MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is a smaller target and running as well. With a shotgun, simetimes people aim too high if they don’t have a lot of experience. It seems like this killer was not a very good shot

A shotgun would be an odd weapon to choose in a carefully planned killing. If the killer missed Ally with 4 out of 5 shots, maybe the person didn't stop and aim carefully--that would also point to someone who was in high dudgeon as opposed to someone who had plotted Ally's murder in detail. A thrill killing by some teenager can't be ruled out, but odds are Ally was killed by someone with whom she had interacted that day, probably within the 2 or 3 hours prior to the murder. The interaction could have been in person, over the phone, or online. She might, on the otherhand, have angered someone by ignoring him or her.

She is a smaller target and running as well. With a shotgun, sometimes people aim too high if they don’t have a lot of experience. It seems like this killer was not a very good shot

Do we know anything about how close the killer was to the victim? Perhaps the killer shot from far away. Ally may not even have seen
who shot her. Do we know anything about the autopsy report.

Has any of her friends said anything about her family dynamics?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
^She did have a friend from her childhood post on here upwards a bit(not verified)^
It was before the crime watch daily interview.

Do we know anything about how close the killer was to the victim? Perhaps the killer shot from far away. Ally may not even have seen

These are all very good questions, IMO.

From an article published seven weeks after Ally’s murder:

“Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer.

‘There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,’ Shaw said. ‘I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either. We have to be careful to not narrow the focus.’” (BBM)
https://www.hometownlife.com/story/...eath-mind-hunt-ally-bruegers-killer/90723630/

And Lt. Shaw’s opinion doesn’t appear to have changed since as he told Chris Hansen last week:
“‘That she had to know who her killer was. It was just too weird,’ said Lt. Shaw.

And anyone who knew Ally Brueger is considered a suspect.” (BBM)
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/03...gunned-down-while-jogging-on-rural-dirt-road/

I wish there was a way we could find out some of the reasons as to why Lt. Shaw believes Ally knew the person who killed her.

For example, did they find two sets of shoe prints near tire tracks, indicating that there was a confrontation? But that wouldn’t exclude a road-rage-type situation involving a stranger.

Also from the CWD article:
“‘We believe five shots were fired,’ said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.

Only one of those shots found its target.”

Did they maybe find a trail of shell casings, indicating to them that the shooter had actually chased Ally, until s/he was sure s/he “got” her? Perhaps it would be more important to someone known to Ally -even at the risk of being seen by a third party- to make sure she was mortally wounded than to a complete stranger, because if she got away, she would be able to identify the person?

^She did have a friend from her childhood post on here upwards a bit(not verified)^
It was before the crime watch daily interview.
If I remember correctly, didn't she dispute some of the claims being made about the family?

If I remember correctly, didn't she dispute some of the claims being made about the family?

I don't believe it was the family. I would need to go back and read, again.

But what does that mean, "this case is solved". Do you, or law enforcement, have some proof or is it just a strong suspicion? How can you be so sure?

Solvable may be a better way to express confidence that LE feels that there will eventually be an arrest, conviction, justice for Ally, and a degree of closure for her loved ones. :moo:

With a shotgun, the farther away they are the wider the shot pattern, thus increasing the chances of a hit. Beyond a certain range it is not effective as a killing weapon - shot will lose its effectiveness and pattern will be too wide to hit with enough pellets. This could vary between 30 yards and 50 yards depending on the shotgun. This assumes the shooter was using buckshot. A rifled slug is a different story because then it is like shooting a rifle and not all shotguns shoot rifled slugs accurately. Those that used rifled slugs where I hunted used them as the first round and buckshot for the subsequent rounds as buckshot was better for shooting at moving target.

And saying that is indeed solved reminds me of the saying "nothing to see here, move on". Just my opinion.

I agree... This seems rather sketchy to me, but I haven't been following this one since the beginning. I do admit I tend to discount posters who come in "guns blazing" and criticize everyone here, as it comes off as so patronizing and condescending.

I will say all this interesting thread activity has made me more aware of and interested in this case, so there's that.

Someone Ally knew does not necessarily equal a love interest, family member, or even a close friend. She could have had a stalker that she didn't even know she had. She could have had a coworker who was obsessed with her, but she didn't know it. And even though the houses are in a rural area, she could have had a neighbor who was watching her and knew her jogging pattern and route.

The fact that she was shot from behind makes me lean away from someone really close to her because it's so impersonal. Many people who kill their girlfriends, wives, children, etc. make sure the person knows who is killing them. It's another level of showing the victim who is in control, I suppose. The person gets their final revenge and the victim dies knowing who their killer was.

I just can't rule out a random killer or someone who knew Ally, but not well.

Someone Ally knew does not necessarily equal a love interest, family member, or even a close friend. She could have had a stalker that she didn't even know she had. She could have had a coworker who was obsessed with her, but she didn't know it. And even though the houses are in a rural area, she could have had a neighbor who was watching her and knew her jogging pattern and route.

The fact that she was shot from behind makes me lean away from someone really close to her because it's so impersonal. Many people who kill their girlfriends, wives, children, etc. make sure the person knows who is killing them. It's another level of showing the victim who is in control, I suppose. The person gets their final revenge and the victim dies knowing who their killer was.

I just can't rule out a random killer or someone who knew Ally, but not well.

That is what I'm thinking. In some respects it reminds me of the unsolved murders of Heidi Childs and David Metzler off a rural road not far from Virginia Tech. The choice of weapon there was unusual - a .30-30 rifle. There is a thread on that case.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Childs-18-Montgomery-County-26-Aug-2009/page5

With a shotgun, the farther away they are the wider the shot pattern, thus increasing the chances of a hit. Beyond a certain range it is not effective as a killing weapon - shot will lose its effectiveness and pattern will be too wide to hit with enough pellets. This could vary between 30 yards and 50 yards depending on the shotgun. This assumes the shooter was using buckshot. A rifled slug is a different story because then it is like shooting a rifle and not all shotguns shoot rifled slugs accurately. Those that used rifled slugs where I hunted used them as the first round and buckshot for the subsequent rounds as buckshot was better for shooting at moving target.

I was somewhat confused about how many times Ally was shot. Initially there were reports of up to 4 times, but now it seems that she was only hit
once, even though several shots were fired. The person who found her said that she was hit a couple of times on the 911 call. Perhaps buckshot was used
and caused more than 1 wound even though she was only shot once?

Hi Combatmedic2121,

Your very first post on Websleuths you said:

During Ally's funeral many of Ally's friends and family, unsure what to think at the time, deliberately ignored and avoided me. Ally's mom was the only one at the funeral that really knew me well enough to KNOW I would never have hurt Alex.
CLICK HERE for the full post

Then you just said:

Let me clear... You say that I sounded “out of touch”... that has always been Nikki’s goal ever since I started calling her out about intentionally downplaying and hiding the reality of their dark and toxic relationship.

What happened between your first post in December 2016 to now that made you change your mind about Ally's mom?

Thank you for your time.

Tricia

Excellent observation and question. What happened was after Alex’s death her mother and I became close, talking at least a few time a week through texts or phone calls. About every 2-3 weeks I would meet her for lunch. Noticed I say her, because per usual Dad was no where to be found. Over time she had said many things that caused me to suspect Franz more and more. I kept asking more questions and more questions. I also noticed her changing her story about events of that day to make Franz seem less suspicious. I can’t get into all the specifics. Just too important to the investigation.
The point is I grew extremely suspicious and about 6 months ago I had to call ******** on everything! That’s when we stopped talking, that’s when her attempts to discredit me and make me seem “out of touch” really began. She knew it was only a matter of time before I would go to the media about Franz. I had already went to police. I just knew too much and I had to be shut down and discredited as much as possible, in her view.
So that’s what happened! I got sick of her ******** and suspected she was actually covering for Franz. Which she was, and still is, as you’ll eventually see.
Again, I’m not asking anyone to take my word on any of this. You’re free to believe whatever you want. But you’ll see what I mean once arrests are made and the story finally breaks. Just need a little patience, like I said LE is late to the game on this. Let them work.

Combatmedic, are your thoughts about Ally’s dad based on suspicions, or do you have something more concrete you base them on? Some dads are more distant by nature, and not comfortable in social settings. For some reason, it seems to often be the mothers who become the outspoken ones in the deaths such as this one. Was there something more than that, in you opinion?

Thanks for giving us some help when you can. I do hope you are doing all right. This must be difficult for you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett