Meet & Greet for New Members #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can't change my avatar ?
I had a photo picked out and it keeps saying it's too large.
So I resized it and then it's says the pixel image is too small ?

This is @DS2021 I am locked out of my account. When I use the forgot password option, I never receive an gmail. I made this account with a spare gmail, however I didnt receive an initial email to this account until I switched it to a yahoo mail. I'm assuming theres something wrong with WS mail system for gmail.

If an admin wants to reach out, I can provide further evidence that I'm DS2021

This is great advice! Thank you. I'm also feeling overwhelmed by the number of cases and not sure where/how to start. This helps. All the best!
Look at it this way, yes it can be very overwhelming, but every name, every thread, they thank you for looking at their story. Sometimes we bump threads at random, another member notices, and there’s a conversation or research is sparked, there we go, a direction appears. It might even help someone who reads it. You’re going to fit in well here! Welcome!

Hello all!

Very excited to be a part of this community! As I am seeing from many posts on here already, I too also heard of this site via a series I watched, The Killing Season.

Professionally and by nature, I am an analyst. In the past I have helped locals with getting answers and information pertaining to a case for their loved one. By no means am I anyone in an authoritative role; I just care about these people whose voice is not being heard.

This may be on repeat from many others' postings, but I too share a great interest in true crime and have always wanted to provide my brainpower for the greater good!
I am certain that with a little dedication and looking in the right places, I will be able to shed light on a perspective that may not have been directly visible.

I look forward to sleuthing with you all! :cool:

Hello all!

Very excited to be a part of this community! As I am seeing from many posts on here already, I too also heard of this site via a series I watched, The Killing Season.

Professionally and by nature, I am an analyst. In the past I have helped locals with getting answers and information pertaining to a case for their loved one. By no means am I anyone in an authoritative role; I just care about these people whose voice is not being heard.

This may be on repeat from many others' postings, but I too share a great interest in true crime and have always wanted to provide my brainpower for the greater good!
I am certain that with a little dedication and looking in the right places, I will be able to shed light on a perspective that may not have been directly visible.

I look forward to sleuthing with you all! :cool:
Welcome to WS! Nice to meet you . I’m always so interested in the myriad ways people find their way to us, it’s a great community, and there’s loads of amazing information archived here about so many cases, and so many people looking at things from so many varied directions. It’s a fascinating and congenial site, rather than one or the other, like many message boards. I’m looking forward to your sharing your thoughts and unique set of skills. You mention LISK and cases local to you, are there any other specific cases you are interested in?

Consider becoming a Verified Insider for the case!

Hi cyber-sleuthing crime solvers! I’ve been here a few weeks but just got a chance to look around. I joined for one local case because this site had the most consistent and responsible information. I was very impressed to find a group who is both conscientious of what is posted and kind in that moderation. Hats off to the mods, you are providing a service that is sorely needed in the virtual community.

Good Morning, Sleuths.

New here. Not sure where to start really - interested in true crime, watching, listening and investigating.

Good Morning, Sleuths.

New here. Not sure where to start really - interested in true crime, watching, listening and investigating.
Welcome to Ws @NellieNell!
Try checking out 'new posts'' you will find that at the top left of this page in orange, or click the big orange ''forums'' top left and see if any of the many varied threads there catches your attention.

Welcome to Ws @NellieNell!
Try checking out 'new posts'' you will find that at the top left of this page in orange, or click the big orange ''forums'' top left and see if any of the many varied threads there catches your attention.
Thank you. This is helpful.
I'm UK based so, I'll probably start around there and expand my horizons.

Hi everyone. Long-time lurker, first-time commenter. Looking forward to all these discussions.

FYI: It took me quite a few weeks to verify my account as I was not receiving the confirmation emails. I found out that the gmail was the issue through a comment on this thread. I switched my account to my icloud email and finally received the verification email.

Hi everyone. Long-time lurker, first-time commenter. Looking forward to all these discussions.

FYI: It took me quite a few weeks to verify my account as I was not receiving the confirmation emails. I found out that the gmail was the issue through a comment on this thread. I switched my account to my icloud email and finally received the verification email.
Welcome to Ws @maamager, step right in, the water is fine!

Hiya.

Yes I had this issue too and quickly changed my email address. I'm here now.
Still not sure where to begin and with a new dog in the mix, not sure I'll have much time.

See you around!

is it weird to say “I’m excited to be here”? But I am. There’s so many people (including my SO) who don’t understand my obsession with true crime. I know that sounds gratuitous (and maybe it is a small % of the time) but mostly I’m an empath. I have always had a heightened awareness about evil and what lurks in the shadows. I genuinely feel for the people (and their families) who may succumb to such tragedies. Like most of the people in this group I’m inquisitive and will easily fall down a rabbit hole for hours researching a case I heard about. I would love nothing more than to put my obsession to good use & actually help find a missing, harmed, or worst yet, deceased, person.

With all of that said, any advice for a newbie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back