CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“On a Friday Facebook post, Shanann Watts brother Frankie Rzucek wrote that he always looked up to his sister and that she and his nieces "meant the absolute world to me."

"I just thank God that I got to spend the last (six) weeks loving, laughing, and enjoying what precious time I had with my sister and nieces that I loved with every inch of my soul," Rzucek wrote. "I wish I could go back in time and be there to keep you safe from harm. Sorry uncle couldn't save you. Absolutely heartbroken."“

Community mourns family; coroner IDs Shanann Watts and daughters

AUGUST 17, 2018
‘They had the laughs of angels:’ Baby sitter describes Watts girls

“They were so shy. They didn’t want to leave their mom and dad. But eventually I broke them down and they grew attached to me, I guess, in a way, because Celeste wouldn’t even leave my leg,” said Lauren.

She said Shanann was known for her smile.

“Shanann, she had a smile that made everybody smile. You couldn’t help it. When she smiled, you had to be happy. Her laugh was contagious — and those girls — they had the laughs of angels, and they had the hearts of angels and the souls of angels. And I just can’t — I can’t believe that they’re gone,” said Lauren.

Reactions: BUF
Last edited:
AUGUST 20, 2018
Colorado man charged with murder says wife killed daughters

According to the affidavit, Christopher Watts told his wife, Shanann, that he wanted to separate when she returned from a business trip early on the morning of Aug. 13. Watts told police that he walked downstairs after the conversation.

When he returned to the couple’s bedroom, Watts said he checked a baby monitor on Shanann’s nightstand and saw his wife strangling their youngest daughter while their oldest daughter sprawled on her bed, looking blue.

Watts, 33, said he then “went into a rage” and strangled his wife.

AUGUST 20, 2018
Colorado suspect says he killed wife after he saw her strangling daughter, affidavit says - CNN

Chris Watts said the couple's other daughter was already "sprawled out" on her bed and blue by the time he reached the couple's bedroom, according to the Weld County arrest affidavit from Frederick Police.

Investigators said Watts was involved in an affair that he had previously denied in interviews, according to affidavit. (an affair with a co-worker)

Before Watts' confession, authorities used a drone to spot a bed sheet in a field near an oil tank farm, the affidavit said. "The sheet matched the pattern of several pillowcases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can from the Watts residence early that day," the affidavit said.

AUGUST 20, 2018
Chris Watts case: What we learned from unsealed affidavit - CNN

He told police that he spoke with Shanann about a separation and that he saw via the baby monitor their older daughter, Bella, 4 "sprawled" on her bed and blue. He also said he saw Shanann strangling their younger daughter. He told the officers that he went into a rage and strangled Shanann, according to the affidavit.

Investigators say they discovered Watts was "actively involved" in an affair with a co-worker. Watts had denied this in previous interviews, according to the affidavit.

The sheet was found before Watts' confession to police.

4F41305A00000578-6080519-image-a-20_1534831424312.jpg

Dad charged with murdering his family was having an affair and claimed he saw his pregnant wife strangle their girls on the baby monitor after he told her he was leaving, then killed her in a rage

• Christopher Watts, 33, says his wife strangled their daughters and he killed her in revenge
  • He's facing 3 counts of 1st-degree murder, 2 counts of 1st-degree murder of a child under 12 while in a position of trust and 3 counts of tampering with bodies
  • Watts is due in court in Greeley, Colorado, on Tuesday morning
  • Investigators have said all along they believe Watts killed his family in their home
  • Shanann and the two children disappeared from the home in Frederick last week
  • She was 15 weeks pregnant with the couple's son, who was to be named Nico
  • Watts allegedly transported the bodies to the oil field where he worked
  • The two girls, Celeste, three, and Bella, four, were found in oil drums Thursday
  • Their mother, who was 15 weeks pregnant, was buried nearby in a shallow grave
By MARTIN GOULD IN GREELEY, COLORADO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 18:12 EDT, 20 August 2018 | UPDATED: 02:48 EDT, 21 August 2018
Colorado man charged with NINE felony counts, including three counts of first degree murder | Daily Mail Online

Heartbroken Dad Speaks After Pregnant Daughter, Grandkids Are Killed: 'Keep the Prayers Coming'

His voice choking with emotion, the father of slain pregnant mother Shanann Watts on Monday thanked law enforcement for their work on his daughter’s case and Watts’ many supporters for “all your prayers.”

“They are greatly appreciated,” said Frank Rzucek Sr., adding, “Keep the prayers coming for our family.”
Heartbroken Dad Speaks After Pregnant Daughter, Grandkids Are Killed: 'Keep the Prayers Coming'

AUGUST 21, 2018
Colorado man admits wife's murder, says she killed daughters

With Christopher Watts' approval, police searched the house and found his wife's cellphone stuffed inside a couch. Her purse was on a kitchen island and a suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs.

Watts first described the conversation with Shannan as civil but later told police that "they were both upset and crying" and she planned to go to a friend's house that day, the court papers said.

Watts, an operator with Anadarko Petroleum, said he loaded his wife and daughters' bodies into the back seat of his truck and drove to an oil work site about 40 miles (65 kilometers) east of the family's home.

The court filing says Watts gave police an aerial photograph of the area and identified three areas where he placed the bodies. Investigators used a drone to search the area and spotted a bed sheet that matched other linens in the family home, along with fresh dirt.

Last edited:
AUGUST 21, 2018
Shanann Watts' father cries as daughter's murder suspect hears charges in court

Christopher Lee Watts, the man accused of murdering his pregnant wife and two young daughters, only spoke "yes, sir" and "no, sir" when asked by Judge Marcelo A. Kopcow about his understanding of the charges against him.

Sitting in the courtroom not far from Watts, Shanann Watts' father Frank Rzucek Sr. sobbed into his hands, looking up only briefly with tear-filled eyes. Rzucek's son Frankie sat next to his father, with a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Watts' next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 19.

Chris Watts waives preliminary hearing in court appearance, will be held without bond
8/21/18
Watts and his attorney waived his right to a preliminary hearing within 35 days and asked for a status conference to be held instead. People charged with the highest-degree felonies are allowed preliminary hearings so prosecutors can show cause that the case should proceed in court. Watts' attorney and prosecutors agreed that an evidentiary and discovery hearing could be held in the case as well.

Prosecutors will have 63 days after Watts' arraignment to decide if they will seek the death penalty in the case. If they do not, Watts would face mandatory life in prison without the possibility of parole if he is convicted on any of the murder charges.

Shanann’s father and brother, Frank Rzucek and Frank Rzucek Jr., both attended the hearing. The elder Rzucek was visibly emotional during the hearing; his son comforted him as he buried his head in his hands and wept as the charges against Chris were read.
Chris Watts waives preliminary hearing in court appearance, will be held without bond

AUGUST 21, 2018
...Sitting in the courtroom not far from Watts, Shanann Watts' father Frank Rzucek Sr. sobbed into his hands, looking up only briefly with tear-filled eyes. Rzucek's son Frankie sat next to his father, with a comforting hand on his shoulder....

My heart was truly breaking for her father/grandfather and for brother. I cannot imagine anything so horrible to hear over and over.

AUGUST 21, 2018
Friends of Chris Watts Haunted After Hosting Accused Killer in Home with Their 5-Year-Old Girl

Until the two Watts girls disappeared, they planned to spend last weekend at a sleepover with the Thayers’ 5-year-old daughter Emily, according to Nick’s wife, Amanda, the TV station reports. “That would have been Emily’s first sleepover,” she said.

Neither Thayer said they knew of any troubles in the Watts’ relationship. “Chris and I never talked about that kind of stuff anyway,” said Nick Thayer.

Amanda Thayer said: “Shanann had jokingly mentioned it, but honesty she wasn’t worried. But you know when your husband doesn’t answer your text messages, as a woman, your thought process just goes to the wrong things. … It was never a serious concern of hers.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets
Back