Media Links **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First mention of cricket bat:

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan

#OscarPistorius: I believe the forensic evidence will prove what I am saying. I used a cricket bat to break open toilet door. @eNCAnews

OP: I thought it was an intruder in bathroom, filled with horror and fear I shot throughh the toilet door

it only dawned on me afterwards that it was reeva in the toilet. I put on my legs and broke the locked door with cricket bat

reeva died in my arms after I failed to revive her

Tweets (read bottom to top)

David Smith‏@SmithInAfrica

- Nair asks Pistorius if he is satisfied with affidavit. He stands and replies: "Yes sir, yes your worship."

- Pistorius: My continued incarceration will be of "no benefit" to the state. Release would not disturb the public order.

- Pistorius: "I am willing to surrender my passports should it be a condition of bail." After incident, I did not attempt to flee.

- Pistorius: I have no intention to interfere with any witnesses. I have no previous convictions. "I am not disposed to violence."

- Pistorius: "I trust the South African legal system and the facts will show that I did not murder Reeva."

Read top to bottom

- Justin: "Oscar would often tell me how much he loved Reeva and she was a fantastic person who understood him. She could be 'the one'."

- Justin: "They were both taking it slowly as they had come out of previous relationships... They really complemented each other."

- Justin: "It was apparent that Oscar and Reeva were immediately attracted to one another." Pistorius said she was "a fantastic person".

- Roux reading statement from another friend, Justin. Pistorius is a "humble, approachable and intelligent man".

- Alex: "Once you get to know Oscar, you find a humble, gentle, sensitive person."

- Alex: "I never once saw them argue or fight. They were very much in love... It was clear that Oscar really loved her."

- Alex: "Oscar had really fallen for Reeva and he wasn't afraid to express it." They were comfortable around each other and happy.

- Roux reading statement from 'Alex', a close friend. "He always used to tell me how he liked a girl." It was no holds barred.

David Smith @SmithInAfrica

Justin: "They were both taking it slowly as they had come out of previous relationships... They really complemented each other."

"Oscar would often tell me how much he loved Reeva and she was a fantastic person who understood him. She could be 'the one'."

Prosecutor Nel requests close of business for today. Nair agrees and adjourns until 9am tomorrow. Pistorius remains in custody.

Not a huge difference but I thought it was 300 meters. That would be 328 yards or almost 1000 feet.

I would like to know what is in between the OP home and the neighbor? Are there several other homes, trees, etc...or is it an open field? I would have a difficult time believing that someone could hear and see all of that from so far away at such a wee hour if there are lots of obstructions, but if there is an open field on a quiet night, I could see better that sound can travel that far. It is still pretty far though. 3 1/4 football fields!!! That's pretty far!!!

There are homes right beside his and across the street. He lived in a "secure complex" or something like that, not certain if complex is the correct word.

You can see some of it in the pic at the bottom of this article. It is a normal "city" neighborhood, not suburbs or country:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...troom-drama-funeral-held-Reeva-Steenkamp.html

Direct link to pic:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/19/article-2280902-1793282E000005DC-370_634x368.jpg

More from the BBC News:

We have the statement of a person who said after he heard gunshots, he went to his balcony and saw the light was on. Then he heard a female screaming two-three times, then more gunshots," Detective Botha told the court.

But doubts were cast on the validity of that evidence when Det Botha told court the witness heard the alleged altercation from some 600m (1,800ft) away.

<modsnip>

He later amended his testimony, telling the prosecution after the lunchtime break the witness was 300m away, not 600m.

Mr Pistorius claims he was asleep until only moments before the shooting and that there was no argument between the couple.

But Det Botha's testimony demonstrated his belief that Mr Pistorius deliberately shot Reeva Steenkamp.

"I believe that he knew that Reeva was in the bathroom and he shot four shots through the door," he told the court.

Earlier, Det Botha said he arrived at the house at 04:15 and found Ms Steenkamp lying dead on the ground floor. She was wearing white shorts and a black vest, he said and was covered in towels.

<MODSNIP>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21514428

Just to reiterate the issue of taking Reeva to the hospital. Reuters weighs in:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/19/us-safrica-pistorius-affidavit-idUSBRE91I0OL20130219

I battled to get her out of the toilet and pulled her into the bathroom. I phoned Johan Stander, who was involved in the administration of the estate and asked him to phone the ambulance. I phoned Netcare and asked for help. I went downstairs to open the front door.

I returned to the bathroom and picked Reeva up as I had been told not to wait for the paramedics, but to take her to the hospital. I carried her downstairs in order to take her to the hospital. On my way down, Stander arrived. A doctor who lives in the complex also arrived. Downstairs, I tried to render the assistance to Reeva that I could, but she died in my arms.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Pistorius-cop-speaks-out-on-charges-20130221

Pistorius cop speaks out on charges

Hilton Botha is facing seven charges of attempted murder for allegedly firing shots at a minibus taxi carrying seven occupants. It has also been claimed that Botha was drunk at the time of the incident.

But on Thursday morning, the officer told eNCA that the incident was as a result of his investigation into the murder of Denise Stratford, whose body was stuffed into a drain.

&#8220;My blood was never tested for alcohol in the aftermath of the shooting. I wasn't drunk,&#8221; Botha said.

He said shots were fired at the taxi after it &#8220;tried to push us off the road&#8221;. Botha says he was pursuing a suspect for Stratford&#8217;s murder.

Botha was first charged back in 2009 but the charges were then provisionally withdrawn. The matter was then referred to the director of public prosecutions (DPP).

Botha: &#8220;I don't understand why the case was reinstated [on Wednesday]. I can only think this is linked to my work on Oscar Pistorius.&#8221;

Last interview: Reeva Steenkamp feared lies would ruin relationship with Oscar Pistorius

February 22, 2013

&#8226;Reeva Steenkamp gave interview seven days before her death
&#8226;Feared negative publicity would ruin relationship with Pistorius
&#8226;She respected and admired the Olympian, now accused of killing her
&#8226;Pistorius hearing: More drama as cop booted off team

Reeva Steenkamp said in her final interview she wanted to get away from 'glamour' modelling.

THE woman shot dead in double-amputee Olympian runner Oscar Pistorius' house was a model, a law school graduate and an entrepreneur committed to empowering women.....

REEVA Steenkamp was worried lies could ruin her relationship with Oscar Pistorius, the model said in her final interview - a week before she was shot dead in her boyfriend's house.

In the interview with heat magazine, Steenkamp said she &#8220;respects and admires&#8221; Pistorius. But she also feared that negative publicity could harm the so-called Blade Runner&#8217;s career on the track.&#8220;We haven&#8217;t been talking to the media because I don&#8217;t want to get it tainted,&#8221; she told the magazine.

Reeva Steenkamp gave her final interview to South Africa's heat magazine, in which she aired concerns that 'lies' would ruin relationship with Oscar Pistorius. &#8220;I don&#8217;t want anything coming in the way of his career. He&#8217;s such an amazing athlete.&#8221;

In the heat interview, Steenkamp added: &#8220;You know what they do, they make things up, &#8216;Reeva cheats on Oscar&#8217; and rubbish like that. &#8220;I wouldn&#8217;t want lies about us jeopardising it.&#8221;

<modsnip

http://www.news.com.au/world/last-i...-oscar-pistorius/story-fndir2ev-1226583316933

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back