Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, his behavior turns me off too much

Votes: 117 59.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will find out on July 20th at the scheduled court date.
I admit I'm not completely up to speed on this. What is the July 20 court date for? The divorce/custody stuff?

I admit I'm not completely up to speed on this. What is the July 20 court date for? The divorce/custody stuff?

They never married but here is some background info:

http://www./77388/mel-gibson-and-oksana-grigorievas-court-hearing/

He seems to me to be on some kind of drug. I wouldn't be surprised if he is abusing prescription drugs and drinking.

He is a TRAIN WRECK and I can barely look at his face anymore...

BRAVEHEART ... WHERE ARE YOU??

They never married but here is some background info:

http://www./77388/mel-gibson-and-oksana-grigorievas-court-hearing/
Thankx - I realized after I posted that they never married. Yes, ITA the July 20 court date should prove very interesting. Does he even have to be there or can just his lawyers attend? Excuse being that "he is working".

Thankx Roze!!!!

Thankx - I realized after I posted that they never married. Yes, ITA the July 20 court date should prove very interesting. Does he even have to be there or can just his lawyers attend? Excuse being that "he is working".

Thankx Roze!!!!

You're welcome. I don't know if he has to be there. I would hiding under my bed in shame given the circumstances. It will be really interesting to see he shows up and what the arguments are.

I think it's because the tapes are inadmissible. I suspect that is why they are being leaked. Sway public opinion, destroy him until he breaks and hands of the child and the check. JMO

They are not necessarily inadmissible. It is a misdemeanor to tape someone without warning but many take the chance. I have yet to hear of a prosecution for such in a family law/DV case. In AZ, I think it is not illegal to tape the opposing party in connection with a custody/disso case because I guess the courts feel they can gather important info about who the parties really are that way. Here, it's a gamble. What is more important? The potential misdemeanor or proving the case?

They are not necessarily inadmissible. It is a misdemeanor to tape someone without warning but many take the chance. I have yet to hear of a prosecution for such in a family law/DV case. In AZ, I think it is not illegal to tape the opposing party in connection with a custody/disso case because I guess the court's feel they can gather important info about who the parties really are that way. Here, it's a gamble. What is more important? The potential misdemeanor or proving the case?

An interesting interview with Gloria Allred on the subject:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/07/13/DI2010071302677.html

Washington, D.C.: Can these tapes be used in a court of law against Mel Gibson? Are there legal charges against him because of the verbal attacks against his former girlfriend?

Gloria Allred: I do think that the tapes are admissible if there is a criminal prosecution of Mr. Gibson

Oksana's voice is very level and calm through most of the recording because she knew she was behind the recording of the conversation. She wanted evidence that would back her claims that Mel is unbalanced, abusive and that would shine her in the light as his victim. That would not be the appearance reflected in these tapes if she were an angry shrew screaming back at him.

Oksana's voice is very level and calm through most of the recording because she knew she was behind the recording of the conversation. She wanted evidence that would back her claims that Mel is unbalanced, abusive and that would shine her in the light as his victim. That would not be the appearance reflected in these tapes if she were an angry shrew screaming back at him.
IMO it would be easier to remain calm as he was on the other end of a telephone - as opposed to being in person. Yes, I believe she has learned how to deal with this explosive man - and that making sure you remain calm as anything you say could set him off even more.

I'm pretty sure (and hoping) that she has security in place where she is. That would be a given in this kind of situation dontcha think?

ITA - he's "drunker than a skunk" on these tapes. He was probably sitting around knocking back a few either talking to someone about "his troubles at home" or just alone rehashing all that's gone on and then decided to make a phone call and "go off" on her.

I just don't understand why LE hasn't taken him into custody or "Baker Acted" him - Baker Act is a Florida term - I know they have it in California because they used it on Britany Spears (it has another name out there). Basically it states that you are a danger to yourself and/or others.

Is he still out of the area filming? Maybe that is why. Maybe once he's back in town, there will be some action taken. Let's hope.
It's called a "5150" out here, and you have to be in a threat, like suicidal for that to happen, and then they may only hold you for 36 hours...

I'm discussing what I think is a legal tactic by Oksana and her attorney. I think it stinks for his children and is overkill. To be clear, he should not be raising that child so as not to confuse you. In fact if I were Mel for the sake of that child I would sign off rights to the mother because any arrangement is not going to work out between them. That is obvious.

If she released it, yes, I agree. I would not release such a thing to the public. I would give it to my lawyer and LE. I don't air my dirty laundry unless it would be beneficial to someone for some reason. Like I can understand her talking to a women's shelter, or something.
Revenge may be another reason, but i don't think it is a good one.
I think these are matters for the courts, LE, etc., not the public. The innocent children of these people suffer due to their parents' celebrity. I would hate to be one of their kids and have my family's garbage aired for public consumption.

I think she did a very smart thing in recording him, this is not the action of a golddigger, this is self-protection, and exposing his abuse to the world, the true Mel Gibson, not the glib actor we see...

wow. ok i dont have fake *advertiser censored*, but i've been a gold digger. ive dated for money. no kids, but yeah a older guy. so the older guy shouldnt know better? A pretty young chick and the poor poor older guy is just taken in boo hoo. Please he is an adult and older. Should know better! MG uses language that is not exceptable no matter what the situatuon. I know an NBA ex wife. She was beaten repeatedly by her ex and the kids witnessed her called all kinds of stuff. Is she at fault?

There are plenty of good diggers that use older men, so what? So tiger woods wife deserved skepticisim too? Maybe she didnt really love tiger and tiger was just looking for love??? Or maybe Sandy Bullock was using Jesse James too and deserved to be cheated on?

The point is that if you are being used you dump the guy or girl. You dont stalk them, you dont go on tirades over the phone for 10 minutes. If they are in your house, kick them out. You dont beat them or threaten to kill them. You act like an adult that has some d*** sense. We have all beeen used, hurt, lied to, or betrayed in some relationship. No excuse! If Oksana was the most cheating, lying, fake tart on earth then you just leave her. Go to court to get your kid and thats it. Im not saying she is but if she was that is no excuse. Dont call her, tell her you will see her in court. Paul Mccartney had Stella as a wife and IMO she was terrible, but he handled the divorce with dignity. No racial tirades and no verbal abuse and dont think Stella wouldnt have recorded it!

I've dated and almost married a guy like that. 5 years. He would be sweet and kind one moment and a raging nut job the next. I stayed. Why? cause I loved him. Oksana didnt even last that long. He probaby has his good moments then the drinks flow and he becomes someone else. The abused stay with the abuser all the time. Just cause you're attractive, rich or famous doesnt mean u dont get abused. there are plenty of female entertainers and gold diggers that have been physically and emotionally abused by their partners.

Oh and Mel is a racist. Sorry but implying black men with rape and using the N word, no excuse. Call your made a W******, no excuse. Who wants this man to raise kids like this? So they can be racist, woman hating too? Give me the gold digger anyday!

She should have recorded it. I feel that racist and horrible people deserved to be exposed especially when their source of income is their image and the public provide their income. I am black and want to know who or what my money goes to. I drew the line with Mel when he made anti-semetic comments.

It's called a "5150" out here, and you have to be in a threat, like suicidal for that to happen, and then they may only hold you for 36 hours...
Yes, that's it - thank you. Does it just contain the language "suicidal"? Or does it say "a threat to yourself or others"? Here (Baker Act, Florida) the wording is threat. And, I've seen people taken in for acting like MG is now. He is a threat. As for the holding 36 hours- those hours are used for psych evaluations and such - so they know what they are dealing with.

I really want to know where "in the world" he is right now. I'm betting he's out of the country - maybe in a country with no extradition rights. hhhmmmmm.......

Oh and burbqueen - Stella is Paul McCartney's daughter - you're thinking of Heather Mills (what a gold-digging nutjob she is IMO). Stella McCartney is a up and coming fashion designer. She's his daughter from Linda.

sorry! yes heather Mills! thats her. She was horrible and talk about gold digging! She surely was trying to get all she could from Paul. He took it like a man and acted like an adult for the sake of your CHILD! You dont rave like a lunatic cause you've been done wrong. You dont tell your ex your capable of killing them!! my god.

Ive read where people say, "oh she pushed his button". Really???? Oh please. If you are that sensative get help. So if a baby pushes your buttons and u shake it to death then of course its the kids fault?? People push your buttns all the time. At work, at home, family reunions, in traffic, at church. You have self control and get over it! U dont get out of control and blame the other person.

He met her like that. He liked what he saw when he left his wife for her. I know about this. Once they get you then they want you to change cause they get jealous. My ex controlled what I wore and would cuss me out if he thought it was too provocative. Ive seen Oksanas pics and I dont see anything bad that she was wearing. Its all about control.

oh and how can anyone be skeptical of her role in this when this isnt the first time Mel has said some crazy stuff! If this was his first time then yeah, but his previous actions that were unprovoked should let everyone know that Mel has issues and not a good person! You dont slip up over and over again.

I think it was about gathering evidence to protect her child. I can't even imagine, not even for a split second, considering allowing any child of mne to spend 5 minutes under his care and custody!

wow. ok i dont have fake *advertiser censored*, but i've been a gold digger. ive dated for money. no kids, but yeah a older guy. so the older guy shouldnt know better? A pretty young chick and the poor poor older guy is just taken in boo hoo. Please he is an adult and older. Should know better! MG uses language that is not exceptable no matter what the situation. I know an NBA ex wife. She was beaten repeatedly by her ex and the kids witnessed her called all kinds of stuff. Is she at fault?

There are plenty of good diggers that use older men, so what? So tiger woods wife deserved skepticism too? Maybe she didn't really love tiger and tiger was just looking for love??? Or maybe Sandy Bullock was using Jesse James too and deserved to be cheated on?

The point is that if you are being used you dump the guy or girl. You don't stalk them, you don't go on tirades over the phone for 10 minutes. If they are in your house, kick them out. You don't beat them or threaten to kill them. You act like an adult that has some d*** sense. We have all been used, hurt, lied to, or betrayed in some relationship. No excuse! If Oksana was the most cheating, lying, fake tart on earth then you just leave her. Go to court to get your kid and that's it. Im not saying she is but if she was that is no excuse. Don'T call her, tell her you will see her in court. Paul Mccartney had Stella as a wife and IMO she was terrible, but he handled the divorce with dignity. No racial tirades and no verbal abuse and don't think Stella would have recorded it!

I've dated and almost married a guy like that. 5 years. He would be sweet and kind one moment and a raging nut job the next. I stayed. Why? cause I loved him. Oksana didn't even last that long. He probably has his good moments then the drinks flow and he becomes someone else. The abused stay with the abuser all the time. Just cause you're attractive, rich or famous doesn't mean u don't get abused. there are plenty of female entertainers and gold diggers that have been physically and emotionally abused by their partners.

Oh and Mel is a racist. Sorry but implying black men with rape and using the N word, no excuse. Call your made a W******, no excuse. Who wants this man to raise kids like this? So they can be racist, woman hating too? Give me the gold digger any day!

She should have recorded it. I feel that racist and horrible people deserved to be exposed especially when their source of income is their image and the public provide their income. I am black and want to know who or what my money goes to. I drew the line with Mel when he made anti-semitic comments.

I agree with every word.

I just wanted to add that I think the older men with money are doing their fair share of using these younger women too. They are getting what they want...a tight body, a pretty young face, their ego stroked, eye candy whatever you want to call it. It usually a symbiotic relationship.

Yes, that's it - thank you. Does it just contain the language "suicidal"? Or does it say "a threat to yourself or others"? Here (Baker Act, Florida) the wording is threat. And, I've seen people taken in for acting like MG is now. He is a threat. As for the holding 36 hours- those hours are used for psych evaluations and such - so they know what they are dealing with.

I really want to know where "in the world" he is right now. I'm betting he's out of the country - maybe in a country with no extradition rights. hhhmmmmm.......

Oh and burbqueen - Stella is Paul McCartney's daughter - you're thinking of Heather Mills (what a gold-digging nutjob she is IMO). Stella McCartney is a up and coming fashion designer. She's his daughter from Linda.

Here is the legal meaning of 5150. The Florida Baker Act is that you are a threat to someone or yourself, and they can hold you up to 72 hours.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/WIC/1/d5/1/2/1/s5150

Here is the legal definition of the Florida Baker Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Mental_Health_Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads