Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on page 213 for me. Your link went nowhere near it. Bear in mind that the number of posts per page is entirely at the choice of the member. You need to link directly to the post itself.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=7607278

Even stating the post number is doubtful, because this will change if any posts prior to it are moved, for example to AAH.

Yes he did. But not before mentioning Amanda had condoms and a vibrator in her bathroom!!!!! OMG? She's a witch, burn her.

Actually, now that I think about it, this is potentially a very effective, albeit underhanded, tactic on the part of Mignini - think about it...a group of eight Italians is very likely majority Catholic, if not universally so, and according to the Church, both self-gratification and birth control are terrible sins... :sick:

Of course, I have no clue as to how seriously the average Catholic (let alone an Italian one) would take such things nowadays, as my primary experience personally is with lapsed Catholics...

Frank had not paid a 450 Euro fine, so when he showed up in front of the police, they detained him. How does it work in other places when someone doesn't pay their fine? Isn't it normal for police to haul them off to pay it?

I find it odd that on the first day of closing arguments this is of greater importance when it is something that he is probably appealing

Something very wrong with this picture

I find it odd that on the first day of closing arguments this is of greater importance when it is something that he is probably appealing

Good point. Who brought it up?

It's on page 213 for me. Your link went nowhere near it. Bear in mind that the number of posts per page is entirely at the choice of the member. You need to link directly to the post itself.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=7607278

Even stating the post number is doubtful, because this will change if any posts prior to it are moved, for example to AAH.
Oh, I see; thanks so much. Sorry, I really did not know, and do not know how to link to the post.

well, other than Frank having not paid the fine to get thrown out of court in front of the media, I think you scenario - that he did not pay it as he was appealing it - leads to a sinister conclusion: that frank was strong armed as a sign that the police and prosecution are back in the saddle, and will remain so. god forbid.....

well, other than Frank having not paid the fine to get thrown out of court in front of the media, I think you scenario - that he did not pay it as he was appealing it - leads to a sinister conclusion: that frank was strong armed as a sign that the police and prosecution are back in the saddle, and will remain so. god forbid.....

There is nothing to suggest that he is appealing the fine.

To be honest, I highly doubt that the prosecution was even aware of this, or had time to care. In addition, no conspiracy theories are needed here, as PLE has consistently demonstrated a complete lack of awareness of what its actions look like to observers, as well as a penchant for taking overt, inappropriate, though still legal, action to resolve situations that could be taken care of in a more reasonable fashion. In today's climate of global paramilitarization of police training and tactics, such an event wouldn't even be noteworthy if it hadn't taken place under the noses of journalists on the lookout for a little extra drama.

There is nothing to suggest that he is appealing the fine.
Well, given that Frank would likely only bite if he had been provoked, I would say he is appealing it.

And they couldn't take him to pay his fine at the close of court yesterday because...?

I am going to take a guess here and say because they were too busy with these points of evidence:

1. The media circus which PLE leaked info to and created
2. The US/Italian card
3. That the defense shows no respect for the victim; close to slander but I am certain that it has been the prosecution that has charged so many with calunnia
4. A pink toy vibrator
5. Condoms
6. Sympathy for Rudy Guede
7. The race card as he is poor and black
8. The SC card which really does not pertain to this trial
9. Perugia's chief prosecutor came to stick up for the team
10. Stated that the experts report was a falsification
11. That all of Italy feels like parents
12. Cartwheels
13. That they consoled each other
14. A drop of blood
15. AK named PL first not them (I feel here I am listening to a squabble between 2 three year olds)
16. It was the "duty" of the PLE to interrogate
17. Reference to Nazi tactic

I am going to take a guess here and say because they were too busy with these points of evidence:

1. The media circus which PLE leaked info to and created
2. The US/Italian card
3. That the defense shows no respect for the victim; close to slander but I am certain that it has been the prosecution that has charged so many with calunnia
4. A pink toy vibrator
5. Condoms
6. Sympathy for Rudy Guede
7. The race card as he is poor and black
8. The SC card which really does not pertain to this trial
9. Perugia's chief prosecutor came to stick up for the team
10. Stated that the experts report was a falsification
11. That all of Italy feels like parents
12. Cartwheels
13. That they consoled each other
14. A drop of blood
15. AK named PL first not them (I feel here I am listening to a squabble between 2 three year olds)
16. It was the "duty" of the PLE to interrogate
17. Reference to Nazi tactic

Looking at this list, I can't help thinking that Mignini should enter the political arena after all of this - his tactics remind of those used in the last few US Presidential campaigns...

Frank Sfarzo has weighed in...

His statement about the events today:

Today they keep yelling, they keep bothering people, in exactly the way Amanda and Patrick have recounted.
Yes, if you heard a rumor on the Internet, it’s true, they attacked me again today, they yelled at me, they grabbed me, they simulated an arrest, they dragged me out, then they dragged me in, they tried to scare me. And, exactly as they did with Amanda, after having accused and charged me (last year) of having beaten 5 huge cops, now they even want my money! They fined me 450 euro for the work time loss, since one of them, beaten so hard by me last year, couldn’t go to work for a while. I don’t know why they are so fragile, maybe they are not real men. However, and another trial starts…
For sure a dossier is ready for me with new Totos, new Amandas (as when she incriminated Patrick) to testify that I’ve spent my life into drugs, into violence, that I was beating my mom, raping my sisters, kidnapping girls…

They are doing their best: they really want the world to understand what they have done to Amanda and Raffaele. In doing these things that are EXACTLY as the ones described by Amanda and Patrick, they are really helping make it clear who lies between them and Amanda.
And I guess they are succeeding. Especially after today’s performance.

Just so long as these colleges are available to those who are worthy of such an education. (just in the way of an explanation, Nova: My sisters and I had a very, very bizarre situation with college ---all had IQs in the 140s, super high SAT scores, our mother had an MA and our father a PhD, and taught at NYU and Chicago U, cousins went to Princeton and Harvard, and our parents bizarrely resisted our going to college at all, told us it was all claptrap and cajoled, threatened and begged us not to go, and finally made us go to a local college that was very low-grade and fifth-rate due to it being free from my mother's work- so I have massive envy and resentment and absolute bafflement as to how people normally go to college)

I have no idea what your parents were thinking.

I went to an Ivy League college for my B.A. and to the U. of California for grad school. Didn't make me rich, but forever changed the way I view the world. Might I have eventually gotten to all the same material on my own? Maybe, but I doubt it.

And, yes, 10 years of college were expensive. So what? I should have more jewelry instead? A fancier car? A bigger house?

I have no idea what your parents were thinking.

I went to an Ivy League college for my B.A. and to the U. of California for grad school. Didn't make me rich, but forever changed the way I view the world. Might I have eventually gotten to all the same material on my own? Maybe, but I doubt it.

And, yes, 10 years of college were expensive. So what? I should have more jewelry instead? A fancier car? A bigger house?
I agree. And yes, it is obvious my parents were psychos.

I agree. And yes, it is obvious my parents were psychos.

Forgive me, but they sound selfish and cheap.

Obviously, you have done just fine without degrees from big-name schools. I certainly didn't mean to imply that everyone must go that route. (I see more value in the academic environment and interaction with other dedicated students than the name-value on a diploma.)

But I'm a little sensitive--both as a former student and as a former professor--at the charge that higher education is all beer bongs and date rapes. Frankly, I worked my tail off, sometimes not sleeping for days on end. And most of the time I worked one or two jobs simultaneously.

Still worth it!

Forgive me, but they sound selfish and cheap.

Obviously, you have done just fine without degrees from big-name schools. I certainly didn't mean to imply that everyone must go that route. (I see more value in the academic environment and interaction with other dedicated students than the name-value on a diploma.)

But I'm a little sensitive--both as a former student and as a former professor--at the charge that higher education is all beer bongs and date rapes. Frankly, I worked my tail off, sometimes not sleeping for days on end. And most of the time I worked one or two jobs simultaneously.

Still worth it!
Oh, Nova, I had you pegged as a high brow intellectual (of the authentic stamp) and a professor, (and oddly enough, gay) before you had conceded to any of it. I adore classical education, and made sure to study classical Latin, Aristotlean Nichomachean ethics, politics, metaphysics, and conduct an independent study in the Hegelian Phenomenology of Mind. Yes, my parents were amoral lunatics; everyone who knew them deemed them so. They did not want their daughters "treading on their territory". For my next incarnation, I have put in a request for Nova to be my father. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics