GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The style/cut of jeans, shirt and possibly jacket. I just went thru a bajillion clothes donated to our ministry, and those look very familiar to some high end things we were given. I'm trying to figure out brand names, just because they might be perps preferred. MOO

I can't see the shirt very well. Nor the jacket and the jeans didn't impress me much. I guess everybody sees things differently. :)

Info on a relationship Brenna has been in. Her significant other came home to their house at 1am and when she wasn't there, Ashley assumed she had gone to her moms house.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130717/NEWS02/307170083/kidnapping-murder-robbery-Family-Dollar

"Ashley Sulla, 18, said she has been in a relationship with Brenna Machus since April and that they lived together at a home in Romulus. Sulla said she last spoke to Machus, whom she said she has known since childhood, before 7 p.m. Monday. When Sulla came home about 1 a.m. and saw Machus wasn’t there, she said she assumed Machus had gone to her mother’s house.

“I hope she’s fine,” Sulla said. “I wonder what’s going through her mind.”

What a bazaar quote. Also, never did I pick up that the person she is pictured with on Facebook was another woman.

Really adds some new wrinkles to this case.

and i m sorry but how does who she may or may not be in a relationship with alter this investigation

It could, if she knows her kidnapper. It could add/alter motive, etc. it is just another fact.

Here is my best shot at enlarging the photo to show the mustache and possible bandage.

picture.php

~

What about an electronic cigarette?

I didn't read entirely through this thread but I have a hard time subscribing to the theory that Brenna stumbled on to something or some sort of activity in the back like her uncle mentions. IMO it would make no sense for a few reasons:
- If the perp was that disguised he would have no reason to assume that she'd be able to recognize him or provide any details about what he looked like to police

- Why would he walk into the store and grab a cart? IMO he would have been more impulsive and would have no need to pretend to be in their innocently shopping.

He went in there with intent IMO whether that was robbery or abduction I don't know

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think he went there looking for her, for some reason.

Definitely a black male from that blown up pic. Definitely a mustache - could be connected to a goatee or beard. Possible bandaid. We can determine approximately how tall he is from walking in the door. Doors are generally 8 feet tall, IIRC. Not sure what kind of parka that is, but I bet the reddit crowd can figure it out. They had the Boston bombers' clothes brands in a matter of minutes.

Also, it's not cold enough right now for that kind of attire - even in Michigan. This is why I am perplexed that he walked in, waved, and appeared to even grab a cart. He would've raised red flags to me as soon as he walked in the door. I would have called 911 and bailed.

They have to have more video. Those stores have a quite a few cameras in house. They may even know what happened in general terms.

DPD has said from the get-go that the perp is a black male, so I'm going to assume that this is true unless/until we hear otherwise.

I have checked local news sources and found no updates this morning. I wonder if/when there will be another presser. I doubt that we'll hear anything more unless there is a major development. :moo:

I was wondering if LE should release the video of the two female customers that they want to come forward with information about what was going on in the store on Monday evening. There must be someone who could identify the women. Any thoughts about why DPD hasn't shared the video with the public?

They covered this story on Good Morning America this morning. Hopefully, national attention will bring answers soon!

I just received this email alert from Channel 4:

ClickOnDetroit Breaking News Alerts

Police search area of Dearborn in Family Dollar murder-abduction

Dearborn and Michigan State Police are searching an area near the Southfield
Freeway and Michigan Avenue in connection with a murder and abduction at a
Family Dollar store.

The search doesn't bode well for Brenna.

'Sleuther Margarita suggested yesterday that the river and park areas should be searched. Guess she was on to something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back