MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of AQ's likes on her FB page is Ganja White Night, which I found odd until her sister stated that AQ's behavior started to be more like a hippy when AQ started dating Lundy. I am assuming Lundy is into the band, I sure as heck don't believe AQ was ever into them. On AQ's sons' FB he has posted about Ganja White Night too, so I believe she started following the band so all three of them could have something in common. I wasn't able to check out Lundy's FB before it got deleted.

Ganja White Night was in Rothford, MI (roughly two hours away from Honor, MI and about three hours away from Metro Detroit) on June 27-30 for the Electric Forest Festival and I bet all three attended on one of those days. It should be noted that this Festival is drug fueled, for those who don't know. Without wildly speculating and letting my imagination run wild, something happened at that festival that sparked the altercation with the male back in Metro Detroit.

My guess?

The male was owed a crap ton of money for drugs and AQ took on the responsibility of paying it off. A week or two later, in early July when the altercation happened, she wasn't able to and the male clocked her and broke her nose. The male beats up Lundy for good measure even though he wanted no part of it which is why he didn't defend her. The male gives AQ a date in which things could get a lot worse if he doesn't get his money.

That time is coming soon but the kitchen is getting way too hot for Lundy as he is starting to get some threats. Lundy gives up AQ's location at the cabin in exchange for his safety and he conveniently leaves the cabin to head back home and work on the condo which they are trying to sell. And Nick is there. Perfect alibi, he's thinking.

The male parks, heck, miles down the road from the cabin. If you aren't familiar with up north Michigan, they wouldn't see ANYONE at that time of the night. We all know what transpires at the cabin, but he gets AQ back to the car. She is a fighter and kicks out the back window at some point.

A couple days later, according to two Traverse City women on FB they say they heard a woman SCREAM, "HELP ME" and witness a male aka the male in the altercation grab the woman, throw the woman into the car, which is missing a window, and slams the door. The two females follow the male to a rent a storage place. He is in there for quite some time, according to them, and when he comes out they can't see the female anymore. They try blocking him in but they end up having to move out of the way because he was going to hit their car. They don't follow him anymore and of course they don't get the one gosh darn thing you should always get; a license plate number. Later on in the FB post she is shown a picture of AQ and she worriedly says she thinks the female they saw is AQ.

AQ was abducted by the male in the altercation over a non-payment of drug money. As someone suggested earlier in this thread, get a cell phone tower dump. A company owns that information but it should be easy to get a warrant, I would think.

I think my theory is possible because the timeline of the events would fit, why Lundy hasn't talked to ANYONE in the family but most importantly, knew to not be at the cabin.

Not sure if that’s allowed on here since it’s from Facebook and not msm but either way they did find that women you are talking about and the man and it wasn’t her.

I could have sworn the press release said no shell casings were found outside. But reading it again it doesn't say that. It says no blood or injured persons were found outside. They said there was evidence of shots fired from inside the cabin to outside. They didn't say there is no evidence of someone shooting from outside the cabin. Interesting that they omitted finding spent shell casings outside. Now they are saying they are still running the ballistics? The friend heard gunshots in the background while talking to Ada. The neighbor spoke to her on Oct 16th. I'm back to wondering if there really was someone outside shooting. :eek:o_O:confused:

MOO.
Yeah this is what is crazy. I thought I read that all shots were supposedly fired from inside the apartment. That led me to believe the mental stats could be the issue. I'm pretty convinced now she was under attack. She may have pissed off the "wrong" people. They had to be pretty scared of her ability to fight to come in the night hoping she would be asleep. They may have had night vision or thermal optics which would put her at a huge disadvantage. They fired shots into the home to flush her out, IMO. The questions are did she get away, did she hide, or did they take her? Was the mountain lion story a codeword? If they were doing something not above board they may have had a codeword to let one another know they were in danger.

Adrienne Quintal Left Boots, Phone On Cabin Roof Before Vanishing

It's the same phone she used to call a friend, saying she was in a shootout with two men

(WWJ) - Authorities say a woman who has been missing for more than a month apparently climbed onto the roof of her cabin, where she told a friend she was involved in a shootout with two men before she vanished.

Adrienne Quintal, 47, was last seen downstate in early October as she was headed to Honor, Michigan -- west of Traverse City -- to go to her family's cabin to relax with her boyfriend. She was last heard from on Thursday, Oct. 17, when she called a friend in Warren at 2:34 a.m. asking for help, officials said...

I don't see the name of the person she called but there are some interesting quotes from the new article (BBM):

[...]

Quintal's family, including her ex-husband, have doubled the reward for information in the case to $20,000 through Nov. 30 with the hope that someone will come forward, Bryson said.

[...]

About eight minutes after Quintal called the family friend Oct. 17, Benzie County Central Dispatch received a 911 transfer from Michigan State Police Metro Dispatch from the friend.

[...]

Lamerson said there were casings around the outside of the cabin from what appeared to be multiple guns, with some casings older and rusty and others newer. He said authorities are awaiting results of ballistics tests.

Lamerson said the vehicle was registered to Quintal's boyfriend, who has been at the cabin with Quintal but left in another vehicle that he owned two days earlier to return to metro Detroit.

Lamerson said Quintal tried to call two other people, who he declined to identify, prior to calling the family friend. He said the family friend told police she heard multiple gunshots in the background while on the phone with Quintal.

Lamerson said the house was secured from the inside but authorities found some windows at the cabin open — including one with bullet holes in it. He said Quintal most likely got out of the cabin through a small window on the west end of the house.

[...]

Neighbors are pretty spread out, Lamerson said, but one living in the area thought they heard gunshots about 2:30 a.m. Oct. 17. He said a neighbor spoke with Quintal on Oct. 16 and it appeared that everything was all right.

[...]

"We've not ruled anyone out as a suspect or ruled out any possible theories on what could have occurred," he said, adding that everyone is a person of interest and no one is in custody or charged.

[...]

She called Quintal "a beautiful girl," who is the youngest of four siblings. She said Quintal graduated from Warren Fitzgerald High School and has been a concealed pistol license holder for at least 10 years and never went anywhere without her 9 mm handgun. She said her sister was a good shot.

659478a2-910a-4eff-af64-d9754505c672-adrienne-quintal.jpg

Adrienne Quintal is shown with a buck she bagged in a hunting trip in Michigan's Thumb. (Photo: Family photo)

Bryson said her sister had worked in the auto industry as a contractor for an engineering firm as a database analyst, but had some health issues and was laid off.

Bryson said Quintal hadn't been working full-time for about two years, but was doing odd jobs and that their uncle paid her $500 to make repairs on the old cabin because he is getting older and is unable to do all the work.

[...]

Bryson said she doesn't buy the theory that Quintal would stage her disappearance, saying Quintal loves her adult son too much to put him and other relatives "through that heartache and pain."

If her sister wanted to leave, Bryson said, she would have left a note and taken her purse, her vaping devices and vehicle — all of which were at the cabin.

Bryson said her sister was involved in an altercation in metro Detroit in July in which Quintal was "seriously hurt" and hospitalized. Bryson declined to go into too many details so not impede the investigation into her sister's disappearance.

Quintal's nose was broken in the altercation and she had a concussion, which Bryson said might be considered a traumatic brain injury.

[...]

Bryson told the Free Press the person who hurt her sister hasn't been caught, and she's "not going to write that off until that person is found and cleared by the police."

She said her sister had been drinking when she was attacked in the summer, but according to the medical records that Bryson said she saw, there were no drugs in her sister's system. She said she wasn't aware of any problems her sister has with drugs or alcohol.

Lamerson said Quintal has no criminal history.

While Bryson said she won't discount a medical condition or something like that involving her sister's disappearance, she is leaning toward Quintal being abducted.

Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

The friend told Benzie dispatchers that Quintal was involved in a shootout with two men. She said that Quintal told her that she shot one of the men in the face, that the other man was shooting at her and that she was shooting back at them, the Benzie County Sheriff's Office said in a news release earlier this month.

IMO this is what rules out an abduction. If she actually said that, she is either lying or the intruder was the worst shot on the planet. Even then, no shell casings were found outside. IMO, this can only be a mental episode or she was forced to make that call and the scene was staged.

The friend told Benzie dispatchers that Quintal was involved in a shootout with two men. She said that Quintal told her that she shot one of the men in the face, that the other man was shooting at her and that she was shooting back at them, the Benzie County Sheriff's Office said in a news release earlier this month.

IMO this is what rules out an abduction. If she actually said that, she is either lying or the intruder was the worst shot on the planet. Even then, no shell casings were found outside. IMO, this can only be a mental episode or she was forced to make that call and the scene was staged.
Actually from the new article:

Lamerson said there were casings around the outside of the cabin from what appeared to be multiple guns, with some casings older and rusty and others newer. He said authorities are awaiting results of ballistics tests.

This case is crazy. I’m torn between her being attacked and kidnapped or having a mental breakdown. I don’t think this was a staged set-up... but it wouldn’t take much to change my mind in this crazy case...
Unfortunately, I feel that she’s no longer alive, but let’s hope for a miracle!
ETA: I would tell in about 10 seconds if it was my friends voice or not, maybe not everyone’s like that but I don’t think someone pretending to be her in a staged situation would stay on the phone longer than 4 mins... jmo

This case is crazy. I’m torn between her being attacked and kidnapped or having a mental breakdown. I don’t think this was a staged set-up... but it wouldn’t take much to change my mind in this crazy case...
Unfortunately, I feel that she’s no longer alive, but let’s hope for a miracle!
ETA: I would tell in about 10 seconds if it was my friends voice or not, maybe not everyone’s like that but I don’t think someone pretending to be her in a staged situation would stay on the phone longer than 4 mins... jmo
I know! This case is so crazy!!! Every time I start to think one thing, we find out some new information that changes everything. If any of those shell casings outside turn out to be new enough to be from that night, then there WAS a shootout. Did she actually shoot a guy in the face? Crazy.

I know! This case is so crazy!!! Every time I start to think one thing, we find out some new information that changes everything. If any of those shell casings outside turn out to be new enough to be from that night, then there WAS a shootout. Did she actually shoot a guy in the face? Crazy.
I think when you’re all worked up full of adrenaline and fearing for your life it might impair your judgement- it’s possible she did shoot at her own face in the reflection and misinterpreted it as shooting someone else, but there still could have been people out there. I don’t actually believe she shot anyone in the face, they would have collapsed and left blood in the grass. It doesn’t mean that she wasn’t being attacked though.. jmo

Last edited:
Staying with the simplest is the likeliest, I expect the cadaver dogs will close this case. That river is slow, shallow, and obstructed by a lot of downed trees.

Hitting her vehicle would put her pretty close to the window, to get the angle. GSR pattern will tell that, along with recovery of projectiles in the soft ground. Confronting, closing distance, putting the phone down and returning to it after shooting, all fall outside of the usual patterns.

Unless the moon is full, night time gets darker than the inside of a cow out there. No city lights, etc. Knowing what/who she was shooting at would be tough. Hunters and trained CPL holders don't shoot at sounds.

Spent shell casings are more norm than exception "up North". LE comments about the in-to-out shots seemed supported. A 2D pic isn't going to override the on-site pro opinion, IMO. The round in the ceiling is the only one that really strikes me as odd. If that came from a different gun and/or through the window, someone else was involved. I'm still doubtful. Trained LEO's will sometimes pull a trigger before getting on target, and she could have been cycling the slide to chamber a round if it was kept that way. Single vs double action pistol could make a difference. Panic vs fine motor skills, the reason most LE weapons lack levers and switches. Squeeze=bang.

Avid hunters should be able to tell a cat from a creep, and would be far more likely to share their sighting out of excitement than fear. Spatial awareness reminder is how I view that sort of thing. Watch for the big-tooth kitty, make noise when outside, etc.

Barring an ASOC, with ammo available, leaving the concealment, cover, and familiarity of the house isn't logical. Stand your ground, limit the directions of attack, etc. Hide where you can defend your position.

Most people, even drug debt collectors, are going to leave when fired upon. Counting shots went out with Insp. Callahan.

"[T]here were about a half-dozen bullet holes, including one in the ceiling, Sheriff's Detective Lt. Troy Lamerson told the Free Press. He said a portion of the ceiling rafter was cut out to retrieve a spent bullet. A driver's side window of the vehicle Quintal was driving also was struck, he said."

"[T]here were about a half-dozen bullet holes, including one in the ceiling, Sheriff's Detective Lt. Troy Lamerson told the Free Press. He said a portion of the ceiling rafter was cut out to retrieve a spent bullet. A driver's side window of the vehicle Quintal was driving also was struck, he said."

It will be very interesting to find out if that bullet in the ceiling was from her gun or not.

Vaping devices? Numerous substances are used for vaping, commonly used are DMT or Spice, both may cause hallucinations. Also used lately is a substance called Flakka which is a stimulant similar to Methanphedimine and Cocaine known to cause bizarre behavior, hallucinations and delusions. The vaping devices and multiple cell phones along with Ada and her Lundy not working fit pieces to the puzzle. When someone is using drugs the family (sister) may not necessarily know.

To those who believe shots were fired into the cabin.................because shells outside....because window hole profiles.........where did the slugs go? There were no bullets found inside as per L.E.

I'm not convinced they didn't find slugs from outside in the house. Read the Nov 9th press release carefully-- it didn't say that no evidence was found of shooting into the cabin. It only mentions the evidence of shooting from inside out:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/a...614324966876_868553171637633024_o-jpg.214302/
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/a...14374966871_2019764321482964992_o-jpg.214301/

Many jumped to the conclusion that the statement about evidence of shooting from the inside out means no evidence was found of shooting the other way. It doesn't say that. They didn't tell us everything they found as far as evidence. And now they are saying they are still doing ballistics and forensic tests on the casings found outside.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member