Medication

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am on medication for a terminal illness, but if I had to take a polygraf to clear myself and find my grand daughter, I would go off of it as doctor ordered to help LE!!!!!

I am on medication for a terminal illness, but if I had to take a polygraf to clear myself and find my grand daughter, I would go off of it as doctor ordered to help LE!!!!!

Oh, passionflower, I am sorry. :hug: YOU are someone who would do what is right, not what is comfortable. The idea of CA being medicated to a point that a polygraph is not an option and the fact she is still driving around Orlando is skeery. :eek:

When I think of Cindy being on any kind of medication - I'm guessing either Zoloft, Prozac, Valium, etc. She was probably not eating, hi strung, not sleeping, etc. I'm sure she is on a high dose of Prozac with Valium to sleep - I'm sure she is a candidate of addiction also, she would need to be closely watched by a doctor

If it were me in this situation, I would have to be medicated also - so I don't think this is an earth shattering revelation

Sure she's on medication that might affect the test. That's why you hire a good, experienced technician that knows all your medication and will adjust the testing for that. But seriously, I'm not a big CA supporter at all, but I'm not sure I see any value in her taking a polygraph. She's not accused of anything, if the polygraph proves she's telling the truth that she really believes Caylee is alive, is it going to change any of the facts? If it proves she isn't truthful about what she believes, is that going to change any of the facts? If there were any evidence that she was under suspicion, I could see why she'd be asked to take the test. However, in that case, no one in their right mind should take a polygraph! Sorry, just don't see much value in a polygraph. The whole "take it and prove it if you have nothing to hide" message is just flawed. If you have an attorney and he advised you one way or the other on the taking of a polygraph, I'd strongly suggest anyone follow that advice. That's what the attorneys are for.

Cindy mentioned she was on meds last month during a Today Show interview and immediately our hinkey meters should have gone off the chart. People don't run around telling others they are on medication. No doubt Nejame advised Cindy to mention her med swallowing when possible in order to cast aside any pressure of her taking a test at any time.

Was Cindy a pill popper before she hired Nejame?
What medication is she on?
What case law can be cited to detemine that this specific medication or combo thereof is responsible for bad poly readings?

No one knows what kind of medication she is on or what its for. Nejame saying she is on meds tonight wasnt a shock, people have been speculating about it for months. No offense to anyone but I think its kind of a moot subject, Cindy's personal, private health issues dont have anything to do with Caylee's murder case. (snipped)

I have to agree. I'm not a fan of Cindy's but I won't delve into speculation about her meds, what she is taking and why. Cindy could have any number of chronic conditions that require medication. As long as your speculating maybe she has a GI problem? a thyroid problem? a cardiac condition? maybe she is in full-blown menopause? or she suffers from a female urology condition?

IDK, but this is her private health issue....jmo:blowkiss:

Whatever medication they have her on, they are apparently not giving her enoungh, or it's not working. I mean if what we have seen is CA medicated, can you imagine her unmedicated?

I have to agree. I'm not a fan of Cindy's but I won't delve into speculation about her meds, what she is taking and why. Cindy could have any number of chronic conditions that require medication. As long as your speculating maybe she has a GI problem? a thyroid problem? a cardiac condition? maybe she is in full-blown menopause? or she suffers from a female urology condition?

IDK, but this is her private health issue....jmo:blowkiss:

Thanks for that Fandy:blowkiss:

Cindy mentioned she was on meds last month during a Today Show interview and immediately our hinkey meters should have gone off the chart. People don't run around telling others they are on medication. No doubt Nejame advised Cindy to mention her med swallowing when possible in order to cast aside any pressure of her taking a test at any time.

Was Cindy a pill popper before she hired Nejame?
What medication is she on?
What case law can be cited to detemine that this specific medication or combo thereof is responsible for bad poly readings?

You are probably looking more for scientific studies...not case law, but I don't see the point. She can't be forced to do it and the results are not admissible in general.

We have no evidence she is a pill popper. Her family has imploded. She needs assistance from the medical world. I just don't see why this is a big topic.
That being said, I think her lawyer would have been better served to have her take the test. If successful, good.
If not successful, well unlike most she would have an out and an easy explanation as she is on these meds and shouldn't have taken it to begin with.

Opening Cindy's medicine cabinet will not help find Caylee, nor convict Casey nor shed light on the evidence we have. I would hope we are above such an intrusion. Yes, we have inspected the private lives of the Anthony family in attempting to piece together this child's disappearance. But on this one, I have to say, what's the point?

jmho:)

They said everyone is on some medication and meds are NOT a factor to be dismissed out of the LD. This was BS excuse given by their swarmy lawyer!
Most likely she is on the xanax too.
Given her last performance on the Today Shnow, my money is on Xanax also.

And meds should only change resting vitals and those are charted right away. If anything, meds would supress the results of lying - which would be a big plus for Cindy. I can see the needle on every answer she gives - it'd be off the page. moo

I was on a low dose of Ativan in 2007 for a few months when a family member past. My BP went very high and my anxiety level was to the max and had difficulty breathing through the anxiety. The low dose of Ativan (as needed) helped me function and breathe better, but did not blur my thoughts in any manner. Just helped me to deal with things around me during the grieving process. At no time did I feel addicted to the medication.

Proper doses of ANY meds shouldn't get you high. If they get you high, then they are the wrong meds. They should just be enough to help you function. If you see any terminal cancer patient on Morphine, they seem as normal as can be - not high at all.

You are probably looking more for scientific studies...not case law, but I don't see the point. She can't be forced to do it and the results are not admissible in general.

We have no evidence she is a pill popper. Her family has imploded. She needs assistance from the medical world. I just don't see why this is a big topic.
That being said, I think her lawyer would have been better served to have her take the test. If successful, good.
If not successful, well unlike most she would have an out and an easy explanation as she is on these meds and shouldn't have taken it to begin with.

Opening Cindy's medicine cabinet will not help find Caylee, nor convict Casey nor shed light on the evidence we have. I would hope we are above such an intrusion. Yes, we have inspected the private lives of the Anthony family in attempting to piece together this child's disappearance. But on this one, I have to say, what's the point?

Her attorney can provide the test and he is uynder no obligation to share with the prosecution, altho, if the result sare what he wants, he will. So a lie detector test may have been done privately and the results weren't what Nejame wanted, hence no "lie detector test" becasie of meds. What a crock!!!!!!

Nejame is a liar too.

Sorry you don't see the relevance. The point is I'm not buying that Cindy Anthony couldn't engage in a poly because of medicine she's taking. The pill popping excuse is a farce. Who's to say she's been scribed anything at all. She may be a boozer of a popper at will, who knows. If Nejame wants everyone to believe she's on medication, and she's spouting the same on national TV, then inquiring minds may want to know what that medicine is if it impedes a reading on a lie detector test - called a truth verifier in defense attorney circles.

I wonder if Caylee would have wanted Grandma to take the test.

Sorry you don't see the relevance. The point is I'm not buying that Cindy Anthony couldn't engage in a poly because of medicine she's taking. The pill popping excuse is a farce. Who's to say she's been scribed anything at all. She may be a boozer of a popper at will, who knows. If Nejame wants everyone to believe she's on medication, and she's spouting the same on national TV, then inquiring minds may want to know what that medicine is if it impedes a reading on a lie detector test - called a truth verifyer in defense attorney circles.

If you are maintaining that Cindy's list of prescriptions will assist us in locating the body this weekend, or solving the mystery of Caylee's death I await evidence to tie those pieces of info together. I don't see the relevance because there isn't any. jmho:blowkiss:

Since the defense team seems to suggest that Caylee was sedated, it may very well open Cindy's medicine cabinet. Certainly they were not prescribed for Caylee nor will the defense say that they were purchased by Casey on the black market if they want to contend an accidental ingestion.

And it appears to me that you are on topic, btw. (shrugs shoulders)

So Nejame says "they" are not eligible for the lie detector because "she" is on medication. He has said it on two occasions now. It doesn't explain as to why George doesn't take one. He never mentions George being on meds. I wish NG would have caught that and asked why George doesn't take the test.

So Nejame says "they" are not eligible for the lie detector because "she" is on medication. He has said it on two occasions now. It doesn't explain as to why George doesn't take one. He never mentions George being on meds. I wish NG would have caught that and asked why George doesn't take the test.

George isn't taking one b/c CA is on meds...don't you get that?:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone spouted that out at this point. I could really care less if CA is medicated, what interests me more is the implication by the defense that Caylee MAY have been sedated. The two MAY have some similarities..or not of course. JMO.

If you are on Xanax you are not supposed to drive.

My psychiatrist prescribed Xanax (smallest dose available) to help me with anxiety that was preventing me from driving.

I took my first pill (at home to see how it affected me), fell asleep half an hour later and had one awesome nap.

Needless to say, I could not use it to help with my driving issues.

I probably would not have taken a polygraph test while on it, chances are I would have fallen asleep during it!

I don't know what CA is taking but I noticed awhile ago she seemed to have issues with dry mouth. Frequent gum chewing, always carrying a bottle of water, licking her lips and displaying other mouth movements that indicated dry mouth.

I don't know about other meds but anti-depressants usually cause me to experience dry mouth until my body adjusts to them being in my system.

Just my 2 cents. :)

My psychiatrist prescribed Xanax (smallest dose available) to help me with anxiety that was preventing me from driving.

I took my first pill (at home to see how it affected me), fell asleep half an hour later and had one awesome nap.

Needless to say, I could not use it to help with my driving issues.

I probably would not have taken a polygraph test while on it, chances are I would have fallen asleep during it!

I don't know what CA is taking but I noticed awhile ago she seemed to have issues with dry mouth. Frequent gum chewing, always carrying a bottle of water, licking her lips and displaying other mouth movements that indicated dry mouth.

I don't know about other meds but anti-depressants usually cause me to experience dry mouth until my body adjusts to them being in my system.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Several years ago I was also prescribed Xanax to help with driving issues. The first three days I was on it, I slept. Needless to say, I didn't drive during those three days while my body was adjusting to the med. After that, it really did help with anxiety and I was able to drive just fine. In fact, I got to the point that I no longer needed it in order to drive. Many physicians do prescribe this drug to help people cope with anxiety issues while driving.

So, a person should be able to drive just fine once he/she's adjusted to the meds.

Since the defense team seems to suggest that Caylee was sedated, it may very well open Cindy's medicine cabinet. Certainly they were not prescribed for Caylee nor will the defense say that they were purchased by Casey on the black market if they want to contend an accidental ingestion.

And it appears to me that you are on topic, btw. (shrugs shoulders)

If we read into defense's statement that she was overdosed on scripts, I agree with you 100 %. In fact, had we had that info, the search warrant most likely would have emptied the cabinet right into an evidence bag.

I was taking it to mean that the baby OD'ed on the sedative- chloroform and not a substance which medicates anyone legally.:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back