CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUGUST 19, 2018
Murdered Colorado mom 'beat all odds' to get pregnant, brother says as records show family's financial woes

Shanann Watts was diagnosed with lupus, an autoimmune disease that attacks the healthy tissues and could cause fertility issues and high-risk pregnancies. Watts’ brother, FR, wrote in a lengthy Facebook post that his older sister “beat all the odds” with her pregnancies.

“No matter if her lupus was acting up or if she was pregnant, nothing stoped [sic] her from doing what needed to be done. She was very successful and driven,” FR wrote in a Facebook post on Friday. “When our family found out she beat all the odds and become pregnant I can't even explain our excitement.”

FR said Watts was “born to be a mother” and was “blown away” by the way she stepped into motherhood when her first daughter Bella was born.

“I was exhausted by just watching my sister. She made being a parent look easy,” he wrote.

AUGUST 19, 2018
Week of major developments ahead in murders of Shanann Watts, daughters

The deadline to file charges in this case is Monday afternoon. Over the past several days they have been trying to determine out the formal charges he could possibly face.

The affidavit detailing what led to Chris Watts arrest was sealed at the request of investigators. Detectives say they hope to unseal the document Monday.

It could shed light on how Watts' wife and two daughters were killed. Charges against Watts could include murder and tampering with a body.

"That determination will be based upon the information we have at this point," said District Attorney Michael Rourke.

Family friend talks about seeing Chris Watts and his girls just days before the murders
Russell Haythorn
10:56 PM, Aug 16, 2018

FREDERICK, Colo. -- Family friends of the Watts family say they're dumbfounded, confused, lost. Speaking to Denver7, the man who hosted Chris Watts and his little girls for a kid’s birthday party just days before they vanished said Thursday he is still trying to process everything that's happened since.

Jeremy Lindstrom offered a new perspective on who Chris Watts was, before the man confessed to allegedly murdering his wife and the couple's two daughters.
Family friend talks about seeing Chris Watts and his girls just days before the murders

“The girls were happy. They were normal. And, so was Chris. Or so it seemed.

"He would reach out and help anybody that needed help with anything,” Lindstrom said. “He was a good mechanic if you needed help with your car - he'd help you. If you needed help with furniture, he'd be over there in a heartbeat to help you out. You don't know what, when, why, where or how everything goes weird."“

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest
(Video at link)

“He was defending himself, but it just didn’t make sense. Like in that moment it is kind of surreal,” Atkinson told “Good Morning America” in an interview Monday. “He was just sitting there waiting for something to happen; it just didn’t seem right to me.”
"No, she did not talk about leaving him or separating. She very much loved her family and wanted to be a family,” Atkinson said. "I didn't find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning. When I called him and asked him where she was, that's when he told me and I basically told him that that wasn't my [concern] at that particular moment because it wasn't and that their business was their business, that they would either work it out or they wouldn't."

AUGUST 20, 2018 - Interview with Shanann's friend NA (Video)
Neighbor knew something was 'seriously wrong' before man confessed to killing family

NA, who saw Shanann Watts at 2 a.m. Monday before she went missing, says Watts' husband seemed unconcerned his wife and daughters were missing.

"She went inside, turned around and waved at me, and shut the door."

CW kept telling NA that he didn't know where Shanann was, that she was on a playdate, but couldn't tell her the name of the friend.

NA says that CW recently became standoffish, their marriage strained, wasn't hugging, kissing, etc. When asked if Shanann thought he was cheating, NA says Shanann entertained the idea.

Last edited:
AUGUST 20, 2018
Last Person to See Shanann Alive: Why I Suspect Chris Watts

NA said she believed the couple were happily married—but that Chris Watts, unprompted, brought up the issue of separation when she called him the day Shanann went missing, which she thought was strange.

“She didn’t talk about leaving him or separating. She very much loved her family and wanted to be a family,” said NA. “I didn’t find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning.

“He wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was,” said Atkinson. “He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn’t being as attentive to the girls as he normally is.”

AUGUST 20, 2018
Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared

Still, the Thayers thought it was odd that Shanann had left her cell phone and car keys behind. This led them to contact a detective with their concerns after Chris left the house to pick up his father at the airport.

Family members who wish not to be identified say they overheard arguments about money.

AUGUST 20, 2018
Officials to release possible motive for Watts family killings

On Monday, authorities in Colorado are expected to release an affidavit explaining why investigators believe 33-year-old Christopher Watts killed his pregnant wife and two young daughters.

Christopher faces one count of first-degree murder after deliberation, two counts of first-degree murder - position of trust, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body, after the bodies of his wife, 34-year-old Shanann Watts, and two daughters, 3-year-old Celeste and 4-year-old Bella, were found on the property of Anadarko Petroleum, one of Colorado's largest oil and gas drillers.

Colorado prosecutors face Monday deadline to file charges against husband in deaths of wife, daughters

(CNN)Authorities in Colorado face a Monday afternoon deadline to file formal criminal charges against Chris Watts, who is suspected of killing his pregnant wife, Shanann Watts, and their two young daughters.

Chris Watts, 33, was arrested last week on suspicion of three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of tampering with a human body, police said. He is being held in the Weld County Jail without bond, with his next court appearance scheduled for Tuesday.

Under Colorado law, prosecutors must file charges against Watts Monday or let him go.
Colorado prosecutors face Monday deadline to file charges against husband in deaths of wife, daughters - CNN

8/19/18

A law-enforcement source previously told The Daily Beast that Watts was “cavalier” in his interview with cops and feds.

That night, Watts opened his home to the FBI and police so that they could collect evidence. He slept over at a family friend’s house. The friend, Nick Thayer, told ABC News that Chris was “concerned about how people were viewing him.” Thayer did not want to believe that his friend would kill his own family. They had been close family friends, even spending holidays together.

“We thought maybe Shanann had just left,” Thayer said.

Still, the Thayers thought it was odd that Shanann had left her cellphone and car keys behind. This led them to contact a detective with their concerns after Chris left the house to pick up his father at the airport.

In late June, Shanann went home to North Carolina with Bella and Celeste for six weeks. According to her family, Chris joined them at the end of the trip.

====

Husband arrested in family's murder had financial struggles
DS, who works with Shanann Watts' mother at a hair salon, said she saw the family on this latest trip, according to NBC affiliate WRAL.

"She was one of those people, when she walked in the room it was just like sunshine," Search told the station. "Chris was very standoffish. He didn't really say anything. I said 'Hi' to him, and he kept his head down."

Chris Watts case: Everything we know so far about the alleged murders of his wife, daughters
Shanann, Bella & Celeste Watts killed, police say
user_male_portrait

Blair Miller
4:19 PM, Aug 16, 2018
2 hours ago
Chris Watts case: Everything we know so far about the alleged murders of his wife, daughters

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC
Back