GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lisa Bloom says if he is found guilty he would serve his sentence in the US under the prisoner exchange program. No DP, usually serve 3/5 of the sentence, and sentences are much lighter. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I think he planned for it all to be in Mexico for these reasons.
I heard that too on Nancy Grace's show last night and think the law is totally wrong. That being said though, I don't believe at this time that he lured her to Mexico to kill her. If it were totally premeditated, there wouldn't have been a fight overheard by witnesses, scratches left on himself and him ending up the prime suspect with her body found so close to the resort. MOO

I heard that too on Nancy Grace's show last night and think the law is totally wrong. That being said though, I don't believe at this time that he lured her to Mexico to kill her. If it were totally premeditated, there wouldn't have been a fight overheard by witnesses, scratches left on himself and him ending up the prime suspect with her body found so close to the resort. MOO

That's because you don't assume the worst of people like I do! :angel:

I agree the fights throw my theory off. But IMO the scratches don't, because they are just signs of her defending herself. Either way I think this guy is going to get off or get off easy, thanks to Mexico.

His name is very British, I wonder if he has multiple passports??

I agree the fights throw my theory off. But IMO the scratches don't, because they are just signs of her defending herself. Either way I think this guy is going to get off or get off easy, thanks to Mexico.

Oh, I have become very enlightened about people since I've been here at WS! But in this case, it just seems to me if he'd lured her to Mexico to kill her, he could've planned it a lot better ~ without her being able to fight back at him and leave any trace they'd been in a fight. I also got the impression, from NG's show, that money she took out of a bank account could've been what led to that fight. If he is the one responsible for her death it could be manslaughter not premeditated murder. MOO

I think he's going to get off easy too. Possibly a reduced charge or a very light sentence.

It's amazing how little information there is in the press on this case.

Producer Leaves Cancun as Additional Details Surface

Updated 3:05 PM PDT, Sun, Apr 11, 2010

Television producer Bruce Beresford-Redman left Cancun on Friday after being released from custody to meet with his attorney 200 miles west of Cancun. He will remain in Merida, Mexico, under the supervision of the U.S. Consulate's Office until the investigation into the death of his wife Monica is complete.

Bruce Beresford-Redman reported his wife Monica missing April 6, in the resort city of Cancun and was detained as a suspect Thursday, according to the Associated Press. On Friday, he was downgraded to a person of interest and released.

According to sources close to the investigation, Bruce Beresford-Redman was released from custody because there wasn't "sufficient evidence to hold him," but investigators believe he could soon be back in their custody after they finish chasing their leads.

A hotel employee said Monica Beresford-Redman came back to the hotel with two other young women on Sunday night. Later, that employee saw Bruce and Monica Beresford-Redman arguing just outside their hotel room. Monica then entered the room alone at 8:30 p.m.

A hotel guest in an adjoining room said there was a commotion coming from the Beresford-Redman room around 6 a.m. on Monday morning. The hotel staff was notified that the guest heard "a women screaming for help" from within the Beresford-Redman room and the "sounds of furniture being moved or thrown."

A security guard said that a hotel employee called the Beresford-Redman room to check on the complaint and said, "A man answered the phone and said that everything was fine."

On Thursday, Monica's body was found naked and extremely swollen, laying in a gutter in a secluded area of the resort, said a Mexican official.

At a news conference Friday, investigators said they believe Monica Beresford-Redman was strangled. They also said she was not killed at the same location where her body was discovered. Her body had scratches on the neck, signs of asphyxiation and a heavy blow to the right temple, said Francisco Alor, the attorney general for Quintana Roo state, where Cancun is located.

Authorities are waiting for autopsy results which will take anywhere from eight days to three weeks. Mexican officials also announced on Saturday that federal authorities are taking over the autopsy.

more at http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...n-as-Additional-Details-Surface-90570879.html

hmmm... he didn't want his sister-in-law (who knew about the cheating) to have temp. custody? And he does it before he is charged with anything but after he leaves to meet with his lawyer.

Sounds like a smooth move to me... and one of the last moves he will make except to walk from his cell to the shower and back again.

Just watching JVM's "Issues" and they're talking about some other women who have been killed, one who was last seen at the pool and found in a swamp nearby? :eek: I didn't catch when these occurred though.....

Nancy Grace is also going to talk about Monica's murder.

The biggest news so far on Nancy's show, imo, is the $5 million insurance policy she had with the kids as beneficiaries. Well, we know what that means if he had custody.....MOO

Does not sound good for husband...........scratches on him as well as her.
Seen fighting at resort.
Then he says she went shopping...............
found dead in sewer drain at the resort.

Very shaky marriage....went to rekindle the marriage...............

found in bra and panties
manhole cover taken off and someone put her in it..........
heavy............man did it aka hubby???
a pillow or a bag was used to smoother her!!!

found in bra and panties
manhole cover taken off and someone put her in it..........
heavy............man did it aka hubby???
a pillow or a bag was used to smoother her!!!
I found the manhole cover very interesting. Someone strong would've had to remove the cover and dumped her body in there; no chance it seems of her accidentally falling in.

On NG's show they also talked about her body would probably be released to him, he wants to cremate her, and her family wants her body returned to the US.

They also discussed wrist bands that guests wear with numbers on them, and coming & going from the resort property is recorded with security.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back