Mexico Mexico - Maritza Trinidad Perez, 47, Marina Perez, 48, Dora Alicia Cervantes, 53, Americans missing after x-border trip from Peñitas, TX - 24 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
In the title, I truncated these ladies' last names to only the patronymic for space reasons. As many members undoubtedly know, an individual's Spanish surnames are patronymic + matronymic.
The FBI said Friday it is aware that two sisters from Peñitas, a small border city in Texas near McAllen, and their friend have gone missing. Peñitas Police Chief Roel Bermea said their families have been in touch with Mexican authorities, who are investigating their disappearance.

Beyond that, officials in the U.S. and Mexico haven’t said much about their pursuit of Maritza Trinidad Perez Rios, 47; Marina Perez Rios, 48; and their friend, Dora Alicia Cervantes Saenz, 53.

The episode stands in stark contrast to the government and media frenzy over the abduction of four Americans on a road trip to Mexico for plastic surgery. They were caught in a drug cartel shootout in the border city of Matamoros, and video showed them being hauled off in a pickup truck. The two survivors were found Tuesday in a wooden shack near the Gulf coast.

U.S. CBP says the three women crossed into Mexico on Feb. 24, a Friday, according to Bermea. Peñitas is just a few hundred feet from the Rio Grande River.

''U.S. Customs and Border Protection says the three women crossed into Mexico on Feb. 24, a Friday, according to Bermea. Peñitas is just a few hundred feet from the Rio Grande River.

The husband of one of the women spoke to her by phone while she was traveling in Mexico, the police chief said, but grew concerned when he couldn't reach her afterward.

“Since he couldn’t make contact over that weekend, he came in that Monday and reported it to us,” Bermea said. The three women haven’t been heard from since.

Bermea said the women were traveling in a green mid-1990s Chevy Silverado to a flea market in the city of Montemorelos, in Nuevo Leon state. It's about a three-hour drive from the border. Officials at the state prosecutor’s office said they have been investigating the women’s disappearance since Monday.''
1678506558941.png
''

Sad to see so many people missing. Hoping they have some leads, or possible witnesses. A three hour drive from the border, that is a good amount of area to cover.

"Authorities also lack manpower, equipment and training — things are so bad that authorities aren’t even able to identify tens of thousands of bodies that have been found.".

Snipped...
...Bermea said the women were traveling in a green mid-1990s Chevy Silverado to a flea market in the city of Montemorelos, in Nuevo Leon state. It’s about a three-hour drive from the border.

People mag:

According to Peñitas Police Chief Roel Bermea, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said sisters Maritza Trinidad Perez Rios, 47, Marina Perez Rios, 48, and their friend, Dora Alicia Cervantes Saenz, 53, traveled to Mexico on Feb. 24 and have not been heard from since, per NBC News.

The sisters are from Peñitas, which is a small border city in Texas near McAllen and a few hundred feet away from the Rio Grande, NBC News reported.

According to the Associated Press, the women were heading to a flea market in Montemorelos in the northern Mexican state of Nuevo León, which is a three-hour drive from the Texas-Mexico border.

KRGV reported that the women were traveling in a green 1995 Chevy Silverado with the license plate PVR4472.

“Both of them were very happy. They were very extroverted. They were out there,” said Maria Ramirez, the daughter of Maritza Perez Rios, one of the missing women in Mexico.

Last month, Maritza Perez Rios and her sister Marina Perez Rios, crossed the Azadulas International Bridge in Mission to travel to Mexico.

“With the economy and everything, my aunt had a carwash and stuff like that, landscaping business, and it wasn’t doing too well. So that’s when they decided to start going out there,” Ramirez said.

They began their hour-and-a-half-long journey to Doctor Coss, Nuevo Leon, nearly 80 miles southwest of Mission. That’s where they stayed with their friend, Dora Alicia Saenz.

They had been going every weekend. And it was, I guess, their new normal. They’d been doing it for, for a month, I think, at least a month,” Ramirez said.

A day after their arrival in Mexico, they were supposed to travel to a market in Montemorelos to sell clothing. Maria Ramirez made several attempts to contact her mom, but got no response.

“She tells me here, I’ve been calling my mom and your mom, and no one’s answering. And I was like, well, that’s weird, you know? Because they always answer or maybe their phone’s turned off,” Ramirez said.

Going missing in northern Mexico is never good news. Doctor Coss is on a paved, two-lane road, but definitely not a major highway.
Google street view outside the Doctor Coss police station:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-16 11.51.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-16 11.51.42 AM.png
    593 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
1679013322755.png
''PEÑITAS, Texas (AP) — The daughter of one of two sisters from Texas who went missing in Mexico along with their friend three weeks ago while traveling to a flea market says she hasn’t lost hope that they’ll be located.

“We are waiting for them to come back home,” Maria Guadalupe Ramirez, 27, told KRGV-TV in Weslaco.

The FBI said in a statement Thursday that it was unable to comment on the investigation but said the agency “relentlessly pursues all options when it comes to protecting the American people, and this doesn’t change when they are endangered across the border.”

“Both of them were very happy. They were very extroverted. They were out there,” said Maria Ramirez, the daughter of Maritza Perez Rios, one of the missing women in Mexico.

Last month, Maritza Perez Rios and her sister Marina Perez Rios, crossed the Azadulas International Bridge in Mission to travel to Mexico.

“With the economy and everything, my aunt had a carwash and stuff like that, landscaping business, and it wasn’t doing too well. So that’s when they decided to start going out there,” Ramirez said.

They began their hour-and-a-half-long journey to Doctor Coss, Nuevo Leon, nearly 80 miles southwest of Mission. That’s where they stayed with their friend, Dora Alicia Saenz.

They had been going every weekend. And it was, I guess, their new normal. They’d been doing it for, for a month, I think, at least a month,” Ramirez said.

A day after their arrival in Mexico, they were supposed to travel to a market in Montemorelos to sell clothing. Maria Ramirez made several attempts to contact her mom, but got no response.

“She tells me here, I’ve been calling my mom and your mom, and no one’s answering. And I was like, well, that’s weird, you know? Because they always answer or maybe their phone’s turned off,” Ramirez said.
so this means that they arrived at the friend's but none of them made it to the flea market? they would have been seen at the flea market if they made it there? or the friend was already missing or in trouble when they went to her place?

so this means that they arrived at the friend's but none of them made it to the flea market? they would have been seen at the flea market if they made it there? or the friend was already missing or in trouble when they went to her place?
read more articles and some say all three crossed over the border...

1679021556068.png
The FBI said in a statement Thursday that it was unable to comment on the investigation but said the agency “relentlessly pursues all options when it comes to protecting the American people, and this doesn’t change when they are endangered across the border.”

They had fun going out there, meeting new people,” Ramirez told KRGV

Bumping, latest news is no news (source references another thread, the 3 sailors lost off Mazatlan and Cabo):
The disappearance of three American women after they crossed the border into Mexico last month still remains a mystery.

Sisters Maritza Trinidad Perez Rios, Marina Perez Rios and their friend Dora Alicia Cervantes Saenz traveled from Penitas, Texas, to the city of Montemorelos. It’s about a three-hour drive from the border.

The two sisters from Texas and a friend crossed the border to sell clothes at a flea market but never returned.

The FBI said it is aware that the three have gone missing, and their families have been in touch with Mexican authorities. Their fate, however, has garnered relatively little publicity.

Truly, this breaks my heart. I'm sad to say it but there can be no good outcome when people are "disappeared" in Mexico.

The Mexican registry of missing persons show 100,000 people were reported as missing between 2020 and 2022, many/most are victims of organized crime violence.

There are reports on line of various cartels vying for control in Montemorelos, where the women were headed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back