MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that rude? I’ve always thought of it as acknowledging and being respectful of what that member was saying. I’m sorry also if I’m out of line on that.
I did like the post although I sometimes think it is the wrong thing for me to do. Nothing to do with you. Nothing rude, it just seems uncomfortable to 'like' posts that are about tragic things. You are fine.

I did like the post although I sometimes think it is the wrong thing for me to do. Nothing to do with you. Nothing rude, it just seems uncomfortable to 'like' posts that are about tragic things. You are fine.

Oh I understand your point, I’m just concerned about it now. On here and other forums that I haunt, I even upvote somebody who disagrees with me as a way of saying that I respect the opinion even if it isn’t mine. My other sites are full of Deadhead hippies so they wont remember my likes but I just don’t want to inadvertently offend someone.

The 1. you referenced is talking about an incident that happened back in early November. It was vandalisim and is unrelated to today's incident. The 2. is talking about the recent rumors that there was going to be a shooting.

McCabe also said “He said he was aware of allegations circulating on social media that there had been threats of a shooting at the roughly 1,700-student school prior to Tuesday's attack, but he cautioned against believing that narrative until investigators can look into it.”

So which is it? Rather contradictory IMO.

1. They have investigated all information provided; false information exacerbated the concern.

-or-

2. They caution against believing the narrative until investigators look into it.

The 1. you referenced is talking about an incident that happened back in early November. It was vandalisim and is unrelated to today's incident. The 2. is talking about the recent rumors that there was going to be a shooting.

The deer head incident was deemed unrelated. However, they were aware of numerous rumors that created concerns. They said they reviewed every concern. Did they?

Same article:
Without specifically referencing that incident, a second post on Nov. 12 assured "there has been no threat to our building nor our students."

"We are aware of the numerous rumors that have been circulating throughout our building this week. We understand that has created some concern for students and parents," the administrators wrote. "Please know that we have reviewed every concern shared with us and investigated all information provided. Some rumors have evolved from an incident last week, while others do not appear to have any connection. Student interpretations of social media posts and false information have exacerbated the overall concern."

• One victim is a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head. He's in critical condition.
  • Another victim is a 14-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head and jaw. He's in serious condition.
  • A 17-year-old girl is stable after being shot in the neck.
  • Another victim, a 15-year-old boy, was shot in the leg and is stable.
  • A 47-year-old teacher was grazed with a bullet.
  • A 14-year-old is fighting for his life with chest and neck wounds. The sheriff said he's currently on a ventilator after surgery.
  • The final victim is a 17-year-old girl who was shot in the chest and is in critical condition.

Includes the names and photos of the beautiful children whose lives were taken today.
What we know about the victims of the Oxford High School shooting
  • ''The following is a list officials released of the people who were injured:

• 14-year-old boy who suffered jaw and head wounds.
  • 14-year-old girl in critical condition with chest and neck gunshot wounds. She is on a ventilator after surgery.
  • 15-year-old boy in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the head.
  • 15-year-old boy in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the left leg.
  • 17-year-old boy who is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the neck.
  • 17-year-old boy with gunshot wound to his hip.
  • 17-year-old girl in critical condition with a gunshot wound to her chest.
    47-year-old teacher who has been discharged from the hospital with a grazing wound to their shoulder.''

The names of the victims have now been released, but I won't post them yet. (source CNN). The boy died in a police man's car en route to the hospital according to USA Today. The father bought the gun on Black Friday.

• One victim is a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head. He's in critical condition.
  • Another victim is a 14-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head and jaw. He's in serious condition.
  • A 17-year-old girl is stable after being shot in the neck.
  • Another victim, a 15-year-old boy, was shot in the leg and is stable.
  • A 47-year-old teacher was grazed with a bullet.
  • A 14-year-old is fighting for his life with chest and neck wounds. The sheriff said he's currently on a ventilator after surgery.
  • The final victim is a 17-year-old girl who was shot in the chest and is in critical condition.

This is so heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry for all of those affected.

Suspect’s father recently bought gun used in Michigan school shooting, sheriff says (nbcnews.com)

Three students were killed, and seven students and a teacher were wounded at Oxford High School. The 15-year-old suspect is not talking, the sheriff said.

The handgun authorities believe a 15-year-old Michigan high school student used Tuesday to kill three classmates and seriously wound eight other people was purchased by the suspect's father days ago, the sheriff said...

Three of the wounded students were in critical condition Tuesday night, officials said.

The suspect was taken into custody and was not injured. He is not speaking with investigators and his family has hired an attorney, Sheriff Michael Bouchard said at a news conference...

Avondale High School is CLOSED TODAY, December 1, 2021. Currently, law enforcement is investigating a general threat made against high schools in the county. The threat has been circulating on social media and was very general in nature. In light of events yesterday in Oxford, we are exercising caution.

Avondale High School | Avondale School District (avondaleschools.org)

Michigan high school shooter, 15, is refusing to speak at juvenile center | Daily Mail Online

The Michigan high school shooter who killed three classmates and injured eight others yesterday in an as-yet unexplained attack at Oxford High School is now refusing to speak to police at the juvenile detention center where he is being held.

The 15-year-old suspect has not yet been named by police because he is a minor. It remains unclear if he will be charged as an adult or a juvenile but he is being held at Oakland County Children's Village, where he is on suicide watch and being checked on every 15 minutes.

He is accused of opening fire at Oxford High School in Oxford, Michigan, on Tuesday afternoon, shooting dead Hana St. Juliana, 14, Tate Myre, 16, and Madisyn Baldwin, 17. Eight others were killed.

On Tuesday night, police were seen at the shooter's family home removing what liked multiple, long-barreled guns.

The shooter is said to have used a 9mm semi automatic handgun in Tuesday's attack that his father purchased four days ago. Before going to school with the gun, he posted photos on social media with the weapon.

He is refusing to speak with the authorities at the Oakland Juvenile Center and his parents have hired an attorney to represent him.

The teen's motive remains unclear but some students at the school said he was being bullied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader