MI - 13-year old girl stabs 7-year old sister to death - September 28, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Yet, in a later development on Thursday, Oct. 3, during a legal proceeding, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office submitted a formal request to change the initial legal filing in the case, proposing that the 13-year-old be designated as an adult.

The designation is not the same as criminally trying the minor as an adult.

Instead, "upon conviction, an adult designation allows the judge to have the option of sentencing the respondent as a juvenile, or as an adult, or to fashion a blended juvenile sentence with the option of imposing an adult sentence if the juvenile is not rehabilitated," according to the prosecutor's office. "Other facts discovered in the case have caused the change to an adult designation."

Yet, in a later development on Thursday, Oct. 3, during a legal proceeding, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office submitted a formal request to change the initial legal filing in the case, proposing that the 13-year-old be designated as an adult.

The designation is not the same as criminally trying the minor as an adult.

Instead, "upon conviction, an adult designation allows the judge to have the option of sentencing the respondent as a juvenile, or as an adult, or to fashion a blended juvenile sentence with the option of imposing an adult sentence if the juvenile is not rehabilitated," according to the prosecutor's office. "Other facts discovered in the case have caused the change to an adult designation."
I'm relieved to see this change. I was concerned that if she was sentenced as a minor, they have to release her between 18 to 21. And what happens if she is not really ready for freedom?

Although this crime was an "adult level" crime, perhaps one factor in charging her as a juvenile is a medical or mental health history that hasn't been released. I imagine being 13 as opposed to even 14 or 15 is also a factor. And maybe they feel confident that she'll have the support (family and otherwise) that she'll need down the line. All JMO.

However the information that she used two different knives and stabbed her little sister numerous times is very disturbing. I am not sure about rehabilitation chances, given that. She is of an age to know right from wrong. But I guess people are rehabilitated sometimes.
Bbm.
That is certainly true.
However, if the perp is released in a few years, I wouldn't want her anywhere near me or mine.
This attack sounded pretty calculated and beyond vicious.
Omo.

Killer children are so disturbing.

I never realized how many there were until I created a spreadsheet of all the books that were recommended on a book thread. Books like Cruel Sacrifice by Aphrodite Jones, Death of Innocence: A Case of Murder in Vermont by Peter Meyer, Killer Child: Mary Bell by Sylvia Perrini, and Torture Mom by Ryan Green. That stuff is straight out of a horror film.

Killer children are so disturbing.

I never realized how many there were until I created a spreadsheet of all the books that were recommended on a book thread. Books like Cruel Sacrifice by Aphrodite Jones, Death of Innocence: A Case of Murder in Vermont by Peter Meyer, Killer Child: Mary Bell by Sylvia Perrini, and Torture Mom by Ryan Green. That stuff is straight out of a horror film.
There's the film "We Need to Talk about Kevin" (with Tilda Swinton), I saw some years ago. Horrifying, to this day I cannot forget it. Yes, a movie, but these things happen in real life.

I have a friend, with 4 siblings, all girls other than the one boy. A normal loving family, but the boy was off, became violent and frightening before his teen years. All are in their 60's now, the male a long time now in prison for murder.

I don't know how many, if any, of you have heard about the murder of a 10-year-old girl, Biddy Porter, 4 years ago in Gunnedah, New South Wales, Australia. The murderer was her 14-year-old girl cousin, whose name is still suppressed to this day. Biddy was staying with the family in the school holidays. There has never been a lot of information about it on Websleuths. There was more on the general internet, but a lot of that seems to have disappeared now. But basically the 14-year-old had started acting strangely, eg crawling around and growling, throwing scissors at people. She had confided to her mother that she had dreams about killing people, and was scared. An appointment with a psychiatrist had been made. Nobody could have imagined that something so awful would have happened so soon. She killed her little cousin with a knife, horrifically, and was found later at a nearby farm, in a daze and covered in blood. She has been confined since then, and the family is totally fractured. I read quite recently that although she had been allowed occasional outings with staff, this has now been cancelled, due to her attempting to strangle a fellow patient (she is now 18). I daresay there is a name for her condition, we would once just have said that she is insane. To me she sounds unlikely to recover and be able or allowed to resume a normal life. But apparently she was normal up till 14, or nearly 14. I feel sorry for her (as well as for everyone else), she never asked for or wanted this. She was scared, and asked for help. I wonder if there are any similarities to the girl in this case.

This crime is just so incomprehensible when I think about what reportedly started the argument. Because I can totally see the childhood version of myself leaving my older brother a smart alecky note to please flush the toilet. I made him mad often, but the worst thing he ever did was throw a few pieces of ice and then a hairbrush at me and broke the blinds in my bedroom. And that was after I accidentally slammed his finger in a car door!

I have to wonder if she just used that as an excuse but had been planning to hurt her little sister for some time. Maybe that could be a reason for upgrading the charge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BurgoPI
Back