Melissa Huckaby

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. Could she have torn something internally, while trying to dispose of that suitcase, and it worsened...and that is why she went to the hospital for "internal bleeding"?

Respectfully, Sandra weighed 45 lbs, not 85.

I'm reading all this, but I am still not seeing a COD for Sandra yet. It has me confused. It is time to put the COD out.

This could still be some kind of horrible accident. I do see potential for other connections and the LE public info officer has admitted to putting out misleading info in order not to hamper the investigation (I think - I have not actually see the media report on this yet, but I'm looking for it) so trusting him when he says no other arrests are anticipated would be risky.

Salem

Great work everyone! I looked at the inmate booking info, and it says 207(A) - Felony Kidnapping. California has a few different subsections of kidnapping. (A) is by force:

207. (a) Every person who forcibly, or by any other means of
instilling fear, steals or takes, or holds, detains, or arrests any
person in this state, and carries the person into another country,
state, or county, or into another part of the same county, is guilty
of kidnapping.

(b) covers "luring" or "enticing." So LE believes MH either threatened or forced Sandra - this wasn't a case of "want to come in the house and see my puppy?"

That makes it even more strange to me! Everyone already said how surprised they were it was a woman- I'm even more surprised now. Women killers usually have more of a "soft kill" or luring, not out-right violence against children.

Was murder also listed as part of the booking information, as the police chief suggests? Thanks! -Kitkat

They know WHERE the mudertook place but are not revealing it. Melissa was on probation, therefore police needed no search warrant to search where she lived - living with her grandparents, they would need a search warrant for grandparents licing spaces but not hers.

It is terrible that the church has been involved in any way, implicating the Pastor and his wife.

BTK did the same thing. . .using his Lutheran Church with one of his victims.

She has to have a motive of some kind....What do you think it is???There are women sexual predators as well as men... I wonder if she was jealous, in some way, of Sandra.... I wonder if Sandra's sister, Miranda was a victim of this MH also, in some way. Miranda might could tell more to the police... It's odd to me that Miranda was there at her house, and she said she asked Miranda to baby sitand the whole time she was planning to kill or molest Sandra,,,,, maybe just another lie..

Of course, there is always the possibility of error but one thing the police will not do is to state an arrested party is charged with murder (& kidnapping) as Melissa was when the homicide was accidental. So it is their information and belief that Sandra was murdered.

Shenamen seems to know the cause of death even though the coroner's report is sealed. Motive seems to be a mystery even to him.

Was murder also listed as part of the booking information, as the police chief suggests? Thanks! -Kitkat

Yep, it says 187(A) - which is murder:

187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a
fetus, with malice aforethought.

I wonder if Melissa has significant mental issues. Not mentally ill but if she has a disordered personality? If she does, it is going to be very difficult to project and sleuth a motive. Many times people with severely disordered personalities have no rhyme or reason to their crimes, or if they do it takes a forensic psychiatrist to uncover motive. JMHO.

I'm reading all this, but I am still not seeing a COD for Sandra yet. It has me confused. It is time to put the COD out.

This could still be some kind of horrible accident. I do see potential for other connections and the LE public info officer has admitted to putting out misleading info in order not to hamper the investigation (I think - I have not actually see the media report on this yet, but I'm looking for it) so trusting him when he says no other arrests are anticipated would be risky.

Salem
I have to respectfully disagree. There is no reason to believe this is any accident since they have charged her with Kidnapping and Murder. I believe she acted alone and I tend to believe there will be no other arrests as the Sgt. just stated in his press conference. He seemed very confident in the statement which indicates they do know how she was killed and feel she did this solo.

As for the COD/MOD, since there was a prior drugging of Sandra which she was suspected in...it would be premature for them not to wait on the toxicology results in this case. 4-8 weeks was the timeline for the return on those tests.

My gut feeling is that she was strangled or suffocated, but who knows what this vile woman did to this sweet little girl. :(

What could be MH's motive for killing this adorable little girl? Did Sandra have something on her? Was she resentful of Sandra because MH was suspected in the first drugging? Was she angry that she didn't finish the job the first time? My mind just cannot comprehend a motive for this senseless murder of Sandra.

when was MH released from the hospital? I am curious as to what time.:waitasec:

You know, the kidnapping charges lead me to wonder if Sandra was placed in the suitcase before she actually passed. UGH! hate typing that....

On KCBS radio 740 the reporter said that Melissa was read her Miranda Rights twice.
At one point she did request a lawyer and then rescinded that request.
They also said that it was the comments that Melissa was making to the press yesterday
that caused them to ask her in for questioning last night. The comments she was making
were in conflict with the statements she had previously made to the police when they
talked with her early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member