Melanie Griffith's knees

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The smoking angle here too - first thing I noticed was the cigarette. Maybe she doesn't know what smoking does to your skin! To me that's the thing that made her look the worst in these pics - not her knees, but the cigarette. I agree with the person who said she needs to gain some weight. That will make her look some better, too. I still think she's pretty, though. I can't stand her voice, but I always did think she was (and still is) pretty.

The alternative to getting older is much worse than getting older.....

I saw a picture of Kim Basinger recently where her elbows looked like Melanie's knees.

Whatever her knees look like, she's still the one boinking Antonio Banderas...I think we're all jealous!!! ;)

How dare you! :furious:

as if i could possibly be jealous of Melanie being able to wrap herself around the gorgeous Antonio Banderas at will! :p

The whole thing about "what smoking does to your skin" - i sometimes think this is just another of the scare tactics to keep people from smoking!

Are they talking about the small puckery lines on the upper lip that women get as they age? Almost everybody gets those lines to one degree or another.

The only reason I mention this is that I have a mother who is in her late 80's and she smoked a LOT - at least 2 packs a day - up until she was almost 60. Her skin is amazingly good for a woman of that age. To the point that when I take her out shopping, if she mentions her age to anyone, they are just simply amazed. She loooks like she is around 70-72 I would say. (And her hands look good too!)

Re: Melanie's knees. Didn't Demi Moore supposedly "have her knees done"?

...I think she looks old even in her face for 50.

I agree. Melanie isn't aging well, even with all her plastic surgery. She is way too thin, and her hair is too bleached and too stringy. She needs to relax and do the best that she can with what she has. Get a softer color for her hair and a new hairstyle and QUIT SMOKING!! If she would put on 20 or 30 pounds, it would go a long way in helping her entire body look better. :)

Wow, Melanie and I are the same age and I honestly feel good about my skin and knees looking at those pics! I feel terrible for her even if she caused it herself w/ surgery, weight loss, sun and smoking! AlwaysShocked, my mom is like yours. She is 75 and smoked for years, until she was 70. Her skin and knees look much better than Mel's. Also, those lip lines appear on many people, smokers and non-smokers alike. I think so much is genetic. I agree with everyone who said the best thing she could do is gain some weight (and quit smoking, obviously, for health)! This scary skinny thing is just ridiculous! If my knees looked like that I sure wouldn't be in shorts.

Eve

OKay sorry but more power to her, Who cares!
I think she looks fine, I couldn;t care less about her knees and I love that she wears shorts regardless. No wonder our young woman feel compelled to look perfect. This is an article pointing out the flaws in a persons KNEES! Good gravy.
She knows she will be photographed, but she is okay with that and I think that is solid.
For the record I am not even a MG fan , I think she is a horrible actress lol.. I just admire any actress that is good with going out looking however she happens to that day.I also don't think she is too skinny?!

I will exclude any positive comments about her smoking .She definitely has smokers skin on her face, no doubt about it. But that is more about overall health than beauty. Aging skin is just a by-product of smoking. Smoking is just bad for you all around.

ETA: She also seems to have a good amount of sun damage. I only mention this as a warning to stay out of the sun!!:)

The whole thing about "what smoking does to your skin" - i sometimes think this is just another of the scare tactics to keep people from smoking!

Are they talking about the small puckery lines on the upper lip that women get as they age? Almost everybody gets those lines to one degree or another.

The only reason I mention this is that I have a mother who is in her late 80's and she smoked a LOT - at least 2 packs a day - up until she was almost 60. Her skin is amazingly good for a woman of that age. To the point that when I take her out shopping, if she mentions her age to anyone, they are just simply amazed. She loooks like she is around 70-72 I would say. (And her hands look good too!)

Re: Melanie's knees. Didn't Demi Moore supposedly "have her knees done"?

I actually agree with you about the smoking thing - I think what happens to our skin as we age is more genetic than anything else. My Mom has smoked forever and I can only hope to have as pretty skin when I am her age (62). I'm not endorsing smoking here, just pointing out that other factors are at play.

Now, what my Momma would never do that Griffin is doing is walk and smoke...she says only prostitutes do that! Must be a Southern belle thing! LOL!

And yes - the rumor mill says Demi had some knee work done.

Have you ever seen th studies with identical twins? One was exposed to sun and smoking and the other not. WOW. I will look for a link.

Have you ever seen th studies with identical twins? One was exposed to sun and smoking and the other not. WOW. I will look for a link.

I have not and would love to check it out. Though I really wasn't trying to imply that smoking (and sun) don't matter. I believe they do.

http://www.antell-md.com/zest.html

Gay smoked, drank alcohol and baked in the sun.

The other twin did not.

Frankly, the 'fun twin' will probably die with a smile on her wrinkled face and the 'boring twin' will die with more attractive skin and no smile...

I'm pretty sure I don't mind a few more wrinkes!

For all the work and money Melanie has put into her looks to stay young looking, I think failed. Sorry, that is how I look at it. Some women look good (younger even) after plastic surgery, she doesn't. She looks her age. Maybe she would look worse if she hadn't had anything done, hard to say... :crazy:

Could yo-yo dieting have caused the loose skin on the knees? She looks abnormally thin; she used to be curvy like Marilyn Monroe. drug/alcohol abuse and smoking take a toll on one's looks. She should go lighter on the mascara & lipstick also - just doesn't look good on an older or older/middle aged woman. Hair is way over processed.

It's funny I saw a picture of her on the cover of a magazine recently - maybe Vanity Fair? She looked great; I guess it all depends on the photography/touch-up techniques.

She should look alot better at her age; something's really taken a toll on her face.

Diller.jpg

Melanie.jpg

Melanie has not aged well.

Could yo-yo dieting have caused the loose skin on the knees? She looks abnormally thin; she used to be curvy like Marilyn Monroe. drug/alcohol abuse and smoking take a toll on one's looks. She should go lighter on the mascara & lipstick also - just doesn't look good on an older or older/middle aged woman. Hair is way over processed.

It's funny I saw a picture of her on the cover of a magazine recently - maybe Vanity Fair? She looked great; I guess it all depends on the photography/touch-up techniques.

She should look alot better at her age; something's really taken a toll on her face.

I agree Martha.. Too much makeup on an middle aged woman doesn't look good.. It make can them look worse..

Heck, I'd look 10 years younger if I were airbrushed and in the right lighting ... hehe.. but get me in a harsh light :eek: :o :snooty: Lighting play a big role in how we look.. hehe

Wow, that is a bit of a shocking picture.

This is just my opinion, but I think when older women are too skinny, they look like this. Their skin doesn't have the elasticity in it anymore to stay in shape. I think she needs to put on a few pounds and fill in her skin.

Maybe I am wrong, but it just looks like her skin is sagging. Same with her hands and neck. They get all "ropey" looking without a little fat on them.

And she really needs to lay off the face lifts. I do not understand why women (and some of the men) keep doing this. I'm sure they looked natural after the first or second lift, but now her and so many others, look like the Joker!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo
Back