DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

3-year-old's body discovered in freezer of Detroit home; mother arrested

Detroit — When a team of Detroit cops and a state child advocate arrived at a rundown house on the city's west side Friday morning to conduct a wellness check, the woman who answered the door acted strangely, police officials said.

"She tried to push the officers away as if there was nothing going on," Detroit Police Chief James White said. "Something was not right about the conversation."

Their suspicions raised, the officers called for a supervisor and the team entered the home. They found five children living in squalor — and the decomposed body of another child, thought to be a 3-year-old boy, entombed in a basement freezer.

Three-year-old missing for months found dead in mom's basement freezer

Neighbors claimed that they had not seen the child in months, with the mother allegedly claiming that he was with relatives in another state.
www.newsweek.com
www.newsweek.com

So very sad. Its sounds like the family was known to social services and people did report the situation. I would be interested in finding out how many reports where made and why nobody did anything to help these children before now.

The body of the child, estimated to be about 3 years old, was discovered early Friday morning in the house on Monte Vista Street when a team of Detroit police officers from the 2nd Precinct and a representative of the state's Children's Protective Services program did a wellness check.
A woman who answered the door "tried to push the officers away as if there was nothing going on," Detroit Police Chief James White said during a press conference Friday down the street from the house where the body was recovered.
Neighbors told Fox 2 Detroit that the child, named Chase, was blind and had other disabilities, and that they had called Child Protective Services 13 times this year. They said the boy had not been seen since March.

Chase's grandmother, Toni Haynes, meanwhile told The Detroit News she and other family members called Child Protective Services "dozens of times."

The body of 3-year-old Chase Allen was found in a freezer Friday morning during a CPS welfare check.

“My little cousin, he was a funny little boy,” said 11-year-old Zy’air Anderson. “He was the youngest best friend I had. I’m hurting, but God knows how I’m feeling. I know Chase is in a better place, but it still doesn’t make me stop crying. It hurts real bad. He’s only 3. You’re not supposed to do that to a kid.”

Chase’s mother, Azuradee France, is now facing charges of felony murder, 1st-degree child abuse, along with torture and concealing the death of an individual. Betty Jenkins is her Grandmother.

“It’s just a little too hard to bear for the family,” said Betty Jenkins, France’s grandmother. "Not only for the family but the friends, neighbors, everyone who knew her.”

Next door neighbor Cheryl Hardy wishes she could have helped being so close.

“I just wish I could have done more,” she said. “I wish that I could have saved him. I just wish.”

The body of 3-year-old Chase Allen was found in a freezer Friday morning during a CPS welfare check.

“My little cousin, he was a funny little boy,” said 11-year-old Zy’air Anderson. “He was the youngest best friend I had. I’m hurting, but God knows how I’m feeling. I know Chase is in a better place, but it still doesn’t make me stop crying. It hurts real bad. He’s only 3. You’re not supposed to do that to a kid.”

Chase’s mother, Azuradee France, is now facing charges of felony murder, 1st-degree child abuse, along with torture and concealing the death of an individual. Betty Jenkins is her Grandmother.

“It’s just a little too hard to bear for the family,” said Betty Jenkins, France’s grandmother. "Not only for the family but the friends, neighbors, everyone who knew her.”

Next door neighbor Cheryl Hardy wishes she could have helped being so close.

“I just wish I could have done more,” she said. “I wish that I could have saved him. I just wish.”

Again, CPS fails and a child, suffers and dies. So, needless, sad and infuriating!

July 29, 2024

AMichigan mother was sentenced on Monday for torturing and murdering her blind 3-year-old son before stuffing his body in a freezer.

Azuradee France, 33, was charged in 2022 by the Wayne County Prosecutor with first-degree child abuse, torture, and concealing the death of an individual. Two years later, on July 12, she pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in connection with the death of Chayse Allen.

France's attorney, Lillian Diallo, told Newsweek the mother's other charges — first-degree child abuse, torture, and concealing a death — were dismissed and she has agreed to a prison sentence of 35 to 60 years.

More at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back