Media Exposure - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teri recently joined WS, so hopefully we'll see her here at Anna's thread. Not sure how much or how often she will be participating at WS, but her membership has been approved, no posts yet, but approved.
A reporter at the Half Moon Bay Review saw Teri's story in the Examiner and called to interview me for an article in next week's Review.

That Jaycee Dugard was found is a double blessing: first to her and her family, but it is also a blessing to the families of other missing children who now have a tangible example to show that hope for finding the missing alive after decades is not a foolish daydream. And the media is awakening to the fact that these cases can be solved with their help.

:woohoo:

A reporter at the Half Moon Bay Review saw Teri's story in the Examiner and called to interview me for an article in next week's Review.

I'm so glad this has led to another interview opportunity to get the word out about Anna's case. I'm going to hope this leads to more interview opportunities as well Annasmom! The more we can get Anna's case out there the better!

That Jaycee Dugard was found is a double blessing: first to her and her family, but it is also a blessing to the families of other missing children who now have a tangible example to show that hope for finding the missing alive after decades is not a foolish daydream. And the media is awakening to the fact that these cases can be solved with their help.

:woohoo:

I just had a call from Jerry Nash, Anna's caseworker at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, to say that they have had many, many telephone calls from California news people asking about old cases of missing kids and to tell me that I might be getting calls. Doogie and I both talked to the HMB Review yesterday, and I'm expecting their photographer here in about an hour.

I just had a call from Jerry Nash, Anna's caseworker at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, to say that they have had many, many telephone calls from California news people asking about old cases of missing kids and to tell me that I might be getting calls. Doogie and I both talked to the HMB Review yesterday, and I'm expecting their photographer here in about an hour.

This is awesome Annasomom. I'm thinking of you today!!
:blowkiss:

Thank you, SideKick. He must have taken a hundred pictures. I'm exhausted. I need a nap!

Excellent! I can just see Anna out there seeing your picture, realizing what happened, and contacting you. :) I have a gut feeling she is alive and unaware of what happened.

I don't know where to post this as there isn't a "general comment/discussion" thread but I would like you to know that I came upon this particular forum as a result of reading information regarding Jaycee Lee Dugard. Anna's story is so strange and intriguing that I have now spent a great deal of time trying to sort it out and I think that you should both (Dougie and Annasmom) think about starting a new thread summarizing her case as I would expect that many others will be coming over here to read (out of curiousity) due to the Jaycee Lee Dugard case! What a wonderful opportunity to bring Anna's story to light! Not everyone stopping by would necessarily be willing to wade through the many threads that have been building up here but perhaps one, just one, reading a summary, might know something! Have heard of something? Might remember something?

Just a suggestion.

Dougie and Annasmom - my heart goes out to you both. Anna has captured my heart and I will continue to check in to see what new information your dedication brings to light!

I don't know where to post this as there isn't a "general comment/discussion" thread but I would like you to know that I came upon this particular forum as a result of reading information regarding Jaycee Lee Dugard. Anna's story is so strange and intriguing that I have now spent a great deal of time trying to sort it out and I think that you should both (Dougie and Annasmom) think about starting a new thread summarizing her case as I would expect that many others will be coming over here to read (out of curiousity) due to the Jaycee Lee Dugard case! What a wonderful opportunity to bring Anna's story to light! Not everyone stopping by would necessarily be willing to wade through the many threads that have been building up here but perhaps one, just one, reading a summary, might know something! Have heard of something? Might remember something?

Just a suggestion.

Dougie and Annasmom - my heart goes out to you both. Anna has captured my heart and I will continue to check in to see what new information your dedication brings to light!

Thank you, Pink Panther. Again, the summary at www.searchingforanna.com will fill you in, and of course the book Searching for Anna goes into all this in greater detail.

There is a long story in today's Half Moon Bay Review about Anna's case, with quite a good bit about Doogie. Just Google HMB Review and search on Missing Children.

The Review has something called Talkabout where people can leave comments on stories. If those of you who have read this week's story about Anna's case feel like leaving a comment, it will prolong the interest in the story. Thank you!

Done Annasmom! Left comment.........saw that websleuths was mentioned in the article!

Oh I hope some new tips will come in, exposure certainly can only help.....

:prayer:

I added a comment too. With Jaycee we see nothings impossible, even after many many years. Praying this article not only leads to renewed interest, but also tips and answers we've yet to uncover.

great article!!!!
Thanks for that Dr Doogie!
raf

I have a new plan. Television loves pictures over words, so I am going to have a large poster board printed up saying "Don't Forget the Other Missing!" with pictures and details (including website info) for Anna on the left side and Michaela Garecht on the right (who I consider to be the most likely of Garrido's additional victims). I will bring this to each media event associated with Garrido's legal journey and have flyers with greater details available for those who ask, but I am willing to bet that this will get Anna's picture and website on TV at least regionally and perhaps nationally.

There will be a press conference tomorrow after the Garridos' hearing. Watch the media reports for an unidentified big bald guy with a sign about Anna and Michaela. (I do not plan on wearing a rainbow afro like that dude in the 1980's who always had the "John 3:16" sign at all major sporting events - LOL.)

There will be a press conference tomorrow after the Garridos' hearing. Watch the media reports for an unidentified big bald guy with a sign about Anna and Michaela. (I do not plan on wearing a rainbow afro like that dude in the 1980's who always had the "John 3:16" sign at all major sporting events - LOL.)

Will do Dr.

Appreciate this update. Hold the sign HIGH. Now, off to see if I can see that 80's dude.:eek:

SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member