Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, this is not surprising. I always thought the chances of this case being prosecuted at all were a long shot. The crime occurred in MX, and - unfortunately - the reality is that the MX government is honestly not going to care too much about an American tourist being killed by other American tourists. Also, they've got a lot of their own, internal horrible crime(s) to deal with.

So, unless this gets taken up & prosecuted by the U.S., I honestly don't see this going anywhere. That being said, I hope I'm wrong.

Again, I have the strong opinion that this crime was premediated & that the perps. intentionally committed the murder in MX - in order to avoid prosecution in the U.S.

IMO it will all be channeled and finessed through the US Embassy working with Mexican authorities. It's their job.

See the experience of Kaitlin Armstrong recently. They got her deported from Costa Rica ASAP like in a couple of days she was on the plane; the US even had Marshals participate in tracking her down, in cooperation with the CR government. CR charged her with something or other and handed her over to US Marshals at the airport. These countries work together, and there's no compelling reason for Mexico and US not to coordinate on a crime like this one: it doesn't seem to be a case that's entangled in Mexican organized crime.

It's the embassy's job to protect American interests abroad and to help US citizens. That's what they do.

IMO it will be a no-brainer for both countries to coordinate on this one and charge all who were in that room. Neither country has anything to lose. And if they coordinate, they could both look rosy.

Right. But, the important & distinct difference here is that KA is suspected of committing a crime in the U.S. (TX), and she soon after fled to Costa Rica - presumably to avoid prosecution.

In this SR case, the crime occurred in another country (MX). And, subsequently, the perps. - all American citizens (presumably) - came back to the U.S. before the crime could be thoroughly investigated/prosecuted.

I don't think anyone said it was titanium. I said I don't see -- in this short footage -- where she had her spine severed or neck broken. I am not a doctor, but I'm assuming she wouldn't be able to sit up or hold her head up with those types of injuries. Maybe she can sit there like that and operate her limbs with a broken neck and severed back. IDK.

If others think she can sit up-right and hold her head steady with a broken spine and neck, I respect that, but I'm of a different opinion. I think there were further beatings.

There could even be beatings before this video.
There is a college hockey player that played weeks with broken neck before they realized . As for this, the video I saw, ended and she seemed to be sitting like a rag doll her head wasn’t up.

There is a college hockey player that played weeks with broken neck before they realized . As for this, the video I saw, ended and she seemed to be sitting like a rag doll her head wasn’t up.

Totally agree :( I think the perpetrators want us to think there were further beatings and more gone on because it muddies the waters whereas what happened is clearly depicted.

Checking in .... hoping for justice for Shanquella.

Even if the person(s) beating her say they just, 'wanted to teach her a lesson...' or something ridiculous they made up, it led to her death.
I'm convinced the injuries she suffered directly caused her death.
And what kind of person who's supposed to be a friend, violently pummels another person who it appears is not fighting back ?
The betrayal is sickening.
Imo.

Checking in .... hoping for justice for Shanquella.

Even if the person(s) beating her say they just, 'wanted to teach her a lesson...' or something ridiculous they made up, it led to her death.
I'm convinced the injuries she suffered directly caused her death.
And what kind of person who's supposed to be a friend, violently pummels another person who it appears is not fighting back ?
The betrayal is sickening.
Imo.
I think the general consensus is that everyone agrees the beating directly related to her death.

Can share a link with us? Thanks!
“This case is fully clarified, we even have a court order," [local Mexican prosecutor Daniel] de la Rosa Anaya said. “It wasn’t a quarrel, but instead a direct aggression. ... It’s about two Americans, the victim and the culprit.”

Hearing the news for the first time, Robinson’s mother, Sallamondra, told ABC that she couldn’t be more pleased.

“I feel so good,” she said. “That’s what we have been waiting for, for someone to finally be held accountable and arrested. I just can’t wait for justice to be served.”

Just ahead of Thanksgiving, in an interview with NBC News, Sallamondra Robinson said she is especially appreciative of the dozens of Black social media users who made sure the case got the attention it deserved.

“I never thought she wouldn’t get justice because we were going to try to go all the way,” she said. “But I appreciate everything that everybody’s done, however you’ve played a part in it.”

Sallamondra believes all the friends on the trip deserve to be arrested.

“I would like to see each one of them sent back to Mexico, because their plan was to come back here thinking that they wasn’t going to be prosecuted,” she told ABC News. “She was a caring person ... and I want them to always remember that. We’re going to keep her legacy alive.”

Unfortunately, this is not surprising. I always thought the chances of this case being prosecuted at all were a long shot. The crime occurred in MX, and - unfortunately - the reality is that the MX government is honestly not going to care too much about an American tourist being killed by other American tourists. Also, they've got a lot of their own, internal horrible crime(s) to deal with.

So, unless this gets taken up & prosecuted by the U.S., I honestly don't see this going anywhere. That being said, I hope I'm wrong.

Again, I have the strong opinion that this crime was premediated & that the perps. intentionally committed the murder in MX - in order to avoid prosecution in the U.S.
I'm overall kinda cynical but I'm kinda hopeful about this one, just because it happened in a high-profile area that relies heavily on tourist money, and the MX government probably don't want a bad reputation there when the location is being plastered all over social media.

I don't think this will be swept under the rug. It may take some time for Interpol and the U.S. authorities to work together and get the proper paperwork done to send these barbarians back to Mexico, but I think it will happen. There is truth to what her mother said about the groundswell from black social media to bring attention to this case and they aren't going to let it rest until this family receives justice. Unbelievably the day that Shanquella was murdered, four other Americans died in Mexico - three at one AirBnB and one at another AirBnB. Three, they are contributing to carbon monoxide poisoning - not sure if they've determined the cause of the 4th. I hope Mexico will want to clean up their tourist image and will use this as an opportunity to say, hey, we aren't going to let this type of thing just go and not do anything.

I hope the mom sues all six of them in civil court here in the US. Despicable human beings. I am sick. And nope, I’m not gonna watch the video(s). Just reading descriptions makes me sick to my stomach.

ITA.
And I did watch part of the beating, the video is brief.
I'm angry with the man filming it and to think -- he might have been able to stop it and save Shanquella's life.
That was one vicious beat down. :mad:
Him standing there recording and asking Shanquella to fight back whilst she was being brutally beaten, was enough for me to want him in jail for the rest of his life. What an absolute P O S.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back