GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably too depressed to care. Sitting in jail too long....over 2 years. Most people in jail are not in jail anywhere near that long. Jails are not equipped for long term incarceration.

The Oakland County Jail maintains an average of 596 offenders in custody on any given day.

The Oakland County Jail has a monthly turnover of 40% of their inmate population.

Another 30% turnover every 90 days.

Another 20% every six months.

Approximately 10% stay incarcerated between six and twelve months.

All good points. And if I was in jail, I’d obviously look worse than I do now with no moisturizer, makeup, hair products. And no sunlight. I remember seeing the drastic changes with Lori Vallow too.

Agree with all of this. Crazy when she said she wouldn’t change anything.

Her appearance isn’t just lack of hair dye. She looked slovenly thru most of trial. Especially her hair. Assume she can buy a comb in the jail. Put it back in a messy bun or something. But she looks like she rolled out of bed most days. And for the person asking about calories in sandwiches in the beginning of her arrest, she sure has gained an excessive amount of weight. Assume that’s from stress and poor quality food in jail. She should have shown some of that stress and emotion in the courtroom instead of acting unaffected.
I don't care at all about her appearance, and we have seen similar changes many many times here. Misty. JoAnn Cunningham, Magen Fieramusca etc etc

1707985901141.png

Hearing on challenged evidence delayed in James Crumbley trial​

Feb. 14—A hearing over evidentiary challenges in the case against the father of school shooter Ethan Crumbley is postponed one week — rescheduled from Feb. 14 to Feb. 21 before Oakland County Circuit Judge Cheryl Matthews.

As previously reported by The Oakland Press, defense attorney Mariell Lehman wants some photographic evidence kept from the jury and certain witnesses barred from testifying in James Crumbley's upcoming trial for involuntary manslaughter charges in connection with the 2021 Oxford High School mass shooting.

Her appearance isn’t just lack of hair dye. She looked slovenly thru most of trial. Especially her hair. Assume she can buy a comb in the jail. Put it back in a messy bun or something. But she looks like she rolled out of bed most days. And for the person asking about calories in sandwiches in the beginning of her arrest, she sure has gained an excessive amount of weight. Assume that’s from stress and poor quality food in jail. She should have shown some of that stress and emotion in the courtroom instead of acting unaffected.
Is it possible that Jennifer was not entitled to a daily shower? Her hair looked greasy most of the time, as if she hadn't taken a shower and washed her hair before court. If she had commissary funds for snacks and beverages, she surely could have purchased shampoo and a comb. Presumably, her attorney obtained clothing for Jennifer so she didn't have to appear in court in her jail duds. While I noted JC's slovenly appearance and unkempt hair, I found it somewhat ironic that a hair stylist served as the jury foreperson. JMO

Last edited:

I wonder if she is off the Adderall and Xanax. One side affect of Adderall is weight loss.

Is it possible that Jennifer was not entitled to a daily shower? Her hair looked greasy most of the time, as if she hadn't taken a shower and washed her hair before court. If she had commissary funds for snacks and beverages, she surely could have purchased shampoo and a comb. Presumably, her attorney obtained clothing for Jennifer so she didn't have to appear in court in her jail duds. While I noted JC's slovenly appearance and unkempt hair, I found it somewhat ironic that a hair stylist served as the jury foreperson. JMO
In some prisons and jails prisoners only get to shower once a week.

The father of the Oxford High School shooter is asking an Oakland County judge to move his trial to a different county, arguing he cannot get a fair trial due to the widespread media coverage and the number of people who are connected to the tragedy.

James Crumbley is due to stand trial March 5 on four counts of involuntary manslaughter. His attorney, Mariell Lehman, said it would be appropriate to change the location of his trial to get a more impartial jury pool, as many of the approximately 1 million adults in Oakland County likely paid attention to the media coverage of his wife's trial.

“Mr. Crumbley wants, and is entitled to, a fair trial with impartial jurors who do not have personal connections to the school shooting or its victims and jurors who have not been influenced by the inflammatory media, consistent livestream coverage, numerous media articles and particularly by interviews conducted with Prosecutor McDonald that include completely inaccurate information that the public has accepted and repeated as facts of the case," Lehman said...

Last edited:
I don't think it will help him at all.
The Oxford High School shooting and subsequent court proceedings have received international attention. I doubt there is anyone who hasn't heard about the case, so moving James' trial to another Michigan county or bringing a jury to Oakland County from elsewhere in the state isn't likely to make a difference. JMO

Looking at the picture in that link, it’s astonishing the physical difference of JC upon arrest and now. Obviously jail/stress has taken a toll on her. We can never know obviously, but I wonder if she would have shown some true emotions during trial and really expressed grief and remorse for the deceased teenagers, and not been so defensive, if she would have had a different outcome. But who knows, maybe that is the real her and she’s not remorseful
This is actually not unusual (Obumseli fan girl), even for women awaiting trial on bond (Hannah Payne).

She might be afraid to shower.

Recall that Ghislaine Maxwell was cited for not showering, not cleaning her toilet, etc. And she was POSH! Maybe Jodi Hillebrand, too, in the Franke case. And then there was Sydney Powell, who was deliberately set up to look like a mad woman in her trial, because she was pleading insanity (fail; 'twas all malingering)

She might have a target on her back in the prison/jail. All the other women are gonna know who she is.

In some prisons and jails prisoners only get to shower once a week.
We can look up the handbook for that jail, and then we'd know for sure. IMO the prisoners would be REQUIRED to shower at least once a week, even if they didn't want to.

The Oxford High School shooting and subsequent court proceedings have received international attention. I doubt there is anyone who hasn't heard about the case, so moving James' trial to another Michigan county or bringing a jury to Oakland County from elsewhere in the state isn't likely to make a difference. JMO
Hi there. Yep, I am following here in Canada, I am sure there are people around the world too.

When they're appearing in court? Having to sit close to their lawyers and the judge?
Must admit, I have never heard of a jail not offering unconvicted detainees a shower before court. Defense attorneys would - rightly - be up in arms.

Anyway, new from Click on Detroit
Defense atty commenting says she believes James is ' a more sympathetic figure ' and she gives credit to jurors in Jennifer's trial.

different point of view, different attorney. A discussion on change of venue '

Last edited:

"In Jennifer Crumbley's trial, jury selection was completed far quicker than expected and the number of potential jurors needed to empanel a fair and impartial jury was far fewer than expected," Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor Marc Keast wrote in his latest filing. "Selecting a fair and impartial jury in Oakland County will be achieved in defendant James Crumbley's case as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit