Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Lynn has already spent more than 1,000 days in custody."

Feel so sorry for Carol’s family and loved ones being re traumatised once again and having to see Lynn. As for Dermott Dann, he absolutely sickens me as well.

Feel so sorry for Carol’s family and loved ones being re traumatised once again and having to see Lynn.

Yes. Carol's daughter refused to say his name, when she read her victim impact statement. I can fully understand that. To them I am sure he is "monster".

Reading a victim impact statement, Clay’s daughter, Emma Davies, who refused to use Lynn’s name, told the court what had occurred to her mother was like a “horror movie”.

"Lynn has already spent more than 1,000 days in custody."

"This cannot be a case which falls into the worst category, deserving of the maximum penalty," Mr Dann said.

Says he!

I wonder how Dann would feel about that were it his parent(s)?

"This cannot be a case which falls into the worst category, deserving of the maximum penalty," Mr Dann said.

Says he!

I wonder how Dann would feel about that were it his parent(s)?

Yes. I get what you are saying, but if it wasn't Dann saying those things it would be some other lawyer. Because Lynn is entitled to a defence.

What would be better is if Lynn just accepted the penalties for his heinous crimes without trying to skirt a well-warranted life sentence. Then he would be showing true remorse.

imo

I don't think this part is correct ..... "The experienced barrister described the jury's process in finding him guilty as a 'forbidden pathway' that had gone against Justice Croucher's own directions to them toward the end of the trial.

Mr Dann said the jury had been directed that Lynn's only motive for killing Ms Clay would have been to cover up the murder of Mr Hill, which they found him not guilty of committing.
'The prosecution says the jury went down that forbidden pathway to reach that verdict,' he said."

Because Justice Croucher told the jury they must decide the two matters separately in their decision.

Croucher told the jury the law did not require the prosecution to prove motive but had to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, four elements of murder for a guilty verdict.

He said his direction did not mean the jury must find Lynn guilty of both charges or not guilty of both charges.

“You must consider each charge separately,” he said. Link

Thanks, Tootsie. You are finding the articles that show that Dann's "forbidden path" won't fly. imo

It didn't have to be a murder verdict in Russell's death for it to be a murder verdict in Carol's death.

He said it was consistent with the jury's verdict that there was an 'interaction of some description' between Lynn and Mr Hill, leading to his death.
'He was motivated by a desire to eliminate her as a witness,' Mr Porceddu said.

(from your link)

You know that saying Kemug for every rat you see there are probably 50 others.
No, I didn't know that one! Do you know this one "For every grey hair you pull out, ten will grow in its place"?! And GL is certainly a rat, IMO.

Their second child came the following year, but the relationship collapsed soon after and Lynn was booted out of the family home [by Lisa].

Daily Mail Australia is unable to report the full extent of what happened next because of a legal gag order issued by a magistrate in a lower court before the trial. [bbm]

Hmmm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back