Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's the US twist on it... I assume you're US based? The UK press has generally been a lot harsher to Knox and a lot less focussed on Rudy at all. Needless to say Rafaelle gets almost zero press as seems to be the pattern elsewhere...

I haven't seen any Knox baby photos over here, aside form my own internet research. I guess the Knox family care less about being in contact with UK press?

Certainly, the UK press have no qualms about coming from the paradigm of 'she did it'.

ETA, what do you mean by the 'blackest' picture of Rudy? Do you mean in terms of how dark his skin looks in the photo? Bit confused.
This is the only photo of Amanda as a child I have seen in the media:

Amanda-_540x405.jpg

There are persons in this case who should be locked up for a while, maybe even committed, but certainly not the ones they have behind bars now.

I have yet to hear a plausible series of events that fits with guilt. Cleaning only your own footprints without smearing cleaner or leaving traces of blood or erasing any of the real killers prints? Randomly carrying a 12in knife around just to go home while walking with your new boyfriend? Running into a guy you barely know, if you even remembered him at all, and deciding on some weird sex game with your roommate? Then you stage a break in that "just so happens" to match the exact technique of the guy whose dna is inside the victim? Seriously? This is the story we are supposed to believe?

It's all so unbelieveably preposterous that I am amazed that anyone with any amount of logic and common sense can swallow it.

MOO, of course.

If these convictions are upheld it will be such a travesty.
Yes! Exactly - so well stated, thank you!

Why is that amusing? It would be pretty stupid if she said these things. Not that I trust Nick Pisa by the way.

Today was another good day for the prosecution. Consultants Gino and Torre were hardly asked any questions, and nobody seemed very interested in those 2.

The rejection of the retest request was expected. The prosecution made their point that C&V didn't do their job very well. Point well taken by Hellman but he needs to move on at this stage. I can't blame him.

It is weird to see how reporters are choosing the sensational line in this case. Where Knox being released would be sensational so that is the most interesting thing to write about. Whether she killed another human being is of secondary value. It is really sad. IMO.

In the mean time, the rest of the evidence that I was told could be reviewed is not being reviewed but I guess that is not important anymore ;) I will patiently wait till the verdict comes out. Until then kudos to Hellman for not allowing any further delays in this case.
There is no question that Comodi said those things to Nick Pisa, and he and others made headlines of her "Ill wind blowing /Hellman is against us" remarks. Pisa would not risk being sued for slander by Mignini, and he is a journalist with the ethics of that profession. CNN now reports Comodi's later, watered down "we are still confident" statement, but there has been no retraction; her comments of this morning, and the articles with them, stand. Now being quoted in People magazine:

Now, in an appeals trial, Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellman in Perugia, Italy, rejected a prosecution request to introduce new records on the original tests and to hear from a new witness, CNN reports.

The decision was a blow to the prosecution and a major victory for the defense of Knox, 24, and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, 27, who had been convicted after Kercher's semi-naked body was found in the house they shared in Perugia.

"There is an ill wind blowing in this case," Prosecutor Manuela Comodi said, according to The Telegraph. "The judge and his assistant are clearly against us. I can see both Knox and Sollecito being freed, which will be a shame as they are both involved."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20526358,00.html

I am not surprised that Ann Coulter has decided that those who believe Knox and Sollecito are innocent are just liberal hubristic idiots:

By now, the only people who believe Knox and Sollecito are the usual criminal apologists and their friends in the American media.

From Tawana Brawley, Mumia and the Central Park rapists, to the Duke lacrosse players and Karl Rove, liberals are always on the wrong side of a criminal case. A few times could be a coincidence; every time is evidence of a psychological disorder.

As described in "Demonic," liberals defend the guilty and impugn the innocent not only because they side with barbarians, but because a fair and just system of law challenges their hegemony as judges of the universe.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2011-09-07.html

I am not surprised that Ann Coulter has decided that those who believe Knox and Sollecito are innocent are just liberal hubristic idiots:

Ugh... Coulter... probably my least favourite person in the world. I'm glad this is her stance because I would hate to think we had anything in common.

Ugh... Coulter... probably my least favourite person in the world. I'm glad this is her stance because I would hate to think we had anything in common.
Yes, I feel the same!

Coulter's logic goes like this:

Knox and Sollectio are clearly guilty.
Liberals are always on the side of the guilty and haters of the innocent (as in, liberals love terrorists).
Ergo, liberals want Knox freed.
Mignini winning would be the traditional and the righteous putting a leash on their rabid desire for total , frenzied, perverse, freedom.
:banghead:

Blimey... some people have no filter... if they feel so strongly about justice for murder, why make death threats?!
Exactly, just because she says it is not sure Knox will be free. It is sad :(

Exactly, just because she says it is not sure Knox will be free. It is sad :(
No, it was the pro-guilt camp who became enraged this morning when Nadeau tweeted, "It looks like Knox will walk." They jumped all over her---this is NOT coming from the pro-Knox camp, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

More interesting tweets:

mchancecnn Matthew Chance
#AmandaKnox prosecutors privately concede possibility conviction may be overturned later this month...met them earlier with other journos.

- CNN Senior International Correspondent

http://twitter.com/#!/mchancecnn

andreavogt
The two judges (right) presiding over #amandaknox appeal walk & talk in centro Perugia

yfrog.com/kigsmywj

Candace_Dempsey Candace Dempsey
@OGGI_online Rudy Guede admitted Amanda Knox wasn't at crime scene. Hear complete Skype call on Oggi. #AmandaKnox: goo.gl/5roVu

http://twitter.com/#!/Candace_Dempsey

Yes, I feel the same!

Coulter's logic goes like this:

Knox and Sollectio are clearly guilty.
Liberals are always on the side of the guilty and haters of the innocent (as in, liberals love terrorists).
Ergo, liberals want Knox freed.
Mignini winning would be the traditional and the righteous putting a leash on their rabid desire for total , frenzied, perverse, freedom.
:banghead:

Ann Coulter is evil. If they'd let her wear too-tight, age-inappropriate black cocktail dresses, she would have joined Al Quada years ago.

(ETA to be clear: I did not write the above because of her opinion on this case, nor would I say the same of those who agree with her on the Perugia matter.)

Ann must not be aware that Donald Trump is no liberal...

She also isn't aware that much of the Italian press has been critical of the prosecution's case. She seems to be only peripherally aware of the facts of this case as she makes quite a few errors in her article.

I'm sure she knows nothing of the case except what she has overheard at Manhattan cocktail parties. Her statement is mere boilerplate with the names "Knox" and "Sollecito" inserted where appropriate.

It's all a game to Ann. She doesn't care that a young woman is dead or that two young people may be unjustly convicted. She doesn't care about anything except getting her name into the news (for no apparent reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required