MI - 13-year old girl stabs 7-year old sister to death - September 28, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pic of Knife, Similar to One the 13yo Used.
to me that behavior is not the norm and may indicate a mental health issue as suggested in a previous article:

Taylor police believe mental illness played a role in the deadly stabbing.
How ‘flush toilet’ note led to Taylor girl stabbing 7-year-old sister to death with 2 knives
From article linked by @tlcya (TYVM) :
"Police said the 7-year-old had at least ten stabbing wounds."

Did anyone/everyone see the KNIFE PIC? Holy cow.
Sorry, I can't seem to C & P it here, so repeating the link.

How ‘flush toilet’ note led to Taylor girl stabbing 7-year-old sister to death with 2 knives

“There is absolutely no doubt that the facts in this case are horrific. It is beyond disturbing that the alleged person responsible for the stabbing death of her seven-year-old sister is thirteen years old. We considered adult designating her which is not the same thing as trying her as an adult. It gives the judge the option of sentencing the respondent as a juvenile, or as an adult, or giving a blended juvenile sentence with an option of imposing an adult sentence if the juvenile is not rehabilitated. Our other option was to keep her in the juvenile system. We opted to do just that. Given her young age, the State would have seven years to diagnose, treat, and rehabilitate her until her mandatory release at age 21. Hopefully then she would not be a danger to others. While this is a difficult decision given these facts, it is the right thing to do in this case.”

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy

According to this article, there was no mental health or other history, but age is the factor in charging her as a juvenile. Allegedly, she not only used two knives but started with one and then went to get the 2nd knife to continue stabbing her sister. She told LE what she did without emotion, as if everything was normal.

Wow---she went to get a 2nd knife? Ok, this was not a spontaneous outburst, this was a calm intentional stabbing.

I am not sure this can be easily rehabilitated. If they release her from the mental hospital at 18, or even 21, I don't think it will be safe. :oops:

My grandkids are that age. I just cannot even imagine my oldest stabbing her younger sister to death with a hunting knife. They argue and bicker quite a bit, sometimes one or both cry----but I just cannot see that either one could actually stab the other multiple times, then go get another knife to finish the job.

That is absolute rage and psychotic behaviour, imo. A 13 yr old is not a baby, not ignorant about death and what stabbing does to someone. It is hard to believe that there was 'no mental health or other history' before the fatal attack.

There had to be some red flags. This is so tragic.

Last edited:
From what I’ve gleaned from the articles, there is a backstory, as is always the case. They were home alone and arguing.

I don’t want to cast any blame but things such as family dynamics/dysfunction are often at play. [Not to mention general cultural toxins such as stabbing and blood gore in television and films, general cultural violence, medications, etc]. But these horrific stories don’t happen in a vacuum.

Tremendous amount of rage for a 13-year-old. Due to her being a juvenile, we may never learn the intricate details of this young teen's shocking behavior.
Right, could she have been a victim of school bullying, sexual assault, etc and kept it bottled up until it was displaced onto her sister? I only speculate because as stated before such incidents rarely occur within a vacuum.

This is just my little rant and I think all the comments here are quite valuable and well-meaning. I work with children and many child psychologists and counselors.

We need to change our view and narrative that this type of violent behavior stems from “bullying” or mental illness. Yes, this child was very, very disturbed, but if she was given tools to properly act on her anger toward her sister, she would not be a murderer. The vast majority of people with mental illness are not violent and labeling her a “victim of bullying” puts blame on other children, even if we don’t mean to do that.

<modsnip - speculation outside the bounds of the known facts of the case>

Just my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
RSBM.
Which article(s) indicate a backstory?

What if this family is actually just like yours and mine, but something has just not developed properly with the 13-year-old?
True. I guess I concluded something amiss/some sort of backstory in the family dynamic from their being left alone, but I guess age 13 is not too young to babysit a sister. I have experience with children who acted out when left alone too often, but that doesn’t necessarily apply to this case, granted.

Below are knives similar to what the 13 year old used in the stabbing, from article link:

View attachment 535117

The serrations on that... The injuries must have been absolutely catastrophic. I can't imagine what it was like for first responders.

MOO

The serrations on that... The injuries must have been absolutely catastrophic. I can't imagine what it was like for first responders.

MOO
I know. And I’m wondering why she had access to these; they don’t look like ordinary kitchen knives, unless I’m mistaken.

Those are specifically made for killing. They're combat knives. The only reason you'd have one is as a weapon.

MOO
a lot of people collect such blades. But it seems as if it was way too readily avilable for the 13 year old to put her hands on. Not that it means anything IMO because a butcher knife was readily available in the kitchen as well so I don't know that I can or will fault the parents based on that alone.

IF they knew the teen was troubled then I might feel they played some role in this by leaving their younger daughter in the care of the teen daughter. But if there were no warning signs beforehand then their simply having that knife in their home somewhere accessible to a 13 year old I don't hold them responsible for.

a lot of people collect such blades. But it seems as if it was way too readily avilable for the 13 year old to put her hands on. Not that it means anything IMO because a butcher knife was readily available in the kitchen as well so I don't know that I can or will fault the parents based on that alone.

IF they knew the teen was troubled then I might feel they played some role in this by leaving their younger daughter in the care of the teen daughter. But if there were no warning signs beforehand then their simply having that knife in their home somewhere accessible to a 13 year old I don't hold them responsible for.
Oh, I know they're of interest to collectors, but what I meant was, no, they don't have a secondary practical purpose for being great for.

You can gut someone very well with a fish filleting knife, but its intended purpose is the preparation of fish, not killing people.

A combat knife has one purpose.

MOO

All true. I had just wondered if those knives were ever displayed or spoken about in a way that was inappropriate, or used as threats —but at this point it’s up to investigators and defense to determine what role if any the household played in her state of mind.

The siblings’ parents told police they had only left their older daughter to babysit her younger sister for two hours when the alleged attack unfolded.

They insisted that the siblings had only ever had “normal sibling arguments” before, reported FOX2Detroit.

IMG_5593.jpeg

While speaking to police afterward, the 13-year-old allegedly appeared to show "no emotion," DiGiacomo claims.

"Myself and another detective, we did do an interview with the 13-year-old," he says, alleging that the teen appeared "emotionless. Showed no emotion at all during it."

"She didn't deny anything, she went into detail about the incident, what she did," he says.

"She went into great detail about everything that happened," DiGiacomo claims, speculating that the suspect appeared "perfectly fine" with what police think she did.

"Almost like things were normal," DiGiacomo says.

DiGiacomo said the girls' parents were "devastated" and had "no idea" the 13-year-old was allegedly capable of doing something like that.

“No arguments besides normal sibling arguments," the detective says of what home life was like for the teenager, insisting she'd done nothing to lead the parents "to believe that something like this would happen."

The 13-year-old, who allegedly called 911 after the stabbing, is now facing charges of first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder, and first-degree child abuse, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said in a news release obtained by PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back