NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's interesting that the connection is both "tenuously" linked to the Dedmons, how is the connection also "obvious" as the attorney stated in the press conference? I don't have an opinion yet, I'm just struggling to think of tenuous but obvious connections. A second cousin? Owned a junkyard, bought the green car from someone whose DNA was found on the bookbag? MOO
Brainstorming with you: Maybe a former employee who lived on the property? A former student of their private school?

maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's interesting that the connection is both "tenuously" linked to the Dedmons, how is the connection also "obvious" as the attorney stated in the press conference? I don't have an opinion yet, I'm just struggling to think of tenuous but obvious connections. A second cousin? Owned a junkyard, bought the green car from someone whose DNA was found on the bookbag? MOO
I was thinking the same. Maybe a relative. Maybe the car is mentioned in the search warrant and affavit, and linked to both the deceased and Roy, making the connection obvious. Maybe it is stated in the warrant the deceased is a former coworker, employee, neighbor of Roy Dedmon and gave or sold the car to Roy. The link, it is obvious fact, but tenuous by virtue of a very loose, casual relationship.

MOO - it's kinda crazy to me that there are only 500 views on the press conference 2 hours after. I was always under the impression this was a bigger case. I haven't even seen any youtubers cover this new information. This was one of the cases that I pessimistically did not think would be solved and I've been thinking about it nonstop - why is there not more coverage or interest!
I am feeling the same! I am also surprised this Websleuths isn't blowing up.

Be careful what you said on social media. been reading the news. and lawyer for the family whose property is not happy. he said the family had nothing to do with it and police talk to them and neither does Asha's family. He said it maybe some not alive who may have ties to the property or people in some way. FBI and Police are not happy either. Police did say in a few article the search is about Asha. Be careful what you say. Let them do their jobs. Do not want authorities to get after the group. just trying to help.

Brainstorming with you: Maybe a former employee who lived on the property? A former student of their private school?
I wonder if the New Kids on the Block shirt belonged to a child or someone linked to him and that’s how this family has become the focus. Could’ve been the shirt of one of his kids, a relative, etc.

Either way, someone left behind a clue that led to them

There's a lot to sort through here. I feel like they (finally!) have something and that there may have been more found in/on the car than just a resemblance to the one described by witnesses. (Blood? Hair? Fibers? Something of Asha's?) I also don't think that it was as simple as RLD bought the car from somebody who used it in a crime/covered up an accident with no knowledge of that, because if that were the case, searching the property with dogs and LIDAR would seem unnecessary.
With the question about the nursing home search...deathbed confession, maybe? Something they found led them to the Cherryville Rd property? Lots of questions.
When I lived in the area, Asha's story made the news every year around the time of her disappearance, still liking for answers. I hope more than anything that they don't have to do it next year because this has finally been solved.

Very curious as to who the lawyer might be referring to...
He has a few close relatives who have passed since Asha's disappearance (local obituaries). I wonder if this will end up being another genetic genealogy solve. In previous posts from locals, it seems like the family was well established in the area so it's possible he inherited the property. Off to look at Cleveland County property records! MOO

Very curious as to who the lawyer might be referring to...
I’m assuming the lawyer is alluding to the fact that Asha’s case will not have the ending many of us hoped it would have along with her family, her coming home safe and sound. “Sadly” makes me think that they have found something to indicate the individual likely caused her harm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back