Mexico- Mexican city erupts in violence, Airports shutdown, residents ordered to stay indoors after drug cartel leader's arrest, 5/1/23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A Gulf Cartel leader who was on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list was arrested in Mexico City:
‘José Rodolfo Villareal-Hernandez, a Mexican cartel leader known as "El Gato" who is wanted in the U.S. for his alleged role in orchestrating a 2013 murder in Southlake, Texas, has been arrested in Mexico, authorities said.

Villareal-Hernandez was detained in Mexico City’

• The DEA is offering $10 million rewards for the arrest and/or conviction of two of El Chapo's four sons
  • Iván Archivaldo Guzmán Salazar and Jesús Alfredo Guzmán Salazar face multiple drug trafficking charges and are listed in the agency's 10 most-wanted list
  • The siblings along with their half-brothers, Ovidio Guzmán López and Joaquín Guzmán López, are known as Los Chapitos and run half of the Sinaloa Cartel
6F69ACC3-0C49-4F0B-B8E3-85A4F37F6CC9.jpeg39FF91DC-F108-4D12-82FA-950AFC0D8DEE.jpeg

One son arrested and Culiacan erupted into a battle field. If either of these two sons are arrested the city will explode again.

During the last outbreak of violence I checked the social media of people I’m still connected to in that city and…crickets. They were posting about parties and daily life as though nothing was happening and I know they live right in the heart of the city where most violence erupts. 29 killed at that time.

If you’re travelling to Mexico, especially Mazatlan or Culiacan, follow the news closely before you go, imo.

u cut one head off another grows. taking down guzman just empowers new gen jalisco. on we go.
Yes! A San Diego California-licensed electrician insinuated he was the electrician for the Mexican tunnels, including the KFC tunnel. He had described it and emphasized where it came up on the U.S. side... before it was discovered. So I tend to believe him. Also, if he told me, he probably told others. I made a comment regarding the harm the tunnels cause. He didn't like that. But I could see how proud he was of his "work" when he asked what I thought of the engineering and I responded honestly. I wouldn't think the cartel would take too kindly to his loose lips. He described other major crimes, named people involved in them, detectives and FBI agents, some of whom were targets and others involved. How can anyone know who to trust in "authority" and as you said, cut one head off and another grows?
u cut one head off another grows. taking down guzman just empowers new gen jalisco. on we go.

Slightly OT, but I do want to mention the (fiction) film Sicario. I think it’s very well done.

@Tom_Winter

BREAKING | NBC News: Ovidio Guzman Lopez, one of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's sons has been extradited to the U.S. and is in federal custody in Chicago on charges announced by the Justice Department earlier this year, according to a senior U.S. official

Last edited:

Guzman Lopez was subsequently extradited to the United States on Sept. 15. He was arraigned on the charges earlier today before U.S. District Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and pleaded not guilty. He waived his right to a detention hearing and was ordered to remain detained without bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back