Member of Grand Jury speaks on 20/20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PositiveLight,
I'm a dog person, I find them more sociable than say cats, which I also like. The Police knew they didn't need the dogs, just like the FBI knew it was no abduction case.

Yes the canine unit would have found JonBenet right away, let loose I can imagine them racing from room to room, then howling once they reached the basement?

That FW never saw or smelled JonBenet that morning is a mystery. Thats why I reckon JR moved her into the wine-cellar, similar hints about her bedroom being the primary crime-scene.

Question: Do they actually use canines inside of homes in kidnapping cases? I would think this would (further) contaminate the crime scene.

Is there a thread for the Reelz channel show? Or can I post screen shots and comments here in the 20/20 thread?

I don't think there is a dedicated thread yet but you could try creating one (and message Tricia so she can approve it). Otherwise I personally wouldn't object to seeing anything you have to post about it in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: Do they actually use canines inside of homes in kidnapping cases? I would think this would (further) contaminate the crime scene.

That's a good question about contamination. I'm not sure. I do recall reading in Thomas or PMPT that there was discussion about bringing in dogs around 11/12 that morning but Eller (I think?) shot down or put off the idea. I also recall online speculation that John may have overheard the talk about dogs and decided to "find" the body before they could.

That's a good question about contamination. I'm not sure. I do recall reading in Thomas or PMPT that there was discussion about bringing in dogs around 11/12 that morning but Eller (I think?) shot down or put off the idea. I also recall online speculation that John may have overheard the talk about dogs and decided to "find" the body before they could.

Right. I remember reading something about that, too. But not inside the home. I just can't imagine that ever happening.. not in any alleged kidnapping case (even in this one, where they totally muffed everything else). Nobody in their right mind would bring the canines into the house, surely.

I did a quick search and only found this mention. I've never read this ebook, btw:
The Last Christmas of JonBenet Ramsey

(bbm)

According to all reports, John told investigators the alarm was not set, and that in fact they hadn't used it for some time. The reason he gave (at various times) was that they didn't know the code to turn it off because it was in the house when they bought it, and JonBenet had set it off unintentionally without their being able to turn it off. (I know, the answers don't jive with one another, but that was what he told the police.)

Hopefully some of the questions about the DNA and the handwriting will be answered (or at least addressed) in the book scheduled for release tomorrow. Here is what the description says at Amazon (emphasis mine):

What really happened to JonBenet Ramsey? Was her death intentional or an accident, covered up to look like a botched kidnapping? What are the facts about the case DNA? What does it really tell us? Is it relevant to the crime or is it contamination? Can it be tied to an intruder, or was District Attorney Mary Lacy’s attempt at exoneration of the Ramseys based on faulty interpretation of the actual lab results?

“Listen Carefully: Truth and Evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey Case” contains 12 pages of explosive DNA reports from Bode Cellmark Forensics that had been hidden until recently, as well details of the 2013 shocking revelation that John and Patsy Ramsey were indicted by a Grand Jury in 1999, but the Boulder District Attorney declined to prosecute.

Exposing the many myths and misrepresentations of facts in the Ramsey case, the book uses documented evidence and detailed research, as well as extensive interviews with many who were involved in the case, to present the truth surrounding JonBenet’s death and the 20-year investigation.

With a thorough linguistic analysis of the ransom note, as well as handwriting comparisons, new photos, footnotes, a bibliography for further reading and five appendices (including timelines, Ramsey house plans, and a guide to understanding DNA), the book is essential for anyone interested in not only what happened to JonBenet, but why.

The True Crime Detectives Guild is a private organization that studies cases of unsolved crimes. Guild members have expertise in various disciplines. Modeled on the Vidocq Society, their primary goal is to shed light on challenging criminal cases, particularly those that have affected the public’s trust in an impartial media and an unbiased system of justice. Membership in the Guild is by invitation only.

(Hopefully, after reading this book, even I'll understand enough about DNA that I can form my own opinions. As it is, I haven't understood enough about it to even attempt discussing it.)

Someone will have to tell me about it. I haven't got a kindle!

Remind me again who was it that read the note and then said, "We have a body?"

I think that was FBI agent Ron Walker. And if memory serves, he read the note and said, "you're going to find her body."

Just so you know, SuperDave, if you don't have a Kindle but you have a smartphone, you can download the Kindle app for free and read Kindle books that you buy (or if you wanna read Mark Twain or whatever, all the old uncopyrighted stuff is free!). I'm sure you can also do this on your computer. I have a Kindle but I usually access my Kindle books on my phone - my phone lets me copy-paste things but my actual Kindle doesn't.

But I'm sure we'll all be talking about anything new that comes up in the new book anyway!

Just so you know, SuperDave, if you don't have a Kindle but you have a smartphone, you can download the Kindle app for free

That's true! I have the app on my phone but I have dysgraphia so I prefer to read and write on the computer. I do love the phone app though. Technology is amazing!

That's true! I have the app on my phone but I have dysgraphia so I prefer to read and write on the computer. I do love the phone app though. Technology is amazing!

I haven't got a smartphone. I haven't even got a stupidphone.

Kindle Cloud Reader - an Amazon app for your pc. Tada!
I have a Kindle, but this is what I use when I'm on my pc.

Kindle Cloud Reader
https://read.amazon.com/
Kindle Cloud Reader lets you read ebooks instantly in your web browser - no Kindle device required.

I'm guessing who you are referring to.

My question is this...surely there is no way that Patsy or John are going to cover for a friend who would do this to their daughter?

It's enough that they would cover for their own son.[/

Maybe they are covering for both BR and DS...

SuperDave,
I've got a Kindle. It currently lives in my bedside drawer, its been there for over a year now.

Its full of books, yet I rarely read from it, i think the size of the device puts me off, I reckon I'm old school, I prefer the touch of the real thing, after all a Kindle is just the concept of a book, much in the manner a Hoover is a replacement for a brush, I luv those brushes made from twigs, and they work ...

Then there is battery charging, you pick up your Kindle only to be presented with a large empty battery symbol.

When I purchased the thing I thought it was alike sliced bread an answer to problems unsolved.

Not to be, yet I see people on the bus happily reading away. I guess for some it solves something.

It cannot replace that sense which Armand Marie Leroi references in the very first sentence of his erudite book:
There is a bookshop in old Athens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back