MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New thoughts. The person that knew her mentioned she was married before. Do we know anything about that relationship? Is she newly divorced? Was it amicable? Is boyfriend new? Could ex have been upset about that? It’s a longtime family cabin, so I am sure he would know where it is. Or would she have called ex if she was worried about bf? Or called bf if she was worried about ex? Just thinking out loud.
Not sure when the boyfriend comes into the picture. However, court records (Oakland County) show that her ex-husband filed for divorce against her in 2015 and the case went on into 2016 and seems to have halted at that point. A second divorce filing by her ex-husband against her was initiated in March of 2019 and completed on June 24th of 2019.

Hmmm.... it dosen't really make sense that the BF would drive waaaaay down state, just to drop off some supplies????

On another note, it really seems that LE could actually be searching for a second crime scene, but I have been wrong before, and do hope she is found safe.

My apologies, anxiety level is high. I saw something that didn’t sit well with me and responded in defense.
I now understand what this forum is about. Although I know a bit more than the media (LE), at this time, I wouldn’t share that. There must be a reason why they aren’t making that public. Therefore, I won’t. I can say that it wasn’t unusual for Adrienne to go to the cabin alone. She loves hunting and the property is near and dear to her heart. As for why she didn’t call 911, speculation. And since I haven’t talked to her in a while (not unusual for us), I don’t know what her state of mind was. But, reflex/reaction often leads to things such as calling someone familiar as opposed to 911. I’ve done the same, just not under these circumstances...

As a longtime member of Websleuths and life-long Michigan resident, I would like to welcome you to this forum. Thank you for sharing information you have about the disappearance of your friend. Please know that members here are eager to help and support you as the search for your friend continues.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibilities of this whole thing. WHAT IF: there were 2 people involved, lets say the friend who she called and the person who harmed her ( if that's the case). She could have been harmed at anytime and with the boyfriend having an alibi (ish.. IMO) who's to say he didn't go back to the cabin in the middle of the night and make that call from Adrienne's phone to the friend, saying something like "ok call 911 now". We keep asking ourselves why she didn't just call 911. That could very well change the whole timeline, alibi's etc etc. This is all SPECULATION.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibilities of this whole thing. WHAT IF: there were 2 people involved, lets say the friend who she called and the person who harmed her ( if that's the case). She could have been harmed at anytime and with the boyfriend having an alibi (ish.. IMO) who's to say he didn't go back to the cabin in the middle of the night and make that call from Adrienne's phone to the friend, saying something like "ok call 911 now". We keep asking ourselves why she didn't just call 911. That could very well change the whole timeline, alibi's etc etc. This is all SPECULATION.
That would be a cleaver way to set up an alibi-

Last edited:
I just read about this case today:

A Michigan woman called a friend saying she was in danger. She hasn't been seen since.

Sorry if the link is a repeat, I have not read the thread yet. Very concerning circumstances. MOO.

Thanks, Gardener!

From the article:
Quintal had been at the cabin with her boyfriend, who left on Wednesday, while she stayed, Schendel said.

Police interviewed the boyfriend Wednesday night, the sheriff said.

Schendel said officers are trying to understand anything going on in her life that might help piece together the events that led to her fateful Friday morning call.

That includes interviewing witnesses, friends, and family in northern Michigan, where Quintal disappeared, and in the Detroit suburb where she resided.

Hmmm.... it dosen't really make sense that the BF would drive waaaaay down state, just to drop off some supplies????

On another note, it really seems that LE could actually be searching for a second crime scene, but I have been wrong before, and do hope she is found safe.

This isn't far off of the separation of Mollie Tibbets and her Husband only to find out it was a totally unknown person who took her life. It always makes sense to investigate the significant other by percentages but I'm not surprised if it is someone else.

This isn't far off of the separation of Mollie Tibbets and her Husband only to find out it was a totally unknown person who took her life. It always makes sense to investigate the significant other by percentages but I'm not surprised if it is someone else.
Mollie wasn't married. She was about to be a Sophomore in college at the end of that summer. She did have a boyfriend and was staying at the boyfriend's brother's home, taking care of his dogs.

I agree though, that this doesn't have to be a boyfriend or husband..could there have been a random intruder?

Last edited:
Thanks! Interesting.

She chose not to summon LE for some reason.

This doesn't sound like a stranger intrusion at all.
Sounds like she knew whoever showed up there at the cabin.

I wonder if they were invited, or uninvited.

JMO.
Granted I haven't read all the posts, but, if I were up at our cabin and I needed "help"----I wouldn't put it past me to do contact my best friend. All I would have to do is say HELP. She would know where that cabin was and how to get there. She would call 911 in a flash.

Also, her perp may be ok with her on the phone with a friend. If she were acting like all is going good, then whisper HELP in the phone. That's something I'd so also......

I don't "do" Facebook but found this earlier today. Not sure if it's the same AQ - this one is in Detroit.

Adrienne Quintal
Thanx-- found that one too. I promise I won't post anything from fb.
I just wondered if a family member has an official missing person page for her.
Her sister is posting on her own page. But she seems to be solo. I hurt for her......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11