Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, his behavior turns me off too much

Votes: 117 59.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to adore Mel. I loved his movies and his personality. I don't know what changed him or if he was really like this all along. The man quite frankly is too far gone for me. Something is wrong in his head. Maybe too much drinking has burnt this guy's brain out. Too much hatred for my taste.

I couldn't get the main video to open but I can only imagine what came out of his mouth. I read how he treated his gf and I am just shocked at his behavior. This man is just insane.

I think he is washed up in Hollywood now and people no longer have any respect for him.

Thanks SmartBlonde for the inside scoop.

Mel is one scary dude.....

Goz.

When I see his pictures and videos lately, the look in his eyes is downright scarey....the eyes of insane. Something is so wrong with this guy IMO.

Right? I wouldn't fight him.:eek:

I think his dad is a kookaboo as well.

No way does anyone deserve to be spoken to like that (if it's him) nor do they deserve to be missing a tooth thanks to some maniac. However, did this woman not know he's a rager? Seems to me she was all smiles and lolipops when she played her piano on some morning talk show a bit back. Who is zooming who? BTW, she was very good, but no way would she have gotten a contract on her own in the US I don't think.

I voted yes I'd still watch his movies. He may be an abuser, nut cake, but he's a good director and actor.

Right? I wouldn't fight him.:eek:

I think his dad is a kookaboo as well.

No way does anyone deserve to be spoken to like that (if it's him) nor do they deserve to be missing a tooth thanks to some maniac. However, did this woman not know he's a rager? Seems to me she was all smiles and lolipops when she played her piano on some morning talk show a bit back. Who is zooming who? BTW, she was very good, but no way would she have gotten a contract on her own in the US I don't think.

I voted yes I'd still watch his movies. He may be an abuser, nut cake, but he's a good director and actor.

His dad makes him look like a freakin saint Filly.

I believe of course she knew he was filled with rage but he was her claim to fame. She may be good at playing the piano, but many are. Mel was her ticket. It takes two to tango.

I voted too I would still watch him for his talent. He is a fine actor and director as you stated even though I feel he may be washed up in Hollywood. He still can affordto produce on his own.

Goz

Hello WS :)

I was done with him when he made the "sugar *advertiser censored*" comment to the female officer and made anti-Semitic remarks. I had always liked Mel(because of his movies)and because I heard he loved his wife and children.

IMO, he is a hate filled man who can only serve as an example of how not to be a good human being. In his interview with Diane Sawyer he comes across as very glib: he seems like a sociopath to me.

Boo! Mel Gibson, Boo!

:twocents:

Listening to that rant gave me flashbacks of my ex's tirades of verbal abuse! Whoa!!!

ok back to reality....

No I am not a fan. My bf works in the film industry and is Jewish, so Mel's work has no place in our home library of DVD's.

MOO but Mel from Hell is an offensive, pathetic, tiny lil man! Now his baby daughter will one day see and hear all this BS on the internet and how her cretin of a father called her mother some of the worst names that every woman hates. What a jackarse!

All Moo. And I feel better that I have now called Mel some ugly names. that flashback was all to real....thanks everybody for allowing me to vent!

wm

going to unruffle my feathers now.......

His dad makes him look like a freakin saint Filly.

I believe of course she knew he was filled with rage but he was her claim to fame. She may be good at playing the piano, but many are. Mel was her ticket. It takes two to tango.

I voted too I would still watch him for his talent. He is a fine actor and director as you stated even though I feel he may be washed up in Hollywood. He still can affordto produce on his own.

Goz

I am not going to watch his movies. Even if his ex-girlfriend was far from being an angel, no one deserves to be talked to that way.

I loved Mel in the Lethal Weapon movies, but Ransom was my absolute favorite of all of his work. In the scene where he collapses on the balcony after he believes that his son had just been shot....I am moved to tears everytime I watch it....and I just have to watch it because he expresses such raw emotion. He was a terrific actor. I don't know if he can overcome this mess, though.

I wondered in the past few years what had caused him to seem to age so dramatically in such a short period of time. I attributed it to drinking and the costly divorce. I'm sure all that contributed, but mental illness seems to be a major problem here.

This audio is so awful and I really feel like he's been protected via excessive wealth, status and privilege.

Now that he has been "outed" I certainly hope he gets psychological help - it's truly needed.

Edited to Add: As for his movies now, I can't see myself ever paying to attend one again, not after hearing such hatred.

It's both racist and sexist. Here, he states how his girlfriend dresses so slu**y that she asking to be raped by a pack of "n" words. http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-gibsons-explosive-racist-rant-listen-it-here

I swear this guy has a mental problem of some kind. I stopped watching his movies after his anti-semitic, drunken rant. But I think there's something more to this than just a racist loser. He used to make great movies. Now he just seems nutso. What do you think?

[video=youtube;QF3IpNU1Yu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF3IpNU1Yu8[/video]

That's kind of what I'm thinking. He sounds and looks like somethings wrong. Brain tumor? Dementia? Drugs or alcohol? he seems to have changed so, so much. Unless he's just been great at hiding his true nature all these years and now simply does not care. I don't know.

I'm not sure that he doesn't care. I think it's others are sick of his **** and are finally coming out with it all. JMO

Are they sure it's him on that recording? It sounded kind of bad-acting-ish to me. Not that I don't think Gibson's probably gone off the deep end, but something about that recording . . .

And that makes you think it's not him? :waitasec:

He's a flat out drunk who has some weird sense of entitlement. I did hear somewhere that he claimed he was bipolar, but I just think that by saying that it gives all people who have bipolar disorder a bad rap. (How dare he!)
Here's an old interview with GMA after his drunk rant with the cop.
He needs to seriously detox, and stay sober. Booze is NOT his friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHccyFZKPU

I'm bi-polar and I'm sick of this excuse being used when people are caught doing things that aren't right. If he flew off the handle yelling at her without the *advertiser censored* and racist comments then I might cut him slack this once.

Listening to that rant gave me flashbacks of my ex's tirades of verbal abuse! Whoa!!!

ok back to reality....

No I am not a fan. My bf works in the film industry and is Jewish, so Mel's work has no place in our home library of DVD's.

MOO but Mel from Hell is an offensive, pathetic, tiny lil man! Now his baby daughter will one day see and hear all this BS on the internet and how her cretin of a father called her mother some of the worst names that every woman hates. What a jackarse!

All Moo. And I feel better that I have now called Mel some ugly names. that flashback was all to real....thanks everybody for allowing me to vent!

wm

going to unruffle my feathers now.......

No, my opinion too! :thumb:

I remember the cast of the Lethal Weapon movies talking about how much fun they had and they were like family - when the chance to do sequels came up they were all ready to go. Stories abound about what a practical jokester Mel was on various movie sets. Maybe he was suppressing these feelings, but it seems to me he has changed somewhere along the way. Very sad.

I would still watch his movies however I have to say that we don't go to theaters, we wait until they hit cable or rentals. It takes a movie I am desperate to see to get me to the theater - Seabiscuit was the last one I saw and before that it was Speed.

mel-gibson.jpg

I knew I'd seen that look somewhere before...

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/images/years/1971/charles_manson.jpg

Definitely has a bad case of the crazies!

not that I'm defending him in any way, but why is she in the same vicinity as him after he supposedly knocked her teeth out - she's recording him yet she's afraid for her life?

don't people who are afraid for their life get as far away from the perpetrator as possible, especially when they have the luxury of not being financially dependant on their spouse?

and now onto him - how does he not know whether the mother of his child has breast implants? or is he so messed up that he can't even think reasonably?

I wasn't able to hear the video in my country but I read the disgusting words and I think he's an alcoholic, possibly self-medicating a psychiatric illness

yep, he's one sick puppy

too bad - I used to adore him and his work

Thank you, exactly! I am NOT defending him or his words, nothing to defend. But why is she baiting him and recording him? I think people that secretly record other people, especially when one person is obviously drunk or having some kind of mental episode, are low down. She did this to bring him down IMO. He's totally wrong for what he said to her & of course for knocking out her teeth (if that's true) but she's wrong for not getting the hell out of there instead of resisting the opportunity to record him. She will get some kind of child support anyway, I don't think him saying such vile things will amount to any extra money for her.

Thank you, exactly! I am NOT defending him or his words, nothing to defend. But why is she baiting him and recording him? I think people that secretly record other people, especially when one person is obviously drunk or having some kind of mental episode, are low down. She did this to bring him down IMO. He's totally wrong for what he said to her & of course for knocking out her teeth (if that's true) but she's wrong for not getting the hell out of there instead of resisting the opportunity to record him. She will get some kind of child support anyway, I don't think him saying such vile things will amount to any extra money for her.
It is my understanding that this was a recorded phone conversation, so there was no 'there' to 'get out of'.

By the way... sentences like, "He's totally wrong for what he said to her & of course for knocking out her teeth, but...", really make me nervous.

It is my understanding that this was a recorded phone conversation, so there was no 'there' to 'get out of'.

By the way... sentences like, "He's totally wrong for what he said to her & of course for knocking out her teeth, but...", really make me nervous.

I see your point, but it does make you question how the situation came about. There is no excuse for his behavior (unless, perhaps, he is truly ill) but is there an excuse for hers? One person being wrong doesn't make the other one right.

If he really acts that way, then leave. If you want evidence for a child support hearing, I guess I can imagine taping a phone interview to play for the judge (if that's even legal in CA). But releasing it to the press? What is that about? Just trying to play nasty in public? Trying to make herself more sympathetic?

Makes me wonder if the tape would not be admissible so she released it knowing she would get it out there somehow. And have the public on her side.

Kind of reminds me of Charlie Sheen and Alec Baldwin. They are both pretty scary guys, but they attract women who are clearly into scary.

I see what you are saying, Angeleleven, and I do respect your views.

I guess I just see things differently lately. When I see a woman trying to get out of a domestic violence situation, I don't see a woman who is "into scary", I see a woman trying to get out of a domestic violence situation.

If she were truly "into scary", she'd be staying, not leaving.

He's a flat out drunk who has some weird sense of entitlement. I did hear somewhere that he claimed he was bipolar, but I just think that by saying that it gives all people who have bipolar disorder a bad rap. (How dare he!)
Here's an old interview with GMA after his drunk rant with the cop.
He needs to seriously detox, and stay sober. Booze is NOT his friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHccyFZKPU

Watching this interview he seems totally out there. he reminds me of my very intelligent but eccentric and very alcoholic uncle who's heart suddenly burst when his body just could not take it anymore. I have seen other alcoholics who act like this as well, that is, alcoholic men who also happen to be very smart. It's the look, the facial expressions like he knows about a conspiracy and is letting you in on it. The suspicious eyes, the looks that say, "Yes, you KNOW what I mean, don't you! You see how it's all panning out? They can't fool ME. It's much bigger and greater than most would understand but I understand it. Let me educate you."
I'm probably not explaining this very well but watching that video brought back a lot of memories of certain alcoholics I have known.
But I think there is something else as well, may be related, maybe not. I read an article once about how he seems to add extreme violence, gratuitous violence and torture into his movies not to convey a message or to add historical drama or whatever, but because he gets off on it somehow. That IS scary. I wonder if he is some kind of psychopath.
Oh well, I used to love his MadMax stuff, among others. Great movies when I was a teen!

This is not directed to anyone here on this thread, but....
I guess I find it curious that some would fault her more for recording his vile diatribe, after he had knocked her teeth out, than to fault him for knocking her teeth out to begin with.

Some people record conversations in the context of DV or custody cases, just to prove to the court what they are really being exposed to on a regular basis: Ie., that they are not lying when talking about this person's behavior.
It is illegal in CA to record someone without his or her knowledge except if the court gives you permission in connection with a DV case, but people do it anyhow because the risk of a misdemeanor is sometimes less than the risk of losing a custody battle, for example.
I think some of these people who release these recordings do so because they want the power of public opinion behind them, but others do it to shame their ex simply because they are very angry. I think the latter is the case with Alec Baldwin's ex and the famous "Pig" message to his daughter. It was not an illegal recording but why release such a thing when your kid is old enough to be shamed by it? I think Basinger hated her ex more than she loved her child.
I don't know why Gibson's girlfriend released this but I tend to agree with those who questions her motivations. She may not be a great person. Like does tend to attract like. But, it does not excuse his behavior. I could be drunk as he!! or angry as heck and you won't her me saying such things. Vile stuff.

I guess I find it curious that some would fault her more for recording his vile diatribe, after he had knocked her teeth out, than to fault him for knocking her teeth out to begin with.

You are 100% right. But I don't think the issue is that she recorded it. I think the issue is that she may have released it to the public. Radar Online is known to pay handsomely for this kind of stuff. I am a believer in not exposing dirty laundry unless doing so would really help others. She could have just let the court hear it and not release it, if that's what she did. I don't fault her for a minute for recording it. Sometimes that is necessary to gain evidence in a case.

If it was over the phone, she has even less of an excuse for the recording. She could've simply hung up. ;)

How does my comment make you nervous? I said he was wrong for what he said & did.

It's more that she felt the need to release those recordings. If she felt safe somehow having them for any future legal proceedings, that's one thing. But that doesn't seem the case now does it, since a tabloid released them. $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove