DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartford community rallies in support of Henslee family

Updated:1/31/2011 12:02:09 AM - Posted: 1/30/2011 11:47:49 PM

snipped..............

As the fundraiser was drawing to a close, Amy's husband, James Henslee, along with his two sons, Jd and Jh, stopped by. Amy's mother, Brenda Miston, joined them. The packed crowd of supporters gave them all a standing ovation as they entered the building.
The family had spent the afternoon hosting Jd's birthday party. He turns 11 years old on Monday.
"It's a blessing for all these people to come out just for us in honor of her [Amy]," said James Henslee. "I can't be more thankful. Thank you, honey," James said while looking up to the heavens.
"Somebody told me when I walked in the door that some guy drove all the way from Wisconsin just to come to this benefit because he'd followed the whole story," said Brenda Miston, Amy's mother. "We're so overwhelmed."
Earlier Sunday, James Henslee said he'd received a call from a church in Texas which had been following this tragedy closely. Henslee said the church plans to donate money which will pay for both Jd and Jh's college educations.
"I just want to say, 'thank you; thank you'", said James. "I have great kids and they deserve to be happy and honor their mother."

more at link
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=151515&catid=14

Wood-TV is reporting that Junior told family members that his Tonya walked in on Amy and him having an affair and that she shot Amy. He says he picked up Amy alone and that his Mom later dropped Tonya off at his place. He wrestled the gun from her and shot her in self defense and buried them both in a panic. It sounds like the family is buying it. I am thinking phone records will be the best way to prove or disprove an affair as I am not sure what else they can do.

I don't believe a word of his story! And why would Amy have an affair with a guy like him in a creepy place like the trailer. No way! He wants to make himself look innocent, in my opinion. And he wants to drag Amy's name through the mud, as well as Tonya's. Unbelievable! I imagine forensics can prove it didn't happen this way.

I feel so awful for James and his sons. James seems to have loved his wife so much and enjoyed her and appreciated her. He acts like he was very much in love with her. I'm glad he had 12 years with her and 2 sons with her but its so terrible that someone came along and ripped her out of his life. And I hate to see Junior trying to dirty her good reputation by claiming that she was having an affair with him in that awful camper trailer. I don't believe anything that Junior says and I hope her children don't hear any of this. I can imagine kids talking about it at school around her kids and that would be so sad.

Before someone writes an article like this on a case... they should read everything there is to read about that case. There are several things in there that are inaccurate or missing entirely. This is how things get so horribly misconstrued and misunderstood.

One being that she says James was a suspect until the bodies were found. I would LOVE to know her source on that. (I am so well trained now...)

All I ever heard was that he was NOT a suspect, was 100% cooperative, wanted to take a polygraph but LE didn't feel it was needed because he wasn't a suspect.

I guess you could twist that into him being a suspect... but I'm not sure how. :waitasec:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/police_continue_to_investigate_1.html

The people who have said they got a call from James looking for Amy... while she says there won't be any calls if her theory is correct. That information is already available that people got calls. It's been made very clear that friends and family were all called quickly to help look for her.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-mom-amy-henslee-vanishes-home/story?id=12775556

The information on how the dogs got brought in. Again, it is out there that James wanted dogs brought in. The dogs that DID come in were a private group, not LE. That in fact JAMES asked them to look at his cousin's property.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-police-search-for-missing-woma-01252011,0,7836775.story

An article says that Amy's family brought them in. So that automatically excludes James and means he didn't want them to come in?? "Her family" would include her husband and sons before anyone else. Then would include everyone else. I'm pretty sure he's included in "family" and that nobody felt the need to say "her Mom, her Dad, her sister, her husband, her sons, her Uncle, her Aunt" so that nobody would be perceived as not wanting the dogs to come.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/na...-2nd-woman-found-buried-in-mich--1066672.html

Those are the few that stood out to me, there is more but I will stop there. Those were the big ones. :twocents:

Yes he must have been what they meant by the family bringing in the dogs as Amy's parents were not informed until the following morning by the press and not LE so I think we can deduce it was James who called on the services of the team with dogs.

Facebook page supports alleged killer
Page has caused 'pain and hurt' to family

Updated: Sunday, 30 Jan 2011, 8:15 AM EST
Published : Sunday, 30 Jan 2011, 6:40 AM EST

By Tom Hillen

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A Facebook page has popped up in support of Junior Lee Beebe, the man charged with the murders of Amy Henslee and Tonya Howarth.

The page showed up on Facebook on Saturday and it encourages people to support Beebe claiming he is innocent.

more here

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Facebook-page-supports-alleged-killer

this is just one of those FB troll pages

Family of Amy Henslee wants rules for missing person searches changed
http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Family_of_Amy_Henslee_whats__114874824.html

They say the fact that police could not start looking for Amy Henslee until 48 hours after she went missing is "ridiculous."
Police are still investigating the events of Monday.

They think Henslee voluntarily left her home with Beebe but police do not know why.They believe Howarth then met up with them in the wooded, rural area where the women's bodies were found late Thursday.

interesting that this implies LE do believe TH met up with them after... and so do we suppose they don't give credence to the sighting of two women in the vehicle..?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/Beebe-to-family-Didnt-kill-Henslee

"Even from the beginning, the story didn't make sense to Beebe's relatives.
"I couldn't imagine him having any problem with Amy," said Beebe's sister, Rebecca Nickerson, on Thursday night. "Amy's too sweet of a person. She's too much of a good, kind-hearted person for anybody to ever be angry at her.""

er...how about wanting something you can't have!

"And Amy's husband doesn't believe she would have an affair.
"Amy would never do that," James Henslee said. "I don't want anybody trying to slander my wife's name. ... They have charged him with a double homicide for a reason.""

Truly I dont know what to beleive at the moment.

Personally I dont think the husband killed her, especially if he is confessing to one murder....no too far fetched that BJB killed his girlfriend and James killed AH.

However I dont think this is a premediated murder either. I dont think he picked up Amy with the thought of killing her that day nor lured her there.

the theory that makes the most sense is that she willingly went with him for some reason and some form of confrontation happened there....be it an affair discovered, or the three of them were together and he started hitting into TH for some reason and AH went to her aid and he shot her as well.

there is a story behind this for sure.

Wood-TV is reporting that Junior told family members that his Tonya walked in on Amy and him having an affair and that she shot Amy. He says he picked up Amy alone and that his Mom later dropped Tonya off at his place. He wrestled the gun from her and shot her in self defense and buried them both in a panic. It sounds like the family is buying it. I am thinking phone records will be the best way to prove or disprove an affair as I am not sure what else they can do.

I am not ready to write this off as total nonsense, it seems actually like a logical reason for both to be dead, far more logical than reasons like she went with them to tell Tonya to leave him etc. I also take into account some of the local hints while she was missing that did not seem condemnatory of Amy so much as just .. it happens type of comment on a possible relationship. I don't think it takes away one iota from loving her husband or kids if true, some women find themselves doing something stupid and in most cases it is nothing but a memory of dumb and young on their 50th wedding anniversary.

I really don't think that "his family wouldn't like him" was a reason to lie about killing Amy, he confessed easily to LE once the blood was found that he killed one of them.

So even though it is tempting to say this came from a killer so he lies, just going to let it sit and stay on the fence on this one. Its the one theory that makes some psychological sense and the mom can confirm if she dropped tonya off. Again I am not suggesting Amy is in the wrong here, and Tonya wouldn't be the first woman or man in history to kill a partners lover in the heat of rage.

jmo

I think he might be telling more or less the truth. I can't imagine any other reason for him to kill both women.

Me either. All other reasons seem to need some real stretching to make it fit. Apparently and this is rumor there was a comment about a situation with a landscaper in 2007 that I read and no i have no idea where so imo.

Remember guys that it doesn't always make the person a bad person or not loving their family. Sometimes it is just .. a need to have a little excitement and means nothing beyond that. Or there is something missing in one area of a marriage that none of us would or should know about but is overall strong and loving.

IF it is true, I hope prosecutors go for the max on the murder of Tonya and accept the guilty plea and not try to fit the rest of the story to a trial for the sake of James and the kids.

jmo

forensics will tell the story

I'm leaning that the witness who saw two women in the truck was right

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=13926497

"Walker (detective) said some neighbors said they saw two women in Beebe's truck when he was at Henslee's home"

Interesting that the detective here says neighbours in plural, thus implying more than one witness. There are conflicting stories in what LE believed here, I wonder what they believe now for sure regarding this and having spoken to BJ's mother, presuming they have

I've read these threads over the last couple of days and have to say I'm still confused. Like some of you, I don't think this guy is on meth or steroids. He's too fat to be strung out on meth and he's to undefined muscularly to be a heavy steroid user. Of course, that leaves many other drugs to choose from, but for the most part he looks pretty healthy and alert. Pictures can be deceiving though. I do think he is probably a heavy drinker.

I can't quite grasp someone having an affair with their husband's cousin much less one that has not just a girlfriend, but a girlfriend that he abuses. I do, however, see how BB could have a thing for Amy and possibly thought of her as the type woman that wouldn't "make" him hit her. I dunno, I just don't think that she's been having an affair for the bulk of her marriage and I wage a guess that after years of knowing him, that he would be the last person she would have an affair with.

I'm just wondering if he did sexually assault her after he killed Tonya. The possible DNA findings could then be explained by the whole affair story. He is possibly not admitting to killing Amy because he's afraid his family will turn against him? And on an aside, I don't get why they couldn't have had sex in her house though. The neighbors obviously noticed the black truck and didn't know who it belonged to. At this point it sounds as though the truck was never, or at the very least, seldom there.

And to Pat Brown, in my many years on the planet, I've seen many of the type of husbands she is describing and 99.9% of the time he is a batterer and I've not heard anything that leads me to believe that James was.

I don't know, I have so many possible scenarios in my mind, that when I type one thing I think well maybe this or that. I think it might just boil down to Amy talking with Tonya and BB getting angry and bringing them out to "talk" and ended up getting more angry and killed them both.

Oh dear I'm rambling, and I'm sure this is littered with typos and bad grammar, along with extra or left out words. Please forgive.

Apparently and this is rumor there was a comment about a situation with a landscaper in 2007 that I read and no i have no idea where so imo.

jmo

I believe i saw that comment from a supposed high school friend of Amy's on the "find Amy" FB . I believe the name of the poster was Josh. He said (paraphrasing) that" she always seemed a little loose and then there was that thing in 2007 with the landscaper."

Which local said there were problems in the marriage? Is there a link for this?

TIA!

I remember seeing things in the comments section on various news articles alluding to this, but that is rumor. Could it be fact, sure. But that's where this stems from I believe.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/beebe-1386768-amy-tonya.html

Family members tell us Beebe has been telling visitors that he and Amy were having an affair and his girlfriend Tonya was in a fit of rage when she caught Beebe alone with Amy.

And he claims Tonya shot Amy and he attacked her to get the gun away and ended up shooting Tonya in self defense.

We spoke with Amy's brother in law Matt Henslee who says the family has heard those rumors too and believe Beebe is making it all up.

Those in the tight-knit community also tell us it's hard to believe.

Funeral arrangements have been set for Tonya Howarth. Her visitation will be Wednesday at noon, followed by the funeral an hour later at the Florin Funeral Home in Benton Harbor.

There's no word on funeral arrangements for Amy at this time.

Junior Lee Beebe is due back in court on February 11th. You can count on Newschannel 3 to follow this case every step of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop