to about 35 - 36 degrees. Chilly.

I keep thinking about their families today and how they are coping. God Bless them.

According to their friends though they didn't seem "that" drunk (I would think to go swimming/sailing in the middle of a winter night you would be completely inebriated). This really makes no sense at all.

Why is it so many young men go missing around water or water is somehow involved?

Wasnt there a thread on this sort of thing here once before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back