Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that false confessions happen but, you would never get me "confused" enough to make up a story about some crime I knew nothing about. Possibly out of fear of extreme physical punishment or death but, not from a whack on the head and exhaustion. I would be arrested for beligerence and punching the lady back before I gave some made up story. Amanda was a smart girl so not sure I buy the confused bit. I'm not saying she is guilty. The evidence was lacking so I agree with her release. I just think she's a curious individual and it will be interesting to see how she behaves now out of prison.

I think a lot of it was Police telling him things- say Amanda was doing,saying such and such I can totally see someone trying to explain things so the Police will see he is innocent- but instead it made things much worse...
Especially under the circumstances. I mean, it wasn't failing to pay a parking ticket, ya know?

I do agree that false confessions happen but, you would never get me "confused" enough to make up a story about some crime I knew nothing about. Possibly out of fear of extreme physical punishment or death but, not from a whack on the head and exhaustion. I would be arrested for beligerence and punching the lady back before I gave some made up story. Amanda was a smart girl so not sure I buy the confused bit. I'm not saying she is guilty. The evidence was lacking so I agree with her release. I just think she's a curious individual and it will be interesting to see how she behaves now out of prison.
BBM

With respect, you'd be surprised at what exhaustion can do to a person, especially an exhausted person in the box.

There was one in Italy where the man got off for raping a woman because the judge said the guy couldn't have got the lady's jeans off himself. <modsnip>.

Yup, just got to wonder what I'd do with a weapon on me and/or an overpowering male or just having the carp scared out of me. Too many people misunderstand a woman's compliance and cooperation. Just as AK and RS's behavior seems to have been misunderstood in many instances during this case. Often times when one questions a victim's behavior or a defendant's actions, my response is "well, you weren't really there to understand the context." Now, FCA is an entirely different case, but that's going off-topic...

<modsnip> this happened in a foreign country in a foreign language, which would have a greater level of intimidation. <modsnip>. People with CPR training can freeze up when faced with it in real life, etc. It's easy to play armchair quarterback. It's harder to accurately predict our own reactions to a stressful situation, much less the actions of someone else whom we don't even know personally.

BBM

With respect, you'd be surprised at what exhaustion can do to a person, especially an exhausted person in the box.

I suggest anyone who hasn't read her transcript from the first trial do so to understand why she said what she did during that interrogation. One small part here:

So what ended up happening was, that they told me to try to remember what I apparently, according to them, had forgotten. Under the amount of
pressure of everyone yelling at me, and having them tell me that they were
going to put me in prison for protecting somebody, that I wasn't protecting,
that I couldn't remember, I tried to imagine that in some way they must have
had...it was very difficult, because when I was there, at a certain point,
I just...I couldn't understand
why they were so sure that I was the one who knew everything. And so, in my
confusion, I started to imagine that maybe I was traumatized, like what they said.
They continued to say that I had met somebody, and they continued to put so much
emphasis on this message that I had received from Patrick, and so I almost was
convinced that I had met him. But I was confused.

The whole thing here:

http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=165&p=17377&hilit=luca#p17377

To some it seems completely like a lie, and I understand that. To me seems plausible and genuine.

Amanda is supposed to land in about 30 minutes.
Then it is expected it will take another 30 minutes to gather luggage and things. About an hour from now.

Then a press conference is expected, last I heard... who would be talking (Amanda?) was unknown.

Live link: http://www.komonews.com/live

Family spokesman Dave Marriott said Knox and her parents are on a British Airways flight from London due to land later Tuesday at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

Her parents and legal adviser were expected to talk to reporters after the plane lands, but it was unclear whether Knox would speak, Marriott said.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/131066198.html

http://www.komonews.com/

Well, now that A/R are free and found not guilty, I feel we've said all that has to be said about events of that fateful night - for anyone who questions the evidence, just go through all the previous threads/posts.. all the arguments are there, pro and con, stated many times over.
I feel I no longer have to defend A/R...
I concur. The verdict is clear. The murder conviction was overturned. An acquittal...Not guilty!!!

<modsnip>this happened in a foreign country in a foreign language, which would have a greater level of intimidation. <modsnip>. People with CPR training can freeze up when faced with it in real life, etc. It's easy to play armchair quarterback. It's harder to accurately predict our own reactions to a stressful situation, much less the actions of someone else whom we don't even know personally.

Like I said, I agree false confessions happen.

Actually, I think they are both innocent and I think the evidence points only to RG. However, there is something different about Amanda. It's odd and I don't quite know what it is but, I think her confession and her statements to LE were because of her personality and less about confusion. I think it's what started this entire debacle and led anyone to question her involvement.

They get a free night alone, their phone's are turned off, no computer activity.....wow, and Amanda roommate just happened to be murdered that night!

<modsnip>? When I was 20 and feeling the first throes of love this could have been me (BTW, I'm 50 now and have never been out of the country except for many trips to Canada, I love Cannucks). What I'm saying is when I was 20, back then, not even being in a foreign country or having electronic communications, I would have done all I could to escape my family, employers on my night off, friends and roommates for a romantic first night alone with a really cute guy. In fact, I did do this many times while I was in college, fortunately my roommate wasn't killed while I was doing so.

<modsnip>? When I was 20 and feeling the first throes of love this could have been me (BTW, I'm 50 now and have never been out of the country except for many trips to Canada, I love Cannucks). What I'm saying is when I was 20, back then, not even being in a foreign country or having electronic communications, I would have done all I could to escape my family, employers on my night off, friends and roommates for a romantic first night alone with a really cute guy. In fact, I did do this many times while I was in college, fortunately my roommate wasn't killed while I was doing so.

I guess I shouldn't judge everybody by my family, we all went to college too, after serving our country, my children were all 18 when they enlisted, the baby was in Iraq at 19....this goes for all boy and girls! 20 years old is an adult, my adult son's were both blown up in Iraq and many other families babies didn't come home alive!
I never said that is what make them guilty, but it sure is odd!!!!! Amanda is NOT a child!

I am sorry if this is coming across as mean sprited, I just want to express my reasoning!

I'm not sure she will make it through statement. She has cried through the whole presser so far,

The family has thanked everyone including the public and lawyers.

They and Amanda have also asked that everyone please remember Meredith and keep her family in their prayers.

Amanda is extremely emotional and overwhelmed, having a hard time believing this is real.

Thanking everyone who has believed in her, defended her, supported her family.

Her family is the most important thing to her and she just wants to go be with them.

Lawyer is asking for time, slack and privacy.

Amanda looks exhausted...

They and Amanda have also asked that everyone please remember Meredith and keep her family in their prayers.

http://www.kirotv.com/livestreamvideo/26941056/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member