Found Deceased ME - Prescott Wright, 23, & Zachary Wells, 21, Kennebunkport, 20 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Zachary certainly did live a full life... another snip from his fantastically loving and detailed obituary (again, what a difference between obits...)

"In the limited years he was with us, Zach accomplished much. A 2009 graduate of Champlain Valley Union High School, he flew a plane at 16, went skydiving at 18, and sailed on a tall ship to ports around the world. He drove solo across the country, checking in with his friends scattered along the way. He was fortunate to visit several different countries around the globe by land and by sea, and had an insatiable desire to learn about other cultures and connect with people from all walks of life. Zach's creative eye captured images from his travels and we are lucky to have a collection of his photographs that bear witness to his experiences. He became a certified scuba diver and looked forward to continuing his need to explore in a new venue. In his early years, he was a swimmer, biker, soccer and lacrosse player, but his enduring sport was snowboarding. While he had wanderlust, he was always happy to come home to family and the hills of Vermont. Zach faced a significant medical issue at the age of 16, and despite the inevitable fear, Zachary demonstrated courage, strength and grace while managing the problem. The extent of love shown to Zach during this time forever changed him and brought clarity to what is important. Perhaps because of his health trials, Zach showed remarkable compassion and no hesitancy toward helping those who struggled. Whatever the need, Zach seemed happiest when he could lend a hand."

He drove solo across country and never missed checking in... so he wouldn't disappear and not contact someone.

He's a certified scuba diver along with his boat knowledge... so he wouldn't have just gone into the water willy-nilly. IMHO JMO ETC

Sounds like a lovely human being. So sad for his parents that he had to go through these medical issues at 16 and surpassed them, only to disappear without a trace at 21. I cannot imagine. :(

I guess their friends are starting to accept them as having passed as well..

http://fasterskier.com/article/no-stranger-to-soho-koos-gets-redemption-in-classic-sprint/

"“I really wanted to win today,” the usually upbeat Davis said, looking at the ground. “A couple of my friends passed away so I was racing for them today.”

On his white ski gloves, he had written their names: “B. [Brian] Chase”, “Z. [Zachary] Wells”, and “C. [Charlie] Smith”.

While their deaths were separate, they had all come in the last week, Davis said. Chase and Wells were his friends from Vermont, and Smith was an NCAA bronze medalist who raced for the University of Nevada-Reno."

Good, Interesting theory of these adventurous young men to go "visit" the ghost of the light house keeper on Goat Island!

Good, Interesting theory of these adventurous young men to go "visit" the ghost of the light house keeper on Goat Island!

I was looking to see if it was fully manned but it is not.. I guess it was the second to last in the US to be automated, back in 1990.

An interesting history here - http://lighthouse.cc/goat/

Perhaps it would be better to describe these families as dealing with the disappearance of their sons as "presumed lost at sea". It is likely not unusual for the community to lose people never to be found again as their bodies would wash out to sea. I don't know if that's the case here, of course. I was just trying to figure out why a family would submit an obit and have a funeral so quickly if nothing besides the young men's clothes were found - unless there is perhaps something they did find that the public is not privy to? It seems strange to me, too. Legally don't they have to wait almost a year or something before someone is officially declared to be deceased or something if there's no body?

Perhaps it would be better to describe these families as dealing with the disappearance of their sons as "presumed lost at sea". It is likely not unusual for the community to lose people never to be found again as their bodies would wash out to sea. I don't know if that's the case here, of course. I was just trying to figure out why a family would submit an obit and have a funeral so quickly if nothing besides the young men's clothes were found - unless there is perhaps something they did find that the public is not privy to? It seems strange to me, too. Legally don't they have to wait almost a year or something before someone is officially declared to be deceased or something if there's no body?

It does appear somewhat strange that both families are accepting the deaths of these two young men so soon after their disappearance. However, as you said, perhaps there is something in the investigation which has led authorities to believe without a doubt both accidentally drowned.

May they both rest in peace.

:rose:

MOO

I don't think I'm allowed to post comments from the killingkillers.blogspot.com site but for anyone interested there is a post titled "Gone" which is about Prescott & Zachery and there are about 5 comments last I checked. All I can say is wow...

I don't think I'm allowed to post comments from the killingkillers.blogspot.com site but for anyone interested there is a post titled "Gone" which is about Prescott & Zachery and there are about 5 comments last I checked. All I can say is wow...

Wow indeed. Thanks for posting that, Auburn.

A bit hinky......

New article with new info.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130106/NEWS/301060328

in part -

The men were last seen in the early morning of Dec. 20 during a small pre-holiday gathering at a home on Mills Road, a stone's throw from the center of Cape Porpoise. Life jackets, jeans, a jacket, a sweatshirt and footwear were found Dec. 24 on nearby Savin Bush Island, a ledge of rocks that barely stays above water at high tide just northwest of its larger, more prominent neighbor, Goat Island.

<snip>
Wright had a sailboat on somebody else's mooring in the harbor until about two or three weeks before he and Wells disappeared, Kennebunkport Harbormaster Lee McCurdy said.

He told Wright he couldn't keep it there for long, McCurdy said, adding that he helped Wright take down the boat's mast before later pulling the boat from the water.

<snip>

Standing on the pier with Goat Island about a half-mile in the distance, McCurdy and Daggett said the weather was bad the night Wright and Wells disappeared and no time to be out on the water.

<snip>

Although no boats or kayaks were reported missing, masons working on Goat Island reported seeing what appeared to be a kayak across the mouth of the harbor on Folly Island the morning of Dec. 20, Dombrowski said.

Police say no kayaks or other vessels have been recovered in connection with the search.

I lived a few towns over from where Prescott was from; we have a few mutual friends on FB (I haven't talked to them in some time), but I've been following this through local news and chatting with a couple of folks from up North.
The whole story is very upsetting and disturbing for me, on many levels. Another one that will weigh heavy on the heart...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130109-NEWS-130109742

By Patrick Cassidy
pcassidy@capecodonline.com
January 09, 2013 1:52 PM
Editor's note: This story ran first in the Cape Cod Times.

<snipped>
In the village of Cape Porpoise, the low talk at the start of a new year includes questions and speculation about what happened to two out-of-staters — including one from Cape Cod — who are believed dead after mysteriously disappearing last month from the quaint coastal community.

I don't know why but I keep thinking there has to be more to this story. These are seasoned men who were around the ocean/boats. Drunk or not, they should have known better. Surely the roommates know something---I don't believe they went out in in the freezing early morning weather around or near the water. They were knocking back a few beers in the anticipation of Christmas and holiday time off. The only thing I could think of one or both maybe went outside to smoke a cigarette or whatever and they were mugged? Their wallet(s) were left on a rock by/in the water.

:confused:

Thanks for the post. At least it is another source to check out.

This is a very disturbing story to me. I have been to Kennebunkport and it seems to be such a peaceful community. I just can't quite wrap my head around these two young men having made the foolish mistakes that may have led to their death by drowning. There has to be more to this story.

IMHO,I believe there is much more to the story. Had they met people online....them assuming it was females they were meeting up with,accidental death covered up,just carelessness on their part(doubtful with their experience). Again,I feel they were stalked like prey. My opinion again,of course. One of them reminds me of Chris Jenkins for some reason.

:confused:

Thanks for the post. At least it is another source to check out.

This is a very disturbing story to me. I have been to Kennebunkport and it seems to be such a peaceful community. I just can't quite wrap my head around these two young men having made the foolish mistakes that may have led to their death by drowning. There has

IMHO,I believe there is much more to the story. Had they met people online....them assuming it was females they were meeting up with,accidental death covered up,just carelessness on their part(doubtful with their experience). Again,I feel they were stalked like prey. My opinion again,of course. One of them reminds me of Chris Jenkins for some reason.

Why oh why the memorial services soooo soon after their disappearance? I would NEVER do this to my children so soon after them going missing? Do the parents KNOW something the public doesn't? It's like everyone is giving up !? Sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back