Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting developments!

That link JerseyGirl found had some new-to-us information. Feels odd that she did not give the phone number of the phone she purchased and used in Mexico. Also, it seems her husband was going to spend time with her in Cancun, but that she was going to continue her trip alone after that (presumably to Cuba and NYC). http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660/esposo-busca-china-desaparecida

That notepad with Jenny's name written in Chinese characters: I wonder if the notepad actually belongs to the host, and not Jenny. Maybe he or she was curious about what her name looked like in Chinese, and asked her to write it down so they could see? If that were the case, she didn't write the rest of the notes, and she didn't leave the notebook behind, as it wasn't hers to begin with.

I don't have access to Facebook, are there more pictures of the notebook that someone could post here? It looks like there is more writing on the back of that page.

And where was it found? At the last couchsurfing spot she stay at in Oaxaca before continuing on to Cancun?

I don't have access to Facebook, are there more pictures of the notebook that someone could post here? It looks like there is more writing on the back of that page.

And where was it found? At the last couchsurfing spot she stay at in Oaxaca before continuing on to Cancun?

I have limited access to FB (had to take a mental break lol) but from what I can tell there are no other photos of this paper. The name Artenio seems to be written on both sides of the paper with a column of numbers underneath. This could be anything without the correct context! A guide? A restaurant? Or maybe as mentioned above it means nothing if this isn't actually her page. On the FB search page, her husband confirms it is her writing but it hasn't been verified, per se. Wish we could see the other side!

It was found in the last place Jenny where Jenny stayed in Oaxca, either the night of April 11 or morning of the 12th. Witnesses have confirmed seeing her the morning of April 12 getting into a commercial truck but that's all I can gather. The husband is taking it as good news and confirmation she was in Oaxca but I always thought that was known. Seems she was following her schedule to be in Cancun, though.

That's the only picture so far. Apparently it was found at the last couchsurfing place she was known to have stayed, the night of April 11. The next day is when she was seen getting into a "trailer", presumably leaving for Cancun.

I would like to know if the person who says they saw her getting into the trailer is also the couchsurfing host. He would be a POI just because he was the last host, if they can't confirm the trailer information.

ETA: For those who don't use FB...I have a very locked down, private account with no friends just for sleuthing purposes. :) It's very helpful. I don't have a public account.

I have limited access to FB (had to take a mental break lol) but from what I can tell there are no other photos of this paper. The name Artenio seems to be written on both sides of the paper with a column of numbers underneath. This could be anything without the correct context! A guide? A restaurant? Or maybe as mentioned above it means nothing if this isn't actually her page. On the FB search page, her husband confirms it is her writing but it hasn't been verified, per se. Wish we could see the other side!

It was found in the last place Jenny where Jenny stayed in Oaxca, either the night of April 11 or morning of the 12th. Witnesses have confirmed seeing her the morning of April 12 getting into a commercial truck but that's all I can gather. The husband is taking it as good news and confirmation she was in Oaxca but I always thought that was known. Seems she was following her schedule to be in Cancun, though.

I read on the Chinese forum posted above that the bus she was getting on in Oaxaca was the same bus as protesters were getting off?

Oaxaca is the name of both the city and the state. So she would have been a days journey outside the city, but still in the state. Probably in a small town, where people would notice and remember a stranger.

I think this is a big break, the notebook confirms it was indeed her that was in this town. I don't think the notes are significant, they look like she had been keeping track of food costs, or something similar.

That notepad with Jenny's name written in Chinese characters: I wonder if the notepad actually belongs to the host, and not Jenny. Maybe he or she was curious about what her name looked like in Chinese, and asked her to write it down so they could see? If that were the case, she didn't write the rest of the notes, and she didn't leave the notebook behind, as it wasn't hers to begin with.

I agree with you on this, the numbers in the note book are accounts that post-date when Jenny went missing, and appear to be a Mexican's accounts for orders of tortillas -5 kilos is far too many tortillas for a single person to buy at one time.

Also, I doubt there are couchsurfing hosts in rural Oaxaca, it's a very traditional place where extended families live together, young people never live in their own home unless they marry and have a family.

Just read this story out of Cancun:

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/armed-fo...ome-after-traumatic-mexico-vacation-1.2904682

Not related to Jenny, but scary just the same. Jenny didn't have much money on her.

If you read past the tabloid sensationalism, this is a story of a young woman staying in a resort who broke her ankle, received medical treatment from the resort doctor , and then tried to leave without paying the medical bill. People don't treat you nicely when you try to skip town without paying.

If you read past the tabloid sensationalism, this is a story of a young woman staying in a resort who broke her ankle, received medical treatment from the resort doctor , and then tried to leave without paying the medical bill. People don't treat you nicely when you try to skip town without paying.

Are you kidding me?? She says the doctor had been sent to her without her knowledge or request. If the hotel insisted she see the doctor, then it should be on their bill, not hers.

Obviously she didn't receive a bill nor was told she had to pay the doctor until these individuals pounded on her door.

And what was the demand for payment of $300 to each of the "policemen" for???

This high-end resort is not going to ignore a woman who broke her ankle falling down stairs on their property and leave her to get up on her own and hobble around in pain and without treatment or crutches. No, sorry, it would upset the other guests and they would complain on trip advisor.

This high-end resort is not going to ignore a woman who broke her ankle falling down stairs on their property and leave her to get up on her own and hobble around in pain and without treatment or crutches. No, sorry, it would upset the other guests and they would complain on trip advisor.

The Oasis is a dirt bag resort, read the reviews on tripadvisor.

Yes. I wondered the same thing last week, and found their marriage certificate, dated Oct. 3, 2013, on the King County courthouse website. Her name is listed as Qundan Chen. You can search records here:

http://146.129.54.93:8193/localization/menu.asp?

edited to say I'm sorry, I thought I included a poster's question in my reply... The question was obviously whether or not they were married. :blushing:

Are we sure these two are even married? I didn't see one photo of him on her FB.

She has a green card. That means they are married, unless she has some other US relative who could sponsor her.

trying to piece together dates with the notes posted above:

She began travelling in Mexico on March 1. She left Oaxaca on April 11 for Cancun with an anticipated April 15 meetup at the airport with her husband for a few days.

From there, she was planning to go to Cuba on Saturday (April 23?!?) and New York City on June 1. She is fluent in English and Chinese and learning Spanish.

She was scheduled to be back in Seattle on July 5

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/woman-missing-on-oaxaca-cancun-trip/
http://komonews.com/news/local/seat...oes-missing-during-backpacking-trip-to-mexico
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...es-missing-in-mexico-during-backpacking-trip/

Looks right to me. Does anyone else find it interesting that she traveled safely in Mexico for 42 days, then disappeared on the last trek of her trip just four days before she was supposed to meet up with her husband? If, just if, she didn’t want to see her husband for some reason, that would be the logical time to disappear. 42 days could maybe be enough time to decide that she might want to stay in Mexico.

The page is public. You don’t need to have Facebook to view it. I only see that one picture.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/?pnref=story

Just read this story out of Cancun:

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/armed-fo...ome-after-traumatic-mexico-vacation-1.2904682

Not related to Jenny, but scary just the same. Jenny didn't have much money on her.
You know, it sounds as if this woman received medical care and was preparing to leave without paying... But equally sounds as though the Policia were trying to benefit a little under the table. My daughters been going to this hotel for several years. Cancun is very safe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Are you kidding me?? She says the doctor had been sent to her without her knowledge or request. If the hotel insisted she see the doctor, then it should be on their bill, not hers.

Obviously she didn't receive a bill nor was told she had to pay the doctor until these individuals pounded on her door.

And what was the demand for payment of $300 to each of the "policemen" for???

What’s with demand for payment when you don’t pay your medical bill in the US and a collection agency tries to collect it, and puts their fees on top of it? Yeah, I know the difference, but in the end it’s the same thing.

The CTV story is not very well put together. My opinion of the Canadian media just went down one notch with that report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member