Mexico Mexico - Robert Cantrell, 62, American, retired psychologist, wanted to see a property in Cancun, 20 Jun 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*This article is from July. Translation issues? I hadn’t heard this part about a taxi driver assault:
1695679413514.jpeg
The Attorney General's Office (FGE) of Quintana Roo has issued a search file to locate Robert Wayne Cantrell II, a U.S. citizen who was last seen in Cancun.

According to the information available so far, he is a 63-year-old American, who was allegedly assaulted and beaten by a taxi driver from Cancun, from the "Andrés Quintana Roo" union.

Robert Wayne would have been treated on Los Tules Avenue, at 247 Supermanzana, very close to the El Torito facilities in Cancun. From there he was transferred to the "Jesús Kumate" General Hospital. But once he left, his family lost contact with him.

According to people's comments on social networks, the American was seen on sites such as the Fraccionamiento Cielo Nuevo and the Arco Norte, but there is no more data about it.

I just saw this and it sparked my memory. A relative had a stroke and immediately afterwards he memory was severe impacted. He also was unable to speak other than a couple words and they never made sense. Maybe someone with more medical experience can clarify. Strokes usually cause some form of paralysis on one side. That confused, frustrated look was familiar though.
I'm not a medical professional but I have had a stroke. That video of him in the car gave me a very hard gut punch. I could feel what he was going through.

Robert Wayne's family issued a search alert in recent days after the incident in which he was allegedly assaulted and beaten by a taxi driver in Cancun. The authorities do not know his current whereabouts after he received care at the "Jesús Kumate Rodríguez" General Hospital.

It is known that Robert Wayne's sister, from Florida, United States, contacted in Cancun to report on her brother, who was treated at Los Tules Avenue in Supermanzana 247, in front of the Torito.

Through social media, several people said that the U.S. citizen was transferred to the Cancun General Hospital.

However, the embassy or immigration were not notified of the presence of this foreign citizen, who entered the emergency room with beatings and disorientation.

Robert Wayne's family issued a search alert in recent days after the incident in which he was allegedly assaulted and beaten by a taxi driver in Cancun. The authorities do not know his current whereabouts after he received care at the "Jesús Kumate Rodríguez" General Hospital.

It is known that Robert Wayne's sister, from Florida, United States, contacted in Cancun to report on her brother, who was treated at Los Tules Avenue in Supermanzana 247, in front of the Torito.

Through social media, several people said that the U.S. citizen was transferred to the Cancun General Hospital.

However, the embassy or immigration were not notified of the presence of this foreign citizen, who entered the emergency room with beatings and disorientation.
That was all reported beginning July 6, when the thread opened.

Mexican reporters were just publishing rumours. The situation was very confused.

You can see the video of Robert when he was collected off the street, he never says anything about a taxi, 9 days had passed since he'd arrived in Cancun, there was no physical evidence of assault, no police inquiry about assault or theft. So where did the Mexican news media get that information about a taxi assault? Made it up, IMO.

Something happened, for sure, but no one knows what, and he went missing again that same day.

June 20 - confirmed by authorities to have passed through customs in Cancun airport.

June 29 - confirmed to have been picked up off the street by a Mexican reporter who videotaped the encounter.

July 6. Family goes to news media and news coverage begins.

JMO

I recently saw a FB post of a horror story that happened to a couple in Cancun at Oleo Cancun Playa All Inclusive Resort. If you look up the resort on FB I think you can find the story.

Hope Robert is okay. Mexico is a scary place to visit right now.
It certainly is! You would never catch me traveling there, simply too dangerous !! Way too many stories for my comfort level, you aren't even safe at a resort.

JMO

When you look at his picture on the poster, notice one eye (left in the pic) is larger than the other and on that same side his mouth slightly droops. That can be caused by stroke or other brain injury (maybe from assault). I had the same look on my own face and it lasted for months. Recovery differs from person to person. I was young. He is not.

Attachments

• Cantrell.jpeg
    Cantrell.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 40
When you look at his picture on the poster, notice one eye (left in the pic) is larger than the other and on that same side his mouth slightly droops. That can be caused by stroke or other brain injury (maybe from assault). I had the same look on my own face and it lasted for months. Recovery differs from person to person. I was young. He is not.
I wasn’t young either. I had a massive right brain hemorrhagic stroke several years ago. I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror for several weeks but just by looking at his eyes, I can tell mine must have looked the same. I kept falling into the wall on my left side with my head about to bust open from pain. I threw my doctor out of my room. I could barely get the words out but I was mad at my situation. My mouth wouldn’t work right. My mouth is still lopsided. Aphasia. I remembered people but my body kept getting ahead of my brain. No impulse control caused a lot of falls. I walk with a cane because I still lean to the left. I spent six months in rehab learning to feed myself, walk and talk again.

Last edited:
I wasn’t young either. I had a massive right brain hemorrhagic stroke several years ago. I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror for several weeks but just by looking at his eyes, I can tell mine must have looked the same. I kept falling into the wall on my left side with my head about to bust open from pain. I threw my doctor out of my room. I could barely get the words out but I was mad at my situation. My mouth wouldn’t work right. My mouth is still lopsided. Aphasia. I remembered people but my body kept getting ahead of my brain. No impulse control caused a lot of falls. I walk with a cane because I still lean to the left. I spent six months in rehab learning to feed myself, walk and talk again.
Hugs to you. That sounds like hard work.
Thank you for your insight.

Another stroke survivor here, so glad you are here to share what it is like so others may understand.

Didn't see his NamUs page in the thread, sorry if I missed it.

Date of Last Contact June 18, 2023
Missing From Los Angeles, California
Missing Age 62 Years
Current Age 62 Years

First Name Robert
Middle Name --
Last Name Cantrell
Nickname/Alias --
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Height 5'-9" - (69 - inches)
Weight 160 - lbs

Date of Last Contact June 18, 2023
NamUs Case Created June 29, 2023
Last Known Location (Map)
Location Los Angeles, California 90038
County Los Angeles County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land --

Circumstances of Disappearance
Missing was last seen in Los Angeles, California on June 18, 2023. He traveled to Austin, Texas and reportedly intended to travel to Cancún in the days following.

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Hazel
Right Eye Color Hazel
Tattoo Tattoo of flowers and whale on thigh. Rainbow star of David tattoo on calf

1707422056408.png 1707422065027.png 1707422069947.png

I wonder why the NAMUS page was removed. I just saw too that his daughter shut down the g f m page back in October.
IMO, it was removed because he didn't go missing in the US. The Namus report stated his last known location was LA.

However, after filing that report, Mexican officials verified he was seen getting off his flight at Cancun Airport June 20. Also, there was a non-official but video-confirmed sighting days later in the city of Cancun.

IMO, NamUs doesn't include Americans missing in other countries.

Unfortunately there's no similar database in Mexico.

Robert seems to have been well-known in the small Mexican town of Ajijic/Lake Chapala, where he owned a house. They have a local English-language newspaper which has run some articles about him. It doesn't have any updates about him being found.

Unfortunately, the articles are subscriber-only, but you can see the gist of the articles here:

JMO

I often think of Robert and wonder what happened to him. His daughter provided an update (though a very ‘non-update’ really) on that website we can’t link, as to why she has shut down the public search. I really feel for her. The emotion in her update is palpable.
She loves her dad very much, I can’t even imagine her pain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back