Medication given to Gabriel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sayd Safety First on the rim of the cup.

I am pretty sure that this is the same medicine cup. Its made by Safety 1st. I wonder if they could find out what stores carry that brand and try and track her from that. Maybe find video of her or someone who saw her? If she purshased anything else with it? I know its a long shot, but I am just trying to think of anything???? :waitasec:

The Safety 1st website says they are available at WalMart. I also found them on Amazon.com. So far, I am only finding a clear plastic version. None of them are tinted.

has anyone stopped to think that the liquid in the supposed medicine drinking cup is pedialyte???

Yes, we discussed this before. Here is the link. The truth is, without the cup and residue from it, we can't know what was in there...juice, pedialyte, benadryl, tylenol, nyquil....etc.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94373"]AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, MSG 26 Dec 09 thread #16 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

if you look at that medicine thing above it is very small when compared to the nipple. I dont have one of those but a baby Gabriel's age would take a dropper full of infant tylenol. If someone has one of these cups put a dropper full of infant tylenol in it and compare to the picture. If it still dont look right then add a little water...I bet that is what it is! I know people are speculating on the color and saying the tylenol bottle he has is grape but she could have possibly had grape and cherry flavors. I have 3 bottles of baby tylenol sitting around my house! =) just a thought. I was a little alarmed when I thought it was ALOT of tylenol but when I look at the pictures above and then consider the amount and the possible addition of water it makes sense.

Are we sure that's the exact same medicine bottle? The Safety 1st one in the stock photo is very similar, but it looks a little different than the one Gabriel is holding in the picture. See how the orange ring is larger than the clear part? On the one Gabriel is holding, the orange ring is flush with the clear part.

Actually I'm not sure, it's really hard to tell. It looks like the pink/red color spans the whole width of the orange ring though, which makes me thing that the bottle would be that whole width too. But when I look at where his hands are holding it, it looks smaller.

So, was it ever clarified what it was? Yeast or bacterial?
Yeast infection rashes are common, bacterial or other fungal rashes are sometimes due to neglect...I am now curious.

The Safety 1st website says they are available at WalMart. I also found them on Amazon.com. So far, I am only finding a clear plastic version. None of them are tinted.
I spent quite a bit of time looking at different versions of this medicine nurser and different brands when we were first discussing this. I ONLY found this one in clear and ONLY with the orange ring around the nipple. No other colors at all.

I haven't seen this at Walmart, but I haven't looked for it. I DO KNOW, for a fact, that Walmart is a big carrier of the Safety1st brand and I've been hard pressed to find baby health items by other brands at Walmart. So if Logan doesn't recognize this, the local SA WalMart is a pretty good place to ask if anyone saw EJ or Gabriel. JMO

if you look at that medicine thing above it is very small when compared to the nipple. I dont have one of those but a baby Gabriel's age would take a dropper full of infant tylenol. If someone has one of these cups put a dropper full of infant tylenol in it and compare to the picture. If it still dont look right then add a little water...I bet that is what it is! I know people are speculating on the color and saying the tylenol bottle he has is grape but she could have possibly had grape and cherry flavors. I have 3 bottles of baby tylenol sitting around my house! =) just a thought. I was a little alarmed when I thought it was ALOT of tylenol but when I look at the pictures above and then consider the amount and the possible addition of water it makes sense.
We had a sleuther who experimented and took pictures. The Safety1st Medicine Nurser holds 15 ml. My son is the same age as Gabe and he takes .4 ml of infant Tylenol and at 2 months his Dr. said to give him .4ml of Benadryl if his tummy was upset. I haven't had to give him any in a long time so I don't know what it would be at almost 9 months. I believe another person agreed that it would be between .4 and .8 ml. Also, the sleuther who experimented used a toddler dose and when she turned the bottle over, most of the dose filled the nipple. There is probably over 15 ml in whatever Gabriel is sucking on.

We had a sleuther who experimented and took pictures. The Safety1st Medicine Nurser holds 15 ml. My son is the same age as Gabe and he takes .4 ml of infant Tylenol and at 2 months his Dr. said to give him .4ml of Benadryl if his tummy was upset. I haven't had to give him any in a long time so I don't know what it would be at almost 9 months. I believe another person agreed that it would be between .4 and .8 ml. Also, the sleuther who experimented used a toddler dose and when she turned the bottle over, most of the dose filled the nipple. There is probably over 15 ml in whatever Gabriel is sucking on.

i will make myself feel better and think she has it mixed with something..maybe a little water or formula....it is hard to tell. I really don't think she drugged this child. I am praying there is a logical explanation.

I think Tylenol toxicity could be a concern. If she were providing doses more frequently than the recommended dosage over a period of time Gabriel could have succumbed. He didn't appear at all jaundiced from the phone images, though, and the prognosis is better for children than adults.

Toxicity, Acetaminophen

I still feel whatever was in there, was diluted with something. I don't see a person taking pictures of something so incriminating and keeping them on their phone. I really think she was taking pictures of her last day with him, before she gave him away and disappeared. I think there was medicine in there, and he may be sick and teething as well. I like to think there was pedialyte mixed in. If someone was there in SA with her, and knew he was sick, they may have been the person to get the meds and the fuids. Would EJ have even known to get a medicine cuppy? If she wanted to drug him, she would have just used the bottle or the dropper that comes with the meds, IMO.

Ok, Not sure why the pics dont show...

You need more posts before you will see some of them! there is an unknown magic number...

So, was it ever clarified what it was? Yeast or bacterial?
Yeast infection rashes are common, bacterial or other fungal rashes are sometimes due to neglect...I am now curious.

did she ever clarify that he had been on antibiotics? could be the cause of yeast.

bacterial infection usually won't clear up without antibiotics or antibiotic ointment.

I've looked at these medicine dispensers...and it may be what he had. But look at the orange ring, compared to the pics I sent of the teether feeder a few weeks ago. It's almost a match. The only thing about the feeder is their is no nipple....just a teething ring when you are not sucking on the mesh...I guess what I am saying is the Safety First Medicine Dispenser Ring...is not what is shown in the pic's...could be another brand....

You need more posts before you will see some of them! there is an unknown magic number...

did she ever clarify that he had been on antibiotics? could be the cause of yeast.

bacterial infection usually won't clear up without antibiotics or antibiotic ointment.

are you talking about the rash on his face????

Im a newbie....I was just reading the comments about the orajel. As a newborn and new mother health care aid at our local hospital. We tell our new mothers not to ever give orajel to their babies. It not only numbs their gums but, if swallowed it can numb their throat. EJ said she suffocated the baby and he turned blue. If your throat is numb and you are an infant that doesn't understand it. It could make the baby stop breathing due to the esophagial flap in the throat being numb. Just my thoughts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back