Mexico - Arlington TX Firefighter Elijah Snow, wed anniversary found dead at Cancun resort, Jul 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"He had scratches on his arms," she says. "The two biggest bruises that didn't make sense to us, with him being stuck in a window, were the inside of his thighs. The bruises appeared to be shoe marks. They were very similar in size and shape to a male size shoe. Almost like a work boot.

"In my mind, I concluded that somebody was stomping on his stomach and that's how they got the bruising on his stomach. And they missed a few times and got the inside of his legs."

That wasn't all. "On his back, right at his shoulders, he had four circular-looking bruises that almost looked like someone was holding them down with a knee or he was hit in the back with something circular," she says.

The back of his head was also covered in bruises, she says. "He had two gashes on his head, but one was fairly deep and had a cylinder shape. The one on his forehead almost looked like a pipe or a bat or something of that nature."

:(

I've read the thread again and based on the timeline and the evidence I still think it's misadventure even though some people think otherwise. I don't think it's murder. What I do think, is that perhaps the Mexican officials were probably letting his spouse down easy in terms of the circumstances of his death. They probably didn't give her his clothes because they may have been soiled. I think the image of the body that is blurred out is showing a deceased person wearing a pair of long pants. The dress code for the Asian restaurant was Evening Casual which for men is long pants. We know they went upstairs to their room to get dressed for dinner so I doubt he was wearing shorts.

Let's just go back to what Elijah drank that day that we know of. I honestly can't say whether his wife might be editing the sheer volume of booze he may have drank because she doesn't want him to be blamed for his own demise. When it comes to drinking, the reality is that Elijah was the rule rather than the exception for many people who go to all inclusive resorts.

They arrived mid-morning and after checking in went to the pool area and started drinking margaritas. Then sometime in the early evening they got ready to go to the Asian restaurant where ES was drinking sake. After dinner they went out for more drinks. Perhaps the argument they had was about the drinking. We don't know. What I do know is those people talking about watered down drinks are wrong when it comes to premium resorts.

As some have said tourism is the lifeblood of Mexico so if you're cool with spending around 500 bucks a night for a hotel for seven days they're going to give you what you want. And if that's booze you're going to get plenty of it. Tequila is about 40 percent alcohol. Wine is in the 9 percent range, beer in the 7 percent range and sake in the 18-20 percent range. That is an awful lot of alcohol to consume in one day starting around 11 am and for his spouse ending around 9:30 pm. We know ES did not quit drinking.

We know that the bars in the resort closed at 11 pm. But what about bars outside on the strip? Did they also close at 11? I checked out Senor Frog's. It closed at 2 am. It's a pretty infamous bar in many cruise ship destinations because some cruisers stay and drink themselves to oblivion and miss their embarkation. Senor Frog's is about 600 metres from ES's hotel. So if he was sitting at a bar with some fellow vacationers who were bummed they had to leave the hotel bar at 11 it's not beyond the realm of possibility that ES left the bar with other patrons and went somewhere else. Maybe that's why the 100 dollars was missing from his wallet and had nothing to do with being robbed.

A lot of resorts ask their patrons to wear wrist bands to identify them as hotel guests. However, the higher end the resort the less that becomes a requirement. So is it possible that ES tried to find his way back to the resort and got confused and tried to enter the wrong hotel? I'm just trying to visualize a night desk clerk dealing with a very drunk individual who insists that he's staying there. They refuse him entry so he goes looking for another way in. Maybe he experienced some falls and abrasions along the way because there was a lot of debris type stuff in the area, rebar and such. He managed to get into the bathroom but found the door locked from the outside so decided the only way out was to go through the window again but this time it didn't work. He was drunk, dehydrated, and tired.

I'm not saying that is exactly what happened but it is as good a scenario as murder.

Also when I look at the image of his forehead in one of the autopsy images you realize that the image is on an angle and that the left eyebrow is out of frame so what we are looking is a contusion that must be about an inch and a half above his left eyebrow. I don't think anyone took a hair sample; ES was experiencing early male pattern baldness and he kept his hair high and tight on the sides.

In an earlier post I mentioned a resort I had gone to that I found out two young kids had drowned after being sucked into an intake pipe in the pool. That hotel I do think tried to cover up the deaths because they would have been sued to kingdom come, and deservedly so. They did try to blame the parents for not looking out for their kids since I believe they were in the pool unattended. However, when they did find out they were in the intake pipe no amount of energy by a parent, guardian or life guard would have been able to save them because the suction was so great.

I think it's human nature to want to assign blame when a tragedy occurs but sometimes small choices accumulate and turn into a tsunami making an outcome irrevocable.

Last edited:
I've read the thread again and based on the timeline and the evidence I still think it's misadventure even though some people think otherwise. I don't think it's murder. What I do think, is that perhaps the Mexican officials were probably letting his spouse down easy in terms of the circumstances of his death. They probably didn't give her his clothes because they may have been soiled. I think the image of the body that is blurred out is showing a deceased person wearing a pair of long pants. The dress code for the Asian restaurant was Evening Casual which for men was long pants. We know they went upstairs to their room to get dressed for dinner so I doubt he was wearing shorts.

Let's just go back to what Elijah drank that day that we know of. I honestly can't say whether his wife may actually be editing the sheer volume of booze he may have drank because she doesn't want him to be blamed for his own demise. When it comes to drinking, the reality is that Elijah was the rule rather than the exception for many people who go to all inclusive resorts.

They arrived mid-morning and after checking in went to the pool area and started drinking margaritas. Then sometime in the early evening they got ready to go to the Asian restaurant where ES was drinking sake. After dinner they went out for more drinks. Perhaps the argument they had was about the drinking. We don't know. What I do know is those people talking about watered down drinks are wrong when it comes to premium resorts.

As some have said tourism is the lifeblood of Mexico so if you're cool with spending around 500 bucks a night for a hotel for seven days they're going to give you what you want. And if that's booze you're going to get plenty of it. Tequila is about 40 percent alcohol. Wine is in the 9 percent range, beer in the 7 percent range and sake in the 18-20 percent range. That is an awful lot of alcohol to consume in one day starting around 11 am and for his spouse ending around 9:30 pm. We know ES did not quit drinking.

We know that the bars in the resort closed at 11 pm. But what about bars outside on the strip? Did they also close at 11? I checked out Senor Frog's. It's a pretty infamous resort in many cruise ship destinations because some cruisers stay and drink themselves to oblivion and miss their embarkation. Senor Frog's is about 600 metres from ES's hotel. So if he was sitting at a bar with some fellow vacationers who were bummed they had to leave the bar at 11 it's not beyond the realm of possibility that ES left the bar with other patrons and went somewhere else. Maybe that's why the 100 dollars was missing from his wallet and had nothing to do with being robbed.

A lot of resorts ask their patrons to wear wrist bands to identify them as hotel guests. However, the higher end the resort the less that becomes a requirement. So is it possible that ES tried to find his way back to the resort and got confused and tried to enter the wrong hotel? I'm just trying to visualize a night desk clerk dealing with a very drunk individual who insists that he's staying there. They refuse him entry so he goes looking for another way in. Maybe he experienced some falls and abrasions along the way because there was a lot of debris type stuff in the area, rebar and such. He got into the bathroom but found the door locked from the outside so he decided the only way out was do go through the window again but this time it didn't work.

I'm not saying that is exactly what happened but it is as good a scenario as murder.

Also when I look at the image of his forehead in one of the autopsy images you realize that the image is on an angle and that the left eyebrow is out of frame so what we are looking is a contusion that must be about an inch and a half above his left eyebrow. I don't think anyone took a hair sample; ES was experiencing early male pattern baldness and he kept his hair high and tight on the sides.

In an earlier post I mentioned a resort I had gone to that I found out two young kids had drowned after being sucked into an intake pipe in the pool. That hotel I do think tried to cover up the deaths because they would have been sued to kingdom come, and deservedly so. They did try to blame the parents for not looking out for their kids since I believe they were in the pool unattended. However, when they did find out they were in the intake pipe no amount of energy by a parent, guardian or life guard would have been able to save them because the suction was so great.

I think it's human nature to want to assign blame when a tragedy occurs but sometimes small choices accumulate and turn into a tsunami making an outcome irrevocable.
I appreciate this thoughtful post and agree with you on all points.

I appreciate this thoughtful post and agree with you on all points.

Thank you. It is so very tragic what happened to Elijah. And the worst part is that it will probably happen again to tourists who apply a comfort level to an environment they are unfamiliar with which could be fraught with danger, be it Mexico, Thailand or the Grand Canyon, USA.

I've read the thread again and based on the timeline and the evidence I still think it's misadventure even though some people think otherwise. I don't think it's murder. What I do think, is that perhaps the Mexican officials were probably letting his spouse down easy in terms of the circumstances of his death. They probably didn't give her his clothes because they may have been soiled. I think the image of the body that is blurred out is showing a deceased person wearing a pair of long pants. The dress code for the Asian restaurant was Evening Casual which for men is long pants. We know they went upstairs to their room to get dressed for dinner so I doubt he was wearing shorts.

Let's just go back to what Elijah drank that day that we know of. I honestly can't say whether his wife might be editing the sheer volume of booze he may have drank because she doesn't want him to be blamed for his own demise. When it comes to drinking, the reality is that Elijah was the rule rather than the exception for many people who go to all inclusive resorts.

We know that the bars in the resort closed at 11 pm. But what about bars outside on the strip? Did they also close at 11? I checked out Senor Frog's. It closed at 2 am. It's a pretty infamous bar in many cruise ship destinations because some cruisers stay and drink themselves to oblivion and miss their embarkation. Senor Frog's is about 600 metres from ES's hotel. So if he was sitting at a bar with some fellow vacationers who were bummed they had to leave the hotel bar at 11 it's not beyond the realm of possibility that ES left the bar with other patrons and went somewhere else. Maybe that's why the 100 dollars was missing from his wallet and had nothing to do with being robbed.

A lot of resorts ask their patrons to wear wrist bands to identify them as hotel guests. However, the higher end the resort the less that becomes a requirement. So is it possible that ES tried to find his way back to the resort and got confused and tried to enter the wrong hotel? I'm just trying to visualize a night desk clerk dealing with a very drunk individual who insists that he's staying there. They refuse him entry so he goes looking for another way in. Maybe he experienced some falls and abrasions along the way because there was a lot of debris type stuff in the area, rebar and such. He managed to get into the bathroom but found the door locked from the outside so decided the only way out was to go through the window again but this time it didn't work. He was drunk, dehydrated, and tired.

Not to mention possibly being blacked out. I'll just say I'm grateful every single day that when I went through a heavy drinking phase, I was always safely at home with a partner who somehow put up with it. Once blacked out...you're not even knowing what or where you're going.

Yes to everything you said.

MOD REMINDER:

This link has been approved, but screenshots and photos from this article may not be posted to respect the deceased and his family.

Confirman que muerte de bombero de EU ocurrió al quedar atorado en unos baños

Thank you for allowing us to view the photos.

From my observation, it is obvious the gentleman was entering the bathroom, feet first, via a 24x24" window. However, I don't understand why, being a CrossFit Fireman, he couldn't place his hands against the outer wall and heave himself out with his upper body strength. Maybe because he was beaten nearly to death? Mexican authorities believe he was exiting the window. How do they explain him removing the plywood if he was on the inside?

Death of Texas Man at Cancun Resort Ruled an Accident But Family Says Post-Mortem Photos Raise More Questions

Wife Of Firefighter Who Mysteriously Died In Cancun Shares Why She Believes He May Have Been Murdered

Let me backup. They awoke at 3am in TX so they could make their flight; arriving at their hotel at 12pm. Jet lag + excitement! Did they consume alcohol on the flight? Were they able to sleep during the flight? Allegedly, she chose the resort. Had they ever been to the resort before during their ten yr marriage? Yes, frequently, JS states in the Dr Phil show.

If no nap on the flight (I can't sleep while flying which is tragic when traveling to Hawaii), then they've already been awake 9 hours. After check in, they go directly to the pool and order margaritas. Later, after sunset, they dress for dinner where they consume a bottle of sake. No Cheers to 10 years champagne toasts? They go downstairs to the bar and order cocktails.

It's 9:30pm and Jamie goes to their room to sleep. Elijah must have left his cellphone in the room earlier because he doesn't return to the room with her as he remains at the bar. No! His phone was in the car, she says during the Dr Phil show. They only had her phone. So, they rented a vehicle upon arrival even though they intended to not leave the resort?

JS awakens at 4am and Elijah has not made it back. She heads downstairs in search of him. Notifies the hotel at 5am and contacts the police at 8:30am. A search officially commences. At 11:30am, she was consulting with authorities. However, Elijah was discovered at 7am by the gardener. No blood is visibly staining the stucco walls on the interior or exterior.

At the scene, Elijah would have to walk thru the tall grass to scale the pile of grey rocks and somehow drop or climb down to the other side in order to reach the hidden window ... in the dark of night. Then, locate a crowbar in order to remove the plywood covering the window. Only, the indented injury on his forehead may have been made with that crowbar.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 7.31.30 AM.png

Looks like foul play to me. I suspect ES met with someone who purposely and intentionally befriended him. That someone is the culprit. Why would a stranger want him dead? Was there dark dirt inhaled into his lungs? JS thinks he was suffocated with dirt from under the window.

I understand why his wife felt the urge to escape from their holiday destination asap. It is where she lost her beloved husband and she didn't trust M authorities with the investigation. May Elijah Rest in Peace and his precious children always remember him fondly.

Just my thoughts and opinions, nothing more.

I don't believe this man was murdered. And I also don't think you can pass responsibility for bad choices onto some other entity. His blood alcohol level must have been astronomical what with continuous drinking from the time they arrived to the time Jamie went to bed.

I've been to quite a few all-inclusive resorts. No one holds a gun to your head when it comes to drinking. Or eating. The same thing happens on cruise ships too where people specifically pay extra for all you can drink.

I've seen a lot of really drunk people at these resorts passed out on loungers around the pool or burned to a crisp passed out on the beach. You see them the next afternoon looking really rough and you think, yup, you've learned your lesson. Except 3 hours later they are smashed again and repeat the same thing for the next 6 days.

There is absolutely no evidence that EJ met with foul play in my opinion. There's lots of evidence that his drinking behavior could be a factor in his demise. In Canada, where there are restrictions where you can purchase liquor, there used to be a public service announcement regarding drinking and driving. The tag line was, You are your own liquor control board.

I don't believe this man was murdered. And I also don't think you can pass responsibility for bad choices onto some other entity. His blood alcohol level must have been astronomical what with continuous drinking from the time they arrived to the time Jamie went to bed.

I've been to quite a few all-inclusive resorts. No one holds a gun to your head when it comes to drinking. Or eating. The same thing happens on cruise ships too where people specifically pay extra for all you can drink.

I've seen a lot of really drunk people at these resorts passed out on loungers around the pool or burned to a crisp passed out on the beach. You see them the next afternoon looking really rough and you think, yup, you've learned your lesson. Except 3 hours later they are smashed again and repeat the same thing for the next 6 days.

There is absolutely no evidence that EJ met with foul play in my opinion. There's lots of evidence that his drinking behavior could be a factor in his demise. In Canada, where there are restrictions where you can purchase liquor, there used to be a public service announcement regarding drinking and driving. The tag line was, You are your own liquor control board.

100% agree! There is zero evidence of foul play. So, now his wife is changing tactics and suing the resort and travel agent for freely serving alcohol. He was a grown man. He chose to get that intoxicated. This lawsuit is embarrassing and looks like a money grab. My mind is blown after reading that article.

I agree as well. The family/attorneys pointed to the odd position in which he was found and people have said his upper body strength could have saved him. But what if he was trying to get in to what he thought was his hotel and passed out during the attempt? He could have unfortunately died of positional asphyxia because of the awkward position in which he was stuck and he was simply too drunk to free himself. This is sad for his family, but does not seem mysterious. Moo

I never believed it was an accident and I still don’t. It sounds like, according to video footage that he was going up the stairs to go to his room. Someone in the hotel must have intercepted him. Maybe he couldnt find his room, whatever, and they took advantage of the situation. It’s a shame they didn’t have more video footage. Not only a shame, but suspicious that so much footage is missing. Imo

It’s unfortunately not the first time something like this has happened in Mexico. We traveled there years ago, but things were different then. Today, I wouldn’t travel there if you paid me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back