Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Definitely he was the one with the murderous plan to take his children to another country and kill them. . His wife didn't support or encourage it. She thought they had plans to all go camping as a family. From all we hear and see, they were both caring parents. Friends are shocked he did this. Sure, he was believing some odd conspiracy theories, but no one has come forward to say he hinted about his wife's supposed serpent DNA, or that his children needed to be destroyed. No blame or fault should be placed on his wife. I do worry she will be going over in her mind every single interaction she had with her husband. She may realize he said something strange a few times. She may think she should've realized he was going down further into that QAnon rabbit hole, and now she wonders if she could've stopped it. It's a horrible thing to have to process and there's no forgetting those children. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Agreed. He was the one who did it. There's no way you drive to another country, check into a hotel, and not have some semblance of what you're planning to do. I don't know how he overrode all his love for his children, and their trust of him to their last breath.

It's going to be a hard case for the defense. He got caught up in something, it drove him to do a horrible and evil thing. What he confessed to is he knew it was wrong and didn't stop himself from doing it anyways. Forget the he had to "save the world" by killing those babies... that isn't going to go over well.

Even if his confession isn't used in an insanity defense, JMO, I don't think his past history or his actions support insanity. I tend to agree with others that he was caught up in a delusion and may have even given it a religious slant, and his need to be the hero. What's inexplicable is how he still knew it was wrong and went ahead anyways. He certainly was religious enough to know evil sneaks in with our wrong thoughts. Seems his thoughts became divided and he didn't show sides of himself. It doesn't seem like this was a spur of the moment idea. He may have been hiding his plan. Not many people around him if any saw this tragedy coming. People believe a lot of outlandish things without being insane, but you can't go around killing human beings, knowing it's wrong. Sorrow came from going ahead with it. Very sad case.

All my own thoughts and MOO. I just want to understand, but probably never will.

The mother did not murder her children. He did. It's not her fault, no matter how much she liked or disliked partying or whatever, no matter if she worked outside the home or if she stayed home and took care of the kids. She didn't do this. He took his own children to México and murdered them in a horrible way.

I agree completely. That is NOT in the least what I was suggesting (not only because it would hugely violate TOS but because I don't think her actions have any bearing whatsoever on his decision to commit filicide). I only pointed out certain elements of AC's social media "persona" mentioned in the Rolling Stone article because I suspect they will be somehow weaponized by MC's defense team to save their clientwho obviously bears 100% responsibility for these unforgivable crimes against his own children.

I wouldn't be too surprised if she didn't realize he was saying or doing "strange" things, and now, looking back, she might be able to point out a few instances were he said or did things that could be considered strange.

Or not, sometimes people are very capable of keeping things to themselves. I feel awful for her, she lost her husband - because the person he is now is not her husband, not the person she loved - and lost both of her babies to a horrible death. I hope she's getting support.

This coming Friday, November 5, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.

Man accused of killing two young children set to stand trial (10news.com)
(KGTV) -- The Santa Barbara man accused of killing his two young children made his first court appearance in San Diego Federal Court Wednesday, pleading not guilty. The judge set his motion hearing/trial setting to begin on November 5 at 10:30 a.m.

Matthew Coleman, who will be represented by the Federal Public Defender for the Central District of California, faces 2 counts of foreign 1st-degree murder of United States nationals, after killing his two young kids.

"In a joint motion filed last week by the United States Attorney and the Federal Public Defenders, both sides asked that the case be continued until next May so that they could continue to gather relevant evidence in the case.

One of the most daunting tasks is searching electronics owned by Coleman — and both sides agreed that they should immediately have access to the full scope of data on the devices.

"A computer, two phones, and an iPad are being searched pursuant to warrants," the motion says. "Instead of waiting until agents have completed the searches and providing only data seized as responsive to the warrants, a mirror image of the computer's entire drive and the full Cellebrite downloads for the phones and iPad will be provided to the defense by Nov. 5, 2021."

[...]

A federal law enforcement source confirms to PEOPLE that FBI agents are focusing on his web browsing history, text and email messages, and postings on message boards and groups that discuss QAnon conspiracy theories.

"Agents are seeing what he read," says the law enforcement source, "but we're more interested in what he wrote about his beliefs and whether they had any influence over his actions in August."

Police Investigate Internet History of Matthew Coleman, Accused of Killing Kids Over QAnon Theories

"In a joint motion filed last week by the United States Attorney and the Federal Public Defenders, both sides asked that the case be continued until next May so that they could continue to gather relevant evidence in the case.

One of the most daunting tasks is searching electronics owned by Coleman — and both sides agreed that they should immediately have access to the full scope of data on the devices.

"A computer, two phones, and an iPad are being searched pursuant to warrants," the motion says. "Instead of waiting until agents have completed the searches and providing only data seized as responsive to the warrants, a mirror image of the computer's entire drive and the full Cellebrite downloads for the phones and iPad will be provided to the defense by Nov. 5, 2021."

[...]

A federal law enforcement source confirms to PEOPLE that FBI agents are focusing on his web browsing history, text and email messages, and postings on message boards and groups that discuss QAnon conspiracy theories.

"Agents are seeing what he read," says the law enforcement source, "but we're more interested in what he wrote about his beliefs and whether they had any influence over his actions in August."

Police Investigate Internet History of Matthew Coleman, Accused of Killing Kids Over QAnon Theories
BBM. I'm glad they're looking into what influenced MC to think he had to kill his kids, but whatever did or didn't influence him, his actions were his own, IMO. Influence only goes so far; at some point, his own will had to engage and take control of his hands.

I dislike QAnon for many reasons, but QAnon lives only in the world of ideas. If we allow MC to blame QAnon for the murders of his children, we have given life to QAnon, given QAnon agency to act in the real world. But QAnon is bits of data, not flesh and blood. Like demons, and ghosts, and fairies: powerless. Without conscience. Even, imaginary. At least, un-real. Having given the unreal agency, we might now assign it responsibility, and blame, and consequences, but they would be empty, because there is no soul to carry them. Only numbers, zeros and ones, everchanging, incoherent and vast. No hands. MOO

I hope he - and we - won't blame QAnon. I'd have to break out my MKULTRA files.

Apologies for going all dystopian again.
SMH \rant off

I agree that both sides need to know what he was posting -- whether or not he was embracing, promoting, and/or encouraging killing one's children to save the world. In other words, did he plan to do this... :eek:

According to this article there IS a hearing on Friday, 11/5

6-Month Delay Sought in Criminal Case Against Santa Barbara Man Accused of Killing 2 Kids in Mexico

Nov. 1, 2021
Attorneys requested a delay of six months in the federal criminal case against the Santa Barbara man accused of driving his two young children to Mexico and killing them during the summer.

Citing an enormous amount of evidence in the case against Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, attorneys for both the prosecution and the defense have asked for the postponement, in a motion filed last week in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.

A hearing on the proposed delay — until May 2022 — is scheduled for Friday in San Diego.

According to this article there IS a hearing on Friday, 11/5

6-Month Delay Sought in Criminal Case Against Santa Barbara Man Accused of Killing 2 Kids in Mexico

Nov. 1, 2021
Attorneys requested a delay of six months in the federal criminal case against the Santa Barbara man accused of driving his two young children to Mexico and killing them during the summer.

Citing an enormous amount of evidence in the case against Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, attorneys for both the prosecution and the defense have asked for the postponement, in a motion filed last week in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.

A hearing on the proposed delay — until May 2022 — is scheduled for Friday in San Diego.

Thanks, @Niner -- seems there's already a lot of information to keep them busy:

The motion, pertaining to the discovery phase of the case, notes that the prosecution already has turned over “about 42.5 gigabytes of data to the defense that includes reports by state and federal agencies, audio and video recordings (including body camera recordings and recordings of activity at primary and secondary inspection from the San Ysidro Port of Entry), transcripts, photographs, subpoenaed records, and legal pleadings.”

Police Investigate Internet History of Matthew Coleman | PEOPLE.com

Thanks. I bet there's a wealth of info within his postings. I'd like to compare and see when it started to change because he certainly was glorifying his children's destinies on his social media
Where will they find these QAnon message boards? Are they on the "dark web"? Where are people secretly discussing it? I know the hidden stuff used to happen on 8chan/8kun or whatever. Places I never go.
"Instead of waiting until agents have completed the searches and providing only data seized as responsive to the warrants, a mirror image of the computer's entire drive and the full Cellebrite downloads for the phones and iPad will be provided to the defense by Nov. 5, 2021."
What's revealed should tell how this could possibly happen. If there is any way to understand it, then looking at the progression of his postings may help. They'll have it all to determine how he came to the decision to kill those innocent babies. What was he really thinking? Something I'll never understand.

Last edited:
Friday, November 5th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10:30am PT) – Mexico/CA - Kaleo Skye (3) & Roxy Rain (10 mos.) Coleman (reported missing Aug. 8, 2021, Santa Barbara & found on Aug. 9, 2021 by a farmworker in Rosarito, Mexico) - *Matthew Taylor Coleman (40) arrested (8/9/21 @ Mexican/US border in San Ysidro Port of Entry checkpoint from Tijuana), charged (8/11/21), indicted (9/8/21) & arraigned (9/29/21) with 2 counts of “foreign murder of U.S. nationals”. Held without bond. Plead not guilty.
Case info from 8/11/21 reference post #365 here:
Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

9/8/21: Notice of Lodging filed by Plaintiff USA as to defendant Coleman of Order for Dismissal of magistrates complaint as to defendant Coleman. Coleman previously was charged with the same crimes in a federal complaint filed in Los Angeles. Prosecutors intend to dismiss that complaint. Coleman is expected to make his initial court appearance on the indictment Thursday in United States District Court in downtown Los Angeles. Coleman appeared in federal court in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday after he was charged with two counts of foreign first-degree murder of United States nationals. 'By law, the charges are eligible for death penalty,' the news release from the attorney's office read. The Attorney General will decide at a later date whether Coleman will receive the death penalty.
9/9/21 Update: New case #3:21-cr-02627-CAB & assigned to: Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo. #3 Notice of Attorney appearance Billy Joe McLain appearing for USA. (McLain, Billy); Attorney Billy Joe McLain added to party USA. Case was moved to new district: Southern District of California (San Diego). Coleman appeared in federal court in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday after he was charged with two counts of foreign first-degree murder of United States nationals. 'By law, the charges are eligible for death penalty.' Coleman's initial federal case was dismissed & he's essentially starting over in the judicial process. Following an indictment by the federal grand jury, his case initially filed in the Central District was dismissed/closed & new charges & case number filed in the Southern District where Coleman appeared on 9/9 to hear the new charges against him. He did not enter a plea at the hearing. Also, his trial will be heard in San Diego. Next hearing on 9/29/21.
9/29/21 Update: Coleman's not-guilty plea was officially entered Wednesday morning in a San Diego Federal courtroom. Coleman will be represented by the Federal Public Defender for the Central District of California and will be housed in the San Diego district. The government moved for Coleman to remain in detention, arguing that he was both a flight risk & a danger to others or himself. His defense said they were not seeking bail at this time. Coleman's next motions hearing will be scheduled for Nov. 5 @ 10:30am at the U.S. District Court Southern District of California in San Diego & will set trial date.
11/1/21 Update: In a joint motion filed last week by the United States Attorney & the Federal Public Defenders, both sides asked that the case be continued until next May so that they could continue to gather relevant evidence in the case. A computer, two phones & an iPad are being searched pursuant to warrants," the motion says. "Instead of waiting until agents have completed the searches & providing only data seized as responsive to the warrants, a mirror image of the computer's entire drive & the full Cellebrite downloads for the phones & iPad will be provided to the defense by Nov. 5, 2021." By that date, the United States also will provide additional discovery consisting generally of cell site data, Mexican law enforcement reports, photographs & recordings of or from the area of the murders, jail recordings & videos from the Port of Entry," the motion continues. A federal law enforcement source confirms that FBI agents are focusing on his web browsing history, text & email messages & postings on message boards & groups that discuss QAnon conspiracy theories. Hearing regarding request to delay for six months is scheduled on 11/5/21.

I literally just finished reading that article 5 minutes ago.

What is wrong with people? I am sure some people are mentally ill, but it seems like the majority are just gullible and want to feel like they are a part of something. It’s hard for me to feel bad for people when they are obnoxious and smug though.

Deranged father who killed his two kids writes letter begging for forgiveness from jail cell | Daily Mail Online

A California surf school owner - who became a QAnon conspiracy theorist and allegedly murdered his two children with a spearfishing gun because he was convinced they had 'serpent DNA' - has written a letter to friends begging for forgiveness from jail before his trial.

‘He's really despondent and hopeless,' a close family friend who received the missive told PEOPLE. 'He's alone with his thoughts 24/7. He's reflecting on the mistakes he made in life and wondering if there's any chance for redemption.'

'He poured out his heart,' the source added. 'He begged for forgiveness, but says that he's now where he deserves to be.'

FBI agents are particularly interested in digging into Coleman's online engagement on groups and message boards that talk about QAnon conspiracy theories.

'Agents are seeing what he read,' a law enforcement source close to People said, 'but we're more interested in what he wrote about his beliefs and whether they had any influence over his actions in August.'

A longtime friend of Coleman's previously mentioned that he would spend several hours a day looking up and reading conspiracy theories across the internet. Coleman's wife had no clue her husband was a QAnon follower at the time.

'It was obvious that he was spending a lot of brain power on it,' the anonymous source, a childhood friend of Coleman's, told PEOPLE last month. 'He was constantly checking those sites on his phone. He spent hours each day just glued to his phone looking at that stuff.' “

Why is he asking his friends for forgiveness? They have nothing to do with it. When is he asking his WIFE, the mother of the children he murdered, for forgiveness? Why is he not seeking forgiveness from his parents, the ones who lost their grandchildren? He's such a phony.

Why is he asking his friends for forgiveness? They have nothing to do with it. When is he asking his WIFE, the mother of the children he murdered, for forgiveness? Why is he not seeking forgiveness from his parents, the ones who lost their grandchildren? He's such a phony.
I think the DM headline is misleading. He wrote a letter to one friend and that person shared the letter with People. He asked for forgiveness in that specific letter. He may have already asked the same from his wife and immediate family -- I would sure hope so!

Matthew Coleman 'Poured Out His Heart' in Jailhouse Letter to Friend After Children's Killings

12/27/21

Months after he was arrested for allegedly killing his two children with a spearfishing gun in Mexico, Matthew Taylor Coleman has sent a handwritten letter from prison to at least one friend, asking for forgiveness.

"He's really despondent and hopeless," the longtime family friend tells PEOPLE. "He's alone with his thoughts 24/7. He's reflecting on the mistakes he made in life and wondering if there's any chance for redemption."

"He poured out his heart," the friend says. "He begged for forgiveness, but says that he's now where he deserves to be."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back