MI - 13-year old girl stabs 7-year old sister to death - September 28, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
"The Taylor Police Department is handling the situation with sensitivity, given the involvement of minors," police said on Facebook. "At this time, no further details can be released regarding the identities of the juveniles involved.

"This is a tragic event for the family, and we are ensuring that the necessary resources are being made available to support everyone involved. We ask the public to respect the family's privacy as we carry out a thorough investigation."
7-year-old girl fatally stabbed by older sister, Taylor police say

why are reporters interviewing minor neighbors? I hate when they do that. This case is just horribly sad. a family has effectively lost two children. I haven't looked at the laws in MI as far as whether the 13 year old can or may be charged and tried as an adult but 13? 13 is plenty old enough to know better and the consequences of stabbing someone. I wonder if the teen sibling has had any previous issues with behavior.

Their parents left the girls at home at around 11:15 a.m. that day, the older sister was babysitting the younger. A detective said the argument "stemmed from a note that was placed in the bathroom" about "flushing the toilet,"

The victim was reportedly stabbed multiple times with a butcher's knife and hunting knife, and had "over 10 stab wounds to the abdomen, head, and neck. [paraphrased by me]
Babysitter, 13, Accused of Stabbing Sister, 7, to Death After Argument over 'Flushing the Toilet': Reports

Taylor police believe mental illness played a role in the deadly stabbing.
How ‘flush toilet’ note led to Taylor girl stabbing 7-year-old sister to death with 2 knives

So the sisters had an argument about flushing the toilet, something I'm sure millions of siblings have quarreled over, and the older sister equipped herself with 2 knives and waits in the bathroom for the younger sister to enter and attacks her. That's premeditated. I cannot imagine lying in wait to murder your younger sibling whom you are supposed to be babysitting. Where does that level of of rage come from? I wonder if the 13 year old had prior mental health issues and how she behaved at school. The parents must be devastated.

“It was just a very tragic day, a very tragic day for us,” neighbor Julie Pagoto said. “She used to walk up and down the street every day, riding her bike … stopping and talking to neighbors. She was the sweetest little girl.”
“She was one of the special girls. … She was all nice. She wanted to play with everyone,” said neighbor Aiden Smith of the victim. “I was upset and all that. I didn’t know the older sister would do that.”

13-year-old girl accused of stabbing her younger sister to death after an argument

Although this crime was an "adult level" crime, perhaps one factor in charging her as a juvenile is a medical or mental health history that hasn't been released. I imagine being 13 as opposed to even 14 or 15 is also a factor. And maybe they feel confident that she'll have the support (family and otherwise) that she'll need down the line. All JMO.

However the information that she used two different knives and stabbed her little sister numerous times is very disturbing. I am not sure about rehabilitation chances, given that. She is of an age to know right from wrong. But I guess people are rehabilitated sometimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen
Back