GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox 2 News at 5:30

interview with James VanCallas' mother. She said if she thought he killed April she would turn him in herself and he is not capable of anything like that, he is just a yeller. The family is getting death threats (
now that is not right). DNA will be back soon and LE are preparing 3 search ( warrants?). I don't see a link on the website. It does sound like the end of the week should be interesting.

I think LE is reaching! If they have tried to her an AW and been denied 3 times. This means to me that all evidence is cirmstaniimal.

If anyone wants some good reading of comments. Check out the Facebook page for justice for April Millsap. It's pretty crazy.

I think VanCallis was there. I think he has some knowledge or involvement. I do not see him setting out to attempt to abduct, rape or murdering some child. Especially a classmate of his own child.

But I do think LE is on the right track. I think he was there in that vicinity and in some illegal capacity. I believe he knows or strongly suspects who killed this young lady and for reasons that remain a mystery he refuses to explain his presence in the area because he is protecting someone. Perhaps the person I suspect he was in the area to meet in the first place.

If anyone wants some good reading of comments. Check out the Facebook page for justice for April Millsap. It's pretty crazy.

thank you, interesting reading. The locals seem to have pretty strong opinions about this family in general that seem to go way back. Getting the impression that they are not very well liked and the locals are hopeful that the charges, if and when they come, for April's murder will be backed by strong evidence and stick.

I think that is what everyone wants. The right person or persons held responsible. Not just the convenient one(s).

I just do not get attempted rapist of 14 year old girl from this POI. But I do get the vibe that he would not be above covering for someone else if it seemed in his own best interest to do so.

Hope LE is able to find solid evidence, wherever it ends up pointing.

I feel badly for the family of the POI if they are being harassed or receiving death threats. That is not okay no matter whether he turns out to be guilty or not. But at the same time, I truly hope his family is exercising good judgment and staying out of the fray via social media. That can only hurt the situation in the long run

I feel badly for the family of the POI if they are being harassed or receiving death threats. That is not okay no matter whether he turns out to be guilty or not. But at the same time, I truly hope his family is exercising good judgment and staying out of the fray via social media. That can only hurt the situation in the long run

Agreed!!

The guy in custody is the one who killed April. No doubt about it.

The guy in custody is the one who killed April. No doubt about it.

It's been a week since the third request for an arrest warrant was supposedly sent to the prosecutors office with still no news. I agree with another post that at this time they probably do not have any direct evidence (DNA, blood, fingerprints, semen, skin, etc) linking the PI to the crime otherwise charges would have been filed already. There are two distinct areas where evidence could be obtained:
  • 1) Finding direct evidence related to the perp on the victim or at the crime scene
  • 2. Finding direct evidence of the victim on the perp, perps clothing or perps possesions (i.e. motorcycle), or on a circumstantial basis, finding the perp in possession of the victims belongings,

For Item 1, this evidence was the first to be processed and one would think that any tests would have been completed by now. My theory is that there was no direct evidence found at the crime scene linked to the perp.

For Item 2, this would include evidence gathered during the two search warrants as well as other ground and garbage dump searches and very well is still being processed due to the amount of evidence gathered.

They know that the PI is in custody and not going anywhere so they have the luxury of time to process all the evidence. But it does seem like its taking a long time as we wait for charges to be filed.

on his current charges I would think so. But the family had to come up with bond for two not one members. Maybe they simply could not come up with the 10% for the son in custody and a tough choice was made.

Bailbondsmen insist on collateral I think. So sometimes they can lien property but what if the property is upside down for instance? Way too many variables to factor in to even begin to try to figure out why both were not bonded out and why the one that was was.

I can't read anything into it because we just don't know the whys

When I was at the international market on Thursday, there was a new apple cider display featuring Blake's Apple Cider. Blake's Farm is a popular apple-picking site, and when DD was growing up, we used to visit the orchard in Armada for a fun day of picking apples, sipping cider, and noshing on warm donuts. http://www.blakefarms.com/

My thoughts and prayers continue to April's family, friends, and all who loved this lovely young woman who was taken much too soon. Hoping and :praying: that there will be an arrest soon and that there will be Justice for April.

Maybe Monday will bring good news and enlightenment.

WDIV has camera crew at the search location. Updates expected on later newscasts. I'm tuned in and will share any new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya