Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, his behavior turns me off too much

Votes: 117 59.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that. I have no regard for her OR Mel Gibson. That is all I said.

With respect, I think you said much more than that and most of it was directed at Oksana and her fake *advertiser censored*.

Yep.

And, as I said before, he may not be washed up overseas. There are certainly places in the world where hating Jews gets you a lot of credit. (The North American market is not the only way to make money on a film, and the global box office is an increasing concern for filmmakers.)

Yes, every time one of the films he was in and/or directed/wrote, etc., airs on tv somewhere, this guy gets a check:

Actor:

1. How I Spent My Summer Vacation (2011) (filming) .... Driver
  2. The Beaver (2010) (post-production) .... Walter Black
  3. Edge of Darkness (2010) .... Thomas Craven
  4. "Complete Savages" .... Officer Cox (3 episodes, 2004-2005)
    - The Complete Savages in...'Hot Water' (2005) TV episode .... Officer Cox
    - Thanksgiving with the Savages (2004) TV episode .... Officer Cox
    - Car Jack (2004) TV episode .... Officer Cox
  5. Paparazzi (2004) (uncredited) .... Anger Management Therapy Patient
  6. The Singing Detective (2003) .... Dr. Gibbon
  7. Signs (2002) .... Rev. Graham Hess
    ... aka "M. Night Shyamalan's Signs" - USA (promotional title)
  8. We Were Soldiers (2002) .... Lt. Col. Hal Moore
  9. What Women Want (2000) .... Nick Marshall
  10. The Patriot (2000) .... Benjamin Martin
  11. Chicken Run (2000) (voice) .... Rocky
    ... aka "C:R-1" - USA (promotional abbreviation)
    ... aka "Chicken Chicken Run Run" - Japan (English title)
  12. The Million Dollar Hotel (2000) .... Detective Skinner
  13. Payback (1999/I) .... Porter
  14. Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) .... Martin Riggs
    ... aka "Lethal 4" - USA (promotional abbreviation)
  15. FairyTale: A True Story (1997) (uncredited) .... Frances' Father
  16. Conspiracy Theory (1997) .... Jerry Fletcher
  17. Fathers' Day (1997) (uncredited) .... Scott the Body Piercer
  18. Ransom (1996) .... Tom Mullen
  19. Pocahontas (1995) (voice) .... John Smith
  20. Braveheart (1995) .... William Wallace
  21. Maverick (1994) .... Bret Maverick
  22. The Man Without a Face (1993) .... Justin McLeod
  23. The Chili Con Carne Club (1993) .... Mel
  24. Forever Young (1992) .... Capt. Daniel McCormick
  25. Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) .... Martin Riggs
  26. Hamlet (1990/I) .... Hamlet
  27. Air America (1990) .... Gene Ryack
  28. Bird on a Wire (1990) .... Rick Jarmin
  29. Lethal Weapon 2 (1989) .... Martin Riggs
  30. Tequila Sunrise (1988) .... Dale 'Mac' McKussic
  31. Lethal Weapon (1987) .... Sergeant Martin Riggs
  32. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) .... Mad Max / Max
    ... aka "Mad Max III" - Philippines (English title)
  33. Mrs. Soffel (1984) .... Ed Biddle
  34. The River (1984) .... Tom Garvey
  35. The Bounty (1984) .... Fletcher Christian Master's Mate
  36. The Year of Living Dangerously (1982) .... Guy Hamilton
  37. Attack Force Z (1982) .... Captain P.G. (Paul) Kelly
  38. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) .... Max
    ... aka "Mad Max 2" - Australia (original title)
    ... aka "The Road Warrior" - USA
  39. "Tickled Pink" (1 episode, 1981)
    - Honeymoon Honeymoon (1981) TV episode
  40. Gallipoli (1981) .... Frank Dunne
  41. "Punishment" (1981) TV series .... Rick Monroe
  42. The Chain Reaction (1980) (uncredited) .... Bearded mechanic
    ... aka "Chain Reaction" - International (English title) (informal short title)
  43. Tim (1979) .... Tim Melville
  44. Mad Max (1979) .... Max
  45. Summer City (1977) .... Scollop
  46. I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (1977) (uncredited) .... Baseball Player
  47. "The Sullivans" (1976) TV series .... Ray Henderson

Producer:

1. Another Day in Paradise (2008) (TV) (producer)
  2. "Carrier" (executive producer) (10 episodes, 2008)
    - Full Circle (2008) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Get Home-itis (2008) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Rites of Passage (2008) TV episode (executive producer)
    - True Believers (2008) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Groundhog Day (2008) TV episode (executive producer)
    (5 more)
  3. Apocalypto (2006) (producer)
    ... aka "Mel Gibson's Apocalypto" - USA (promotional title)
  4. Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man (2005) (executive producer) (producer)
  5. "Complete Savages" (executive producer) (15 episodes, 2004-2005)
    - The Complete Savages in...'Hot Water' (2005) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Bad Reception (2005) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Saving Old Lady Riley (2005) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Save a Dance for Me (2005) TV episode (executive producer)
    - Voodude (2004) TV episode (executive producer)
    (10 more)
  6. "Clubhouse" (2004) TV series (executive producer) (unknown episodes)
  7. Paparazzi (2004) (producer)
  8. The Making of 'Paparazzi' (2004) (V) (producer)
  9. Evel Knievel (2004) (TV) (executive producer)
  10. The Passion of the Christ (2004) (producer)
    ... aka "The Passion Recut" - International (English title) (cut version), USA (recut version)
  11. The Singing Detective (2003) (producer)
  12. Family Curse (2003) (TV) (executive producer)
  13. Invincible (2001) (TV) (executive producer)
  14. The Three Stooges (2000) (TV) (executive producer)
  15. Braveheart (1995) (producer)
  16. Forever Young (1992) (executive producer) (uncredited)

Director:

1. Apocalypto (2006)
  2. "Complete Savages" (3 episodes, 2004)
    - The Man Without a Ball (2004) TV episode
    - Tutoring (2004) TV episode
    - Pilot (2004) TV episode
  3. The Passion of the Christ (2004)
    ... aka "The Passion Recut" - International (English title) (cut version), USA (recut version)
  4. Braveheart (1995)
  5. The Man Without a Face (1993)

Writer:

1. How I Spent My Summer Vacation (2011) (filming) (screenplay)
  2. Apocalypto (2006) (written by)
  3. "Complete Savages" (1 episode, 2004)
    - Nick Kicks Butt (2004) TV episode (story)
  4. The Passion of the Christ (2004) (screenplay)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/

Absolutely.

I'm perfectly happy to have people angry with me, because when someone is angry you have complete control over them. What they do is 100% determined by what you do.

I do not say things in anger that I would not say otherwise. I just don't do it. Never have. Even when I'm angry I have no desire to be hurtful to those I love, so I don't say hurtful things. I don't understand people who do that.

ITA, and I would go one step further and say, in my experience, people are even more honest about their true feelings when angered. MOO.

Yes, every time one of the films he was in and/or directed/wrote, etc., airs on tv somewhere, this guy gets a check:

<snipped>

I think that depends on the contracts signed, but he was a big enough star for a long enough time that he certainly gets a good hunk in royalties.

Slightly O/T: WTH - why did he produce a documentary on Leonard Cohen??? I liked that doc... Perhaps someone told Mel it was going to be on Wagner to make him complacent until it was released...?

With respect, I think you said much more than that and most of it was directed at Oksana and her fake *advertiser censored*.

I thought I'd made my feelings about both of them rather clear. I apologize if you or anyone else misunderstood.

Personally, I can't beleieve some of the posts I am reading here. Are you kidding me? He punched the mother of his child in the face while she held an infant!!!!!!!!! And you feel sorry for him? SHE'S to blame?

THUD..................

Maybe, just maybe he doesn't have any friends because he's a HUGE ANGRY NACISSISTIC JERK that BULLYS and BEATS women! He hates jews, blacks and "wetbacks" The things that sprew from his mouth are exactly endearing, it certainly isn't a way to make friends.........
I am not convinced that he intentionally hit her and knocked her teeth out. If it is proven that Mel did all the the things she claims he did, I'll be salting my fedora.

Absolutely.

I'm perfectly happy to have people angry with me, because when someone is angry you have complete control over them. What they do is 100% determined by what you do.

I do not say things in anger that I would not say otherwise. I just don't do it. Never have. Even when I'm angry I have no desire to be hurtful to those I love, so I don't say hurtful things. I don't understand people who do that.

I also find that it helps that I'm always right!:crazy:

I am not convinced that he intentionally hit her and knocked her teeth out. If it is proven that Mel did all the the things she claims he did, I'll be salting my fedora.

You think he acidentially hit her in the mouth because she "deserved it"?

Of course she did not deserve to be punched! However, I have yet to see the proof that she was punched. I trust her about as much as I trust him so I'll wait for the evidence.

She knowingly entered into a relationship with a known substance abuser with a violent temper. If she didn't see this coming maybe it's because she was blinded by dollar signs.

There's proof, behold the dentist:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/13/dr-ok...-teeth-domestic-violence-investigation-photos

I want to hear from the District Attorney's lips exactly why Mel hasn't been arrested yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done with Mel. And I'll tell you exactly what did it for me...

1. He hit her
2. He hit her while she was holding their child!
3. His endless tirade of the N word, the C word, Homophobia, his nasty remark about hispanics, oh and let's not forget the whole anti-semitic comments from before...
4. "I'll bury you in the rose garden... you know I'm capable of it..."
5. Saying someone deserves to be raped... imo.. that's enough right there for me to want to hunt him down myself.

I don't care who you are, I don't care why you're with someone (money, fame.. whatnot...) No one, and I mean NO ONE deserves to be treated like this... Mel Gibson is a pig and a poor excuse for a man.

The members of this board have seen enough to know where this situation was potentially headed. I'm glad that Oksana recorded him. People need to see and hear the real Mel Gibson. Not the smiling guy with the baby blues that everyone sees in interviews... The racist who abuses and threatens women.

all imo of course.

WOW I saw this on the news last night, and I am shocked beyond belief at some of the things he said. Hitting and threating is never ok. I have not read all the post, so I am not even sure why this took place.

I am shocked by how many people have posted about his girlfriend being responsible for what he has/is doing to her.

It does not matter if she made a poor choice to be involved with a drunk or if she intentionally sought him out for money. Her faults/flaws become a moot issue the moment he raises his hand and utters his hate-filled words.

I am not sure how long he has been like this, but my guess is that he has always been this way. The only reason we are seeing and hearing about itnow is because he left his wife. They were married for years, it becomes second nature to cover for the behavior of a dysfunctional partner, especially when he is an abusive jerk.

Geez I certainly don't want to be defending Mel in any way, but "what's-her name" - there is something hinky with her too. Oksana who? OK, so before she hooks up with Mel she is a nobody and interesting how she got knocked up pretty quickly and into a messy split and she's got her mug on TMZ and Radar Online and many major news stations and websites. Again, not defending Mel, but the reason she's released this to the media has nothing to do with the world wanting or needing to know anything about Mel (as it could have been released during or after a hearing) it's for What's-her-name to become famous; she's octomom just in another body with another situation to exploit. I think she probably is a fake boobed *advertiser censored*, still not saying that justifies Mel's actions but I agree with him on that point.

And now Oksana's 12 year old son is being drug into this mess!
http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/13/mel-g...r-dalton-witness-interview-domestic-violence/

Sheriff's Dept. Wants Interview with Oksana's Son
<snipped>
Sources tell us Alexander Dalton saw many of the blowups between Mel and his mom, both before and after the explosive January 6 showdown. Alexander -- whose dad is actor Timothy Dalton -- lived with Mel and Oksana while they were together, and is considered "a very important percipient witness" to Sheriff's investigators.

Maybe Timothy Dalton will beat Mel up.

OK so this bright young lady allowed her son to live with she and the monster. Again, Mel is a monster but the medium O here is no saint and does not deserve immunity from criticism. She has done what a lot of others have lately, slept with a rich older dude to get rich and become famous. As much as I'd like to like Kendra Wilkinson (and her ilk) and her rags to riches story, she's a prostitute pretty much.

If Okto-sana's intentions are to prosecute him fine, but this whole media firestorm smells like "This rich crazy dude is the best thing that ever happened to my career!" And stupid, crazy Mel should have to answer for his crimes, but I'm not going to sit here and not criticize her just because she is a woman who was abused. She can be a victim and a bad person all at the same time.

I never thought I'd ever say this but I find new respect for Lewinsky who disappeared instead of exploited. Then again she may have actually been in fear for her life.

I am shocked by how many people have posted about his girlfriend being responsible for what he has/is doing to her.

It does not matter if she made a poor choice to be involved with a drunk or if she intentionally sought him out for money. Her faults/flaws become a moot issue the moment he raises his hand and utters his hate-filled words.

I am not sure how long he has been like this, but my guess is that he has always been this way. The only reason we are seeing and hearing about itnow is because he left his wife. They were married for years, it becomes second nature to cover for the behavior of a dysfunctional partner, especially when he is an abusive jerk.

Her faults and flaws do not become a moot issue just because she is a victim. A victim can be a bad person and a victim simultaneously and victimhood does not cloake someone in an immunity from criticism cape.

I recognize she's a victim - Mel is a bad guy, OBVIOUSLY, but that doesn't make her free of some liability for her life and her choices.

How does it make any sense to absolve her of any liability or criticism simply because she's become an abuse victim? If that were the case, we would not blame criminals for the things they do because their faults and flaws would become a moot issue the minute a hand was raised to them in their past or harsh words spewn at them.

Imo... The Question on the Poll was "Will you still watch Mel's movies?" Not... "Did Oksana do anything wrong..."

And she wasn't a "Nobody..." She was a Russian piano player, singer-songwriter, and model... who worked with Josh Groban before she met Mel Gibson.

The fact that she got pregnant so early in the relationship is not something that I'm willing to knock. I know people who got pregnant very early on in relationships and they've ended up very happily married and still together after 20+ years.

You think he acidentially hit her in the mouth because she "deserved it"?
A teacher and a student are wiring up an electronics circuit. The teacher flicks the switch and the student recoils in shock and exclaims, "Sir! You electrocuted me!". The teacher replies, "yeah, you deserved it" (i.e. for not properly grounding himself).

At the end of one of the tapes, Mel says he will still support "his" child. He may not care for Oksana, but he seems to care for the well-being of the child. I doubt very much he would strike a woman holding his baby. Maybe he lashed out in an involuntary way and elbowed her accidentally? He views her as a manipulative soul-sucking *****, I'm not surprised he thinks she deserved whatever injury she sustained in the accident.

Please let it be made clear that genuine victims of domestic violence should be supported and the domestic violence they suffer should be completely denounced. I just don't buy her story given the suspicious time frame, the leaking of the tapes (as well as their contents), the scope for possible extortion, and various other little things that don't add up.

If I am wrong, I sincerely apologize for my ramblings. I do admit I have a terrible track record with regard to judging cases from my armchair, e.g. I thought Reiser didn't do it :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro