Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She admitted that she was too stoned on the night of the murder to remember anything and she has no alibi.
Do you have a citation for your claim? This is one of the enduring myths of the case. Both Knox and Sollecito gave accounts of 1 November that agreed on the what, but did not align perfectly on the when. They are each other's alibis.

Do you have a citation for your claim? This is one of the enduring myths of the case. Both Knox and Sollecito gave accounts of 1 November that agreed on the what, but did not align perfectly on the when. They are each other's alibis.

Yes, thank you. Stating that she had no alibi suggests that when asked she just shrugged.

Nadeau's twitter has a good bit of commentary on this:

https://twitter.com/#!/BLNadeau

She's taking it as it is: pure character assassination, and she has some pretty sarcastic responses to his theatrics.

Again I have to wonder if this nastiness is going to have the opposite effect on these Judges/Lay-Judges as it did in the initial trial, given that the current one hasn't had the incessant character attacks that the first one had? I mean, unless such vicious gutter talk is normal in Italian courtrooms, it has to be more than a little shocking to the Lay-Judges in particular. I think the 'witch' label was an unfortunate choice, as it combines nicely with the other nastiness to evoke the thought of witch-trials, and all the negative baggage that comes with it.

It could be especially bad for the Prosecution if the Defense manages to do their closings in a calm, organized and professional manner. Hope they manage to get a dig in about the witch thing though.

Okay, Nadeau just tweeted this (it's during the Maresca Statement):

@BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Maresca was thr when bloody felpa was taken in2 evidence, not left behind as media reported, remembers how cold it was that day. #amandaknox

https://twitter.com/#!/BLNadeau

Is he talking about MK's jacket? The one that was photographed in a clothes hamper during the six week later search? :waitasec:

More:

Maresca comparing cred of Curatolo to Aviello (mafioso) and Alessi (babykiller) called by defense in #amandaknox case.

Now that's just stupid. Alessi and Aviello were throwaway witnesses, who had no effect on the trial other than to add a bit of the old circus atmosphere. Comparing the prosecution's key witness to them is a rather counterproductive move, IMO.:waitasec:

ETA: He's trying to discredit an already worthless Alessi now...WTH?

Reminding court of #Alessi's heinous crimes. Reminder: Alessi brot in 2 say Guede told him #amandaknox didn't do it in prison yard chat.

Hellmann has made up his mind. This case is over and it's just going through the motions. The verdict is already a foregone conclusion.
Let us just hope that Hellman has a better sense of reality than those who call Knox "a witch with a double soul."

Let us just hope that Hellman has a better sense of reality than those who call Knox "a witch with a double soul."

Indeed. It has become apparent that these are astonishingly <modsnip>.

I had a long talk over lunch yesterday with a dear friend of mine who is originally from Mexico City. Well traveled, from a wealthy background. We discussed our respective experiences in France and Italy, and how we both have always preferred France. In the end, he mentioned that Italians greet him and his family as kindred Latinos, and made unflattering comparisons to similarities between the more uncivilized aspects of Mexican and Italian culture. Four years ago, I would have objected. But I left the lunch largely thinking my friend had a great point. Italy is a profoundly corrupt culture with an all-too-recent fascist past, papered over by beautiful architecture and great fashion sense.

Short of a desire to take any future children I may have to see the country's culture and beauty, I may very well never return to Italy again. I am sincerely disgusted by these people. Even if Amanda Knox were guilty, the witch references and harlot implications are indicative of a deeply sick culture.

Indeed. It has become apparent that these are astonishingly<modsnip>.

I had a long talk over lunch yesterday with a dear friend of mine who is originally from Mexico City. Well traveled, from a wealthy background. We discussed our respective experiences in France and Italy, and how we both have always preferred France. In the end, he mentioned that Italians greet him and his family as kindred Latinos, and made unflattering comparisons to similarities between the more uncivilized aspects of Mexican and Italian culture. Four years ago, I would have objected. But I left the lunch largely thinking my friend had a great point. Italy is a profoundly corrupt culture with an all-too-recent fascist past, papered over by beautiful architecture and great fashion sense.

Short of a desire to take any future children I may have to see the country's culture and beauty, I may very well never return to Italy again. I am sincerely disgusted by these people. Even if Amanda Knox were guilty, the witch references and harlot implications are indicative of a deeply sick culture.
Exactly. If you believe a defendant is guilty, you line up the evidence, you say, "Look, forensics points to this person as culpable"---you do not call them "an enchantress", "a witch with a double soul; part angel, part diablo", etc. I cannot imagine an American prosecutor or attorney getting away with such drivel. Did they say Scott Peterson was a warlock with magical powers? Really medeival. Yes, I would cancel any further trips to Italy, you just may wind up in Amanda's shoes.

Exactly. If you believe a defendant is guilty, you line up the evidence, you say, "Look, forensics points to this person as culpable"---you do not call them "an enchantress", "a witch with a double soul; part angel, part diablo", etc. I cannot imagine an American prosecutor or attorney getting away with such drivel. Did they say Scott Peterson was a warlock with magical powers? Really medeival. Yes, I would cancel any further trips to Italy, you just may wind up in Amanda's shoes.

Interestingly, Nadeau has just tweeted that Michelle Moore -- ex-FBI agent Moore's wife -- called Mignini evil to his face in court. She took the words right out of my mouth. If anyone in that court room is genuinely evil, it is him.

Interestingly, Nadeau has just tweeted that Michelle Moore -- ex-FBI agent Moore's wife -- called Mignini evil to his face in court. She took the words right out of my mouth. If anyone in that court room is genuinely evil, it is him.
Yes, I just read that on JREF forum, and some are saying, "this does not help, this is hurting the cause, this is unacceptable"--all true to a certain extent----but as Knox is being called a diabolical soul, a witch, an enchantress, I say: Turnabout is fair play. ;)

More:

Now that's just stupid. Alessi and Aviello were throwaway witnesses, who had no effect on the trial other than to add a bit of the old circus atmosphere. Comparing the prosecution's key witness to them is a rather counterproductive move, IMO.:waitasec:

ETA: He's trying to discredit an already worthless Alessi now...WTH?
Not stupid at all. Those defence witnesses were very unreliable. He is making the point that compared to them Curatolo is much more reliable. It is just strategy.

I am so disgusted by the <modsnip> that, for fear of what I might say or do, I know that I could never consider entering that court room.

Surely Hellmann knows that Mignini is on some level unhinged. The man is in the midst of his own criminal trials, after all.
Well, let us hope it is all being taken into account by Hellman. After I read Douglass Preston's accounts of Miginini accusing 20 people of occult sexual activities, and the indictments being thrown out, and Mignini convicted, I felt none of his theory re Knox should be taken as anything but fantasy.

What forensic points? This was Lumumba's lawyer. The evidence is that Knox lied. She even admitted it.

Well, let us hope it is all being taken into account by Hellman. After I read Douglass Preston's accounts of Miginini accusing 20 people of occult sexual activities, and the indictments being thrown out, and Mignini convicted, I felt none of his theory re Knox should be taken as anything but fantasy.

As I just noted on JREF, Hellmann did not take the opportunity to throw Michelle Moore out of court, which presumably Mignini's <modsnip> Massei would have done in a heatbeat. I think this particular judge has made up his mind, and this time in the right direction.

The interesting question to me will be whether any civil awards will be made. I suspect Hellman may acquit Knox and Sollecito; or give them a reduced sentence and release them on the basis of time served, which amounts to nearly the same thing. I suspect he may feel compelled to at least tip his hat to his colleagues, and not appear to be buckling to the Americans. So along with this, Amanda Knox might be assessed some financial damages.

Largely because of the "complexity" -- read: medievalism -- of Italy's legal system, the mind truly does reel over the vicissitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon