Found Deceased MI - Brendan Santo 18, visitor, Michigan State University campus, East Lansing, 29 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prayer-of-St.-Brendan-the-Navigator-Irish-Patron-of-Sailors.png

Santo search continues in new location (wilx.com)

EAST LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - In the continuing search for a Grand Valley State University student missing since October, dive teams are focusing on a new location.

Several teams, including the Michigan State Police Marine Services Division, Oakland County Sheriff’s Department Dive Team, and Capital Area Dive Team are searching near the end of Clippert St., south of Kalamazoo St, near Green Dot Stables.

Along with the dive teams, the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office is assisting Michigan State University Police and Public Safety with the search.

News 10 has a crew on the scene and will be providing updates about this new search. Police are expected to provide an update at 1:30 p.m. ...
Looks like they think he may have made it all the way to Brody. I wonder if someone saw something while walking along the trail.

Body found in Red Cedar River, less than two miles from where Santo was last seen (wilx.com)

EAST LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - Michigan State University Police and Public Safety announced they, along with law enforcement partners, have recovered a body in the Red Cedar River around 12:30 p.m. The body was found about 1.5 miles downriver of where Brendan Santo was last seen.

MSU says the body is believed to be that of Santo, but identification is pending...

Body found in Red Cedar River, less than two miles from where Santo was last seen (wilx.com)

EAST LANSING, Mich. (WILX) - Michigan State University Police and Public Safety announced they, along with law enforcement partners, have recovered a body in the Red Cedar River around 12:30 p.m. The body was found about 1.5 miles downriver of where Brendan Santo was last seen.

MSU says the body is believed to be that of Santo, but identification is pending...
So sorry to hear this. It's closure, but not the closure everyone hoped for.

I just got this news alert. So sad....

Body believed to be Brendan Santo found in river months after disappearance on Michigan State campus (clickondetroit.com)

18-year-old Grand Valley State student went missing nearly 3 months ago

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Police said a body they believe to be Brendan Santo has been found in the Red Cedar River nearly three months after he disappeared on the campus of Michigan State University.

Santo, 18, of Rochester Hills, disappeared just before Halloween, during the busy weekend of the Michigan vs. Michigan State football game in East Lansing.

“It’s not every day that a young college student goes missing without a whole lot of leads,” said Chris Rozman, of Michigan State University police.

Officials focused their search on the Red Cedar River, and they recovered a body believed to be Santo around 12:30 p.m. Friday (Jan. 21)...

MSU police recover body believed to be that of missing Brendan Santo (detroitnews.com)

Michigan State University Police on Friday recovered a body they believe is 18-year-old Brendan Santo, who went missing in October during a visit to MSU's East Lansing campus.

Dive crews found the body in the Red Cedar River at 12:30 p.m. Friday in Lansing, about a mile and a half downriver of where Santo was last seen, university police said Friday.

Police believe the body is Santo's but are still working to confirm identification, according to a statement by police...

Body found in river believed to be Brendan Santo, missing since late October – The Oakland Press

A body found in the Red Cedar River in East Lansing is believed to be that of 18-year-old Brendan Santo of Rochester Hills but has not yet been positively identified, according to media reports.

Santo’s last known whereabouts was the campus of Michigan State University’s Yakeley Hall on Oct. 29. A Grand Valley State University student, he’d been visiting friends for the MSU-University of Michigan football game and had left on foot before midnight.

The Lansing State Journal said Inspector Chris Rosman of the MSU Police Department reported the body was recovered at around 12:30 p.m. Friday...

Hi! This is my first post, so excuse me if I type a bunch of run on sentences. I went to MSU and just left this past summer with my boyfriend who graduated. Is it weird to any of you that there isn’t more backlash about the administration? Like can the family sue over the cameras being down? Or can the public even do something? I’m devastated. I’m beyond disappointed in the university but I can’t say I’m surprised can I? My freshman year was L***y N****r, followed by many racist incidents, toppled with so so so many sexual assaults. MSU has honestly let me down since the day I got there and I just want them to be held accountable.
OMG I’m sorry to hear that you have been through such a horrendous time
Not to take anything away from your experience but I am W so haven’t had to be subject to such abhorrent behaviour but I thought that our progressive world had made great strides to cast out such behaviour as you have been subject to and the sexist behaviour and sexual harassment and actual sexual assaults that I suffered when joining the U.K. police service in 1988 aged sweet 18. Clearly I am wrong insofar that it seems from what you say that not as much progress has been made as much as I thought it had. I don’t want to disrespect BS thread by continuing the discussion on this page because although your experiences are very important to know about, if I were to discuss further then it takes away from the purpose of the thread but by all means use the conversation button.
But yes I agree that there have been shortcomings with regards to CCTV and cameras however it was explained away by MSU
Welcome to WS
Now let’s find Brendan with the little information that we do know about which admittedly isn’t very much and the cards are being played close to the chest of LE and BS family
I pray he’s found soon as it must be terrific agony for his parents friends and family

How did they not find him before? I hope his parents hire a really good PI and a independent forensic pathologist to get to the bottom of what happened to him. Especially since the police were so focused on the river without giving a satisfactory reason for doing so (cadaver dog hits and cell phone location theories have flaws). I also hope the family sues the heck out of the school for not having operational security cameras. Sorry or the rant.

Last edited:
Oh my oh my
I am saddened to hear this news and I cannot imagine how his parents family and friends are feeling right now. I’m so sorry- my condolences and prayers. Such a wonderful young man taken far too soon, our creator must have a special plan for Brendan and may he rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back