Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Jenny's parents think now if she isn't with them or has made contact with them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They must be horribly distressed being so far away. They must feel helpless; I know I would.

Are you sure that was their reaction?

Part of me thinks Jenny left with them.

I can’t even guess where she is right now, but according to the translations posted in the first thread, the Chinese Embassy flew her parents to Mexico to talk to the Oaxaca, Chiapas, and Tabasco police departments. The police gave Jenny’s parents information proving that Jenny was alive and well and continuing to hitchhike in the south of Mexico, as of late May. Her parents thanked the police for their work on the case, and then returned to China. They seemed satisfied in the pictures. That seems to me like the end of the story.

ixr0ae.jpg

http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

I was fooling around and did a google images search of the main China consulate article http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm and found these articles:

http://www.guancha.cn/society/2016_06_10_363451.shtml

http://www.wenxuecity.com/news/2016/06/10/5281143.html

http://www.guancha.cn/america/2016_04_29_358637.shtml

http://www.backchina.com/news/2016/06/11/430955.html

http://m.6park.com/index.php?act=wapnewsContent&nid=169597

Her brother's comments (translated):
Wenzhou girl loves backpacking in Mexico lost contact
This year 26-year-old Chen Qun Dan Lucheng District of Wenzhou people, the English named Jenny (Jenny). According to his family introduction three years ago, she graduated from a university in Zhejiang, and her boyfriend Jonathan Leiyinhade (transliteration) to the United States and married. Qun Dan English is very good, but also a little Spanish. Family says Dan Qun March 2 of this year from the United States travel to Mexico, she set himself a trip to the three-month backpack trip. "We believe she basically through micro contact." Dan's brother Qun Chen said, every place she would ring update some photos to friends, "she said recently in a message circle of friends, is Beijing at 21 o'clock on the April 11 and more, meaning she was generally described for the kind of help she hitched the people of Mexico, Mexico. " University students might be the last person Miss Zhu Dan Qun lost contact before contact. Miss Zhu said Beijing at 21:30 on April 11 about (Mexico time difference is 13 hours, which is Mexico 8:30 am local time), both on the micro-channel chat, "she told me, a hours after you can ride to Cancun, Mexico. she alone hitchhiking has lasted more than one month, also worked during the 'off the sofa' (staying with a stranger on the sofa when traveling off-site), also worked in someone's home yard camping. " Dan's brother Chen Qun, said her sister lost contact after a few days, the American husband Jonathan Contact Wenzhou family, we knew something was wrong. "Originally, my sister and Jonathan arranged to meet in Cancun, Mexico, April 15. As a result, Jonathan been there, has not contact her." Chen said Dan Qun like a backpack excursion, had the longest travel time once, in the United States, a man out for a month. Chen said that two days ago, he has sent the relevant information to the Chinese Embassy in Mexico, the Embassy requests to help find her sister. "We also ask the Chinese Chamber of Commerce and the local police in Mexico to help find." Chen said.

Here's another Chinese article (translated):

http://oicwx.com/detail/1008251

27, Chinese-American Chen Qun Dan Net exposure alone lost contact with his family when traveling to Mexico. According to the "Legal Evening News" reported on the 28th, the reporter contacted his family found Dan Qun has 17 days no audio. Currently, the family has made contact with the Chinese Embassy in Mexico, the embassy is actively looking, but so far, we have not found the whereabouts of Chen Qun Dan. It is understood that the woman lost to Dan Qun, the English name is called Jenny, native of Wenzhou, 26-year-old. After graduation, she married her boyfriend and the United States and settled in Seattle. The end of March, she decided to challenge yourself to travel alone to open a period of one and a half trip to Mexico, she and her husband before departure appointment to meet in Cancun, Mexico, April 15, to continue the journey together. However, in April 11, Dan Qun but with all your friends and relatives lost contact. Qun Qun Yu Dan's brother introduced her last contact with the family is around April 9, when her mother chatted for a while. Qun Yu and her mother had tried to persuade her sister to go back soon, "from her circle of friends, the feeling is not very safe." Qun Yu worries are not groundless. Two days ago, Dan Qun circle of friends mentioned that when riding in the mountains was nearly two Mexican men drinking violations, that jumping on the highway to escape. This allows the family are worried about her trip to Mexico. Family advised her to go home, but Dan Qun decided to continue to travel as planned. Her circle of friends said, "the significance of this trip is to learn to face fear, which is more important than the museums or learn about their culture. So I decided to ride from Oaxaca to Cancun, Mexico across the half. "She wrote," I know just a bad person will be able to ruin my life, but having chosen this path rider, it can not therefore negative or resist. " Dan Qun micro-Bo wrote, "the significance of this trip is to learn to face fear, which is more important than the museums or learn about their culture. So I decided to ride from Oaxaca to Cancun, Mexico across half." Qun Yu suspect, she was on the road from Oaxaca to Cancun encountered an unexpected situation. At present, Yu Qun has contacted the Chinese Embassy in Mexico, had a feedback message, and did not find Qun Dan's whereabouts. Chinese Embassy in Mexico Consular Li Shu 28 am to accept the "Legal Evening News" reporter, said the embassy has been learned about the matter, is now actively looking for the missing woman. But he did not disclose the latest developments of events, "the latest progress of events, we are now only missing persons and their families in close contact." After fermentation thing, Dan Qun personal microblogging @jennycqd also friends dug, users found that its Chinese seemed dissatisfied.
Xiao Bian microblogging inquiry found Dan Qun really like backpacking, recently microblogging are also the state of her tour in Mexico. She continued to look at the micro-Bo, @ jennycqd discussed many differences between China and the topic in microblogging, comments from the users point of view, she said "hate China" microblogging most controversial in the May 9, 2014 . She often Sino-US comparison of various micro-Bo.
Such as contact lenses box:
compare Chinese and American children:
Comparison of Chinese and American Libraries
Comparison of Chinese and American staff efficiency:
Comparison of Chinese and American Medical:
I believe in American life every comfort superior fruits are especially good:
American political system has advantages:
Go cashless credit card:
The Chinese are a variety of problems and shortcomings:
But Xiao Bian found occasionally in its view changes, such as a very long start in the United States can vote, after the vote has become not believe: The beginning of a firearm was "both excited and scared" after the United States frequent shootings to US security problems question: September 9, 2014, has been living in the United States more than a year of Dan Qun also made such a micro-Bo, "I've never experienced 'no root' feeling. I remember June 2013, fly to the United States when I very, very happy, because I no longer have to think back to China, back to Wenzhou, no longer need to see everybody, "and" only a year, has wanted to go back. "
Reasons for these girls repeatedly criticized China for not yet known. Currently observer network with her family, like, waiting anxiously for news, hoping to far away for her safe return.

I'd certainly like to think that Jenny went home with her family. I do have trouble imagining Jenny going back to China after all the negative things she posted about it. But who knows? Maybe she did. And of course we don't know that the Chinese Embassy has dropped the case or if they are still quietly working on behalf of Jenny's family. Then again, the whole cooperative effort with Mexico could have been a sham, as JR angrily implied in a comment after an article (since deleted IIRC). I'm inclined to think he was right, if only because Jenny suddenly went silent for no apparent reason. There isn't any reason to think she's still out there hitchhiking IMO. Although I'd certainly like to think so.

Thanks for this great post, Lilibet! This very much sums up my feelings and thoughts regarding Jenny's case. Having read the translations of the Chinese MSM articles JerseyGirl posted (thank you so much for your great work, JerseyGirl!) also, I think the possibility of Jenny having returned to China is pretty much nil. I suppose there is a very remote possibility that Jenny's family is "hiding" her for whatever reason: e.g., Jenny is suffering from severe mental illness and due to the shame and stigma around mental illness, prevalent in Asian cultures in particular; Jenny and/or her family do not want to have anything to JR and therefore have fabricated this elaborate story of her going missing while in Mexico (in which case they would have had to get the Chinee Embassy to cooperate in the sham, too ... not likely), but really, at this point, that is very much unlikely. I feel that the most likely scenario is that Jenny was met with foul play somewhere en route to Cancun. Had she disappeared earlier in the trip, when she wasn't due to see JR in the upcoming days, there would be much less suspicion cast upon him, IMO. Based on the way he comes across on the FB page, his problems with the IRS and the recent arrest, I certainly am not a fan of JR, but I am finally starting to believe that he, as well as Jenny, is a truly unfortunate victim here. This case is turning out to be a real mystery.

Have been wondering the following for a while:

What is so different about the "Corona is involved" theory that is leading JR (and/or his "team") to put all their eggs in this basket? What is it that makes JR and/or his "team" so confident that this is THE lead they should be pursuing? I am only asking because nothing I have read so far (not only on the thread, but also what JR has stated on FB) has convinced me that this theory, or any of its supposed corroborative evidence is any more credible or compelling than any other, certainly no more than what was reported in the statement released by the Chinese Embassey in Mexico. Why has JR not said a word about it, or not mentioned Jenny's family in China at all (I have to believe that they did travel to Mexico and at least met with Embassey personnel, due to the photos of her parents and brother that accompanied the article; the statement went on to say they also visited Mexican LE officials in various states, but there were no photos from those visits)? It may be that JR and Jenny's family never got along for whatever reason, but given the situation, wouldn't it make sense to try to reconcile at least for the purpose of locating Jenny? For one, for financial reasons? Donations are dwindling (and if the "massage parlor incident" had anything to do with people's willingness to support his cause, I'm sorry, I don't have any sympathy for JR, not for that, I just can't...), and he really needs any help he can get, IMO.

I meant to discuss this with you yesterday...time flies. :) The Corona lead is probably all they've got, so they are hanging onto it like bulldogs. The Chinese Embassy report didn't mention specific witnesses to Jenny hitchhiking or what they said, whereas there are specific things Corona witnesses said. Plus, they are said to have been vetted by LE and the prosecutor. Once JR knew what LE had told Jenny's family I assume he asked LE for corroborating evidence through his PI. His angry rebuttal to the claim she had been seen hitchhiking tells me that they couldn't or wouldn't produce the evidence. So he has nothing left but Corona. The trail apparently went cold when she was allegedly seen getting on the truck. Unless the witnesses are guilty and trying to deflect onto the drivers, I don't see any reason to dismiss what they said.

As for why there is such a disconnect between JR and Jenny's family that he doesn't even mention them...that's another JR mystery to add to the rest. Even with cultural and language differences it seems so "off" to act as if they don't exist. I agree that it would make PR/donation sense to include them in his posts to present a united front, even if they are estranged. "We've set aside our differences (or come together across an ocean) to find Jenny"..."Please help Jenny's Mom find her beloved daughter" (show sad photo)...etc. It sounds calculated, but that's pretty much what effective PR does to reach a goal...tug at their audience's heartstrings. Especially after the #%&@ massage parlor arrest, JR lost a lot of sympathy, so he needs to find a way to reach people. Jenny herself isn't even a particularly sympathetic character IMO, so his best hope is getting her parents involved with his effort, assuming they would want to be associated with him at this point. Who knows what they are doing at their end? I can't imagine that they are not following JR's FB posts and keeping in touch with Mexican LE on their own (through the embassy). But it may be that they are quite embarrassed by Jenny's anti-China posts, and because of them may not have received further support. Who knows?

in response to post # 765:

Thanks for the links. Those articles are much the same, and they state:

"After much investigation, Mexican police provided encouraging information to prove that Chen is still in late May in the south of Mexico and more hitchhiking trip."

Jenny had not contacted her mother between April 11th and early June, more than a month and a half after her reported disappearance, when she had previously been in regular contact with her. Jenny was out of money on April 11th and there has been no accessing of her US bank account since then. There has been no activity on Jenny's Weibo and Facebook accounts since her reported disappearance, when previously she had been active on both. Her phone has not been turned on since she disappeared (GPS tracking on that phone is reportedly enabled) and she has not contacted her husband at all by any means, though she told people she was leaving Oaxaca to meet him in Cancun. She was to start attending school and has missed that. But, we are to believe that she is still out there traveling...

JR says the polygraphs by the police will be happening within the next week. He is demanding (his word) a third party observer for transparency.

I can't say I blame him, but I wonder about the effect an extra person will have on the driver's stress level, which could affect the results. Perhaps the third party will watch through a one-way window. I also wonder if the drivers are in custody (allowed under Mexican law) and if these polygraphs have been "ordered" or are voluntary. What if the drivers appear to be telling the truth? Will he accept the results? If they appear to be lying, then what? In any case, Jenny needs to be found.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/660778027430578/

JR says the polygraphs by the police will be happening within the next week. He is demanding (his word) a third party observer for transparency.

I can't say I blame him, but I wonder about the effect an extra person will have on the driver's stress level, which could affect the results. Perhaps the third party will watch through a one-way window. I also wonder if the drivers are in custody (allowed under Mexican law) and if these polygraphs have been "ordered" or are voluntary. What if the drivers appear to be telling the truth? Will he accept the results? If they appear to be lying, then what? In any case, Jenny needs to be found.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/660778027430578/

If JR says it’s going to happen, it’s not going to happen. Has anything that he ever said would happen, actually happen?

If JR says it’s going to happen, it’s not going to happen. Has anything that he ever said would happen, actually happen?

That crossed my mind. We've heard this so often. I expect that he also hears this type of stuff from LE, and then it doesn't happen. I won't be holding my breath or marking my calendar, but I hope this time they follow through, even though I don't really expect it to help find Jenny.

Did he go to Mexico again or not???

Did he go to Mexico again or not???

He has not. But in all fairness he is probably waiting until he has enough money for some Mexican “back rubs” when he is there. Because you know he is going to be under a lot of stress. :rolleyes:

Praying for JR and Jenny.
Against logic, still hoping for a miracle.

There will literally be no way to prove it happened or not. It's in Mexico.

Well, it could be proven if there was a news story, saying that a Corona truck driver has just been arrested for the kidnapping of Jenny Chen after he confessed during a lie-detector test. But that is not going to happen, because there is not going to be any lie-detector tests given. Because it’s just a bunch of BS made up by JR, like everything else he has said so far.

Well, it could be proven if there was a news story, saying that a Corona truck driver has just been arrested for the kidnapping of Jenny Chen after he confessed during a lie-detector test. But that is not going to happen, because there is not going to be any lie-detector tests given. Because it’s just a bunch of BS made up by JR, like everything else he has said so far.
I think we're all probably saying the same thing. Just in different favors.

I sadly believe there will be a time that no more can be done to bring Jenny home whether to China or the U.S.
I do hope to use Jenny's story of travel for good. An attempt to warn other young women her age about traveling alone. My son's fiancee took a bus from GA to NY and back alone at 21 and I worried for her, she is very independent and was traveling in the U.S. but I did share some of Jenny's story and bought her pepper spray.
Thankfully, she made it back safely.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for keeping us up to date on Jenny's case, and all your great posts. That's an interesting update, to hear JR say the police will administer polygraph testing for the two drivers. Can't wait to hear what results they get from the polygraph tests, and what it will mean for how the case progresses. They have been putting all their eggs in the one basket, so I hope for JR's sake they are on the right path to finding Jenny.

If the drivers did nothing wrong, and also pass the polygraph test, then what...do they have other leads to follow? If the polygraph tests show deception yet they do not confess, what will happen next? If the Mexican LE cannot be trusted, can the results be trusted?

Thanks to all for keeping us up to date on Jenny's case, and all your great posts. That's an interesting update, to hear JR say the police will administer polygraph testing for the two drivers. Can't wait to hear what results they get from the polygraph tests, and what it will mean for how the case progresses. They have been putting all their eggs in the one basket, so I hope for JR's sake they are on the right path to finding Jenny.

If the drivers did nothing wrong, and also pass the polygraph test, then what...do they have other leads to follow? If the polygraph tests show deception yet they do not confess, what will happen next? If the Mexican LE cannot be trusted, can the results be trusted?

Other questions that just occurred to me as I read yours...What if LE refuses to meet JR's demand to have a third party observe the polygraph, as I suspect they will? Will the test go ahead as scheduled? Or will there be more negotiations and delays. If the test is monitored and the drivers pass the test, will JR accept this? I don't think he will. As you said, all his eggs are in this basket. Sadly, I don't believe there are other leads. I do hope he can get definitive information he can accept and work with. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18