GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see Jaimee as a victim, but not as a victim in her son's death. In that specific case, I see her as an enabler.

I was raped and molested as a very young child, and it went on for a few years, with regularity. So I was a victim of abuse, incest and Domestic Violence. I was a victim.

But I would NEVER have allowed someone to slap my child or punch them or shove them around. And my being a childhood abuse survivor would NOT make it okay to sit back and allow that to happen.

If we give Jaimee a pass, then why not give Carnel's killer a pass. I bet he was abused too. And what about the thousands of rapists and pedophiles doing time, that were also abused in childhood. Does everyone get to be labeled as a victim and given a pass?

We have overwhelming evidence both addiction and untreated mental health issues are involved in Carnel's case and possibly not involved in your case. Unless you have both addiction and untreated mental illness issues, I don't believe your case can be compared apples to apples to this case.

Respectfully. We are not giving anyone a pass. We are looking at the underlying issues not just what covers them up. It is not a myth that untreated mental illness leads to self medication with drugs and alchol which leads to addiction. To ignore that, is to ignore one of the causes of these crimes. And to ignore that supports the perps and leaves vulnerable children the potential to become victims. We just can't miraculously wish something away by pretending it doesn't exist and that is exactly what will happen if the issues of addiction and untreated mental illness in this case are ignored.

Jaimee is no victim.

She rolled over on her drug buddies. She will testify against them in return for her plea deal. She bailed out.

Where does it say in MSM she rolled on her drug buddies? I saw nothing of the such in the above MSM link. :waitasec:

Cubby, I didn't see your question in time, but you found it. 99.9% of what I post is the truth, lol.... and linkable... but the way I go about it is to save the story and not so much the link.

"it's all in the archive..." because I just got fed up trying to find info a year down the road and get nothing but an error message.

As for this story, MSM and all, this link names the names:
http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...ain-to-testify-against-others-in-emmet-county

Chamberlain, the mother of 4-year-old Carnel, who was murdered in June, pleaded guilty on Monday to possession of marijuana.
She agreed to testify against Jade Pelcher, 21, and Nicholas Bonstelle, 22, who were arrested with her near Petoskey in December, Emmet County Prosecutor James R. Linderman said.

Originally charged with selling cocaine, marijuana and heroin to undercover police, Chamberlain has “made statements” about Bonstelle and Pelcher, Linderman said.

Question: for those of you who previously defended Jaimee. Is she still a victim in your eyes as it relates to Carnel's death?

No. She knew feather-boy was escalating his violence against Carnel and did not care enough to protect Carnel at all. Not even a little.

The cover page background is the carnelian stone,
which was also given out to mourners.
071412CarnelianHealingPin.jpg

Case Archive for Carnel Chamberlain.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Carnel Chamberlain -MI-/

I had to give the term "enabler" some serious thought in regards to this case. I may be slammed, but I think Jaimee's mother and siblings, the brother who was posting, are the enabler's in this case.

They knew Jaimee had a drug problem and they knew Barnett was extremely dangerous, yet instead of turning to an agency like CPS and reporting AT LEAST Jaimee's drug use, they made excuses about being helpless and turning that child right back over to his addicted mother.

The following is speculation, but I believe they feared calling an agency like CPS because they knew they wouldn't pass a home study and Carnel would likely be placed in a non-family foster home. In which case their selfishness contributed to Carnel's death. They were not helpless, they were selfish.

So, yes, they enabled Jaimee. I can't consider Jaimee an enabler, I do consider her an addict based on her own actions. And an addict who apparently has no interest in recovery.

jmvho

I see Jaimee as a victim, but not as a victim in her son's death. In that specific case, I see her as an enabler.

I was raped and molested as a very young child, and it went on for a few years, with regularity. So I was a victim of abuse, incest and Domestic Violence. I was a victim.

But I would NEVER have allowed someone to slap my child or punch them or shove them around. And my being a childhood abuse survivor would NOT make it okay to sit back and allow that to happen.

If we give Jaimee a pass, then why not give Carnel's killer a pass. I bet he was abused too. And what about the thousands of rapists and pedophiles doing time, that were also abused in childhood. Does everyone get to be labeled as a victim and given a pass?

you've outlined my trouble with my feelings on Jamiee. I want to have sympathy for her but struggle with it. Many people came from or are in abusive situations. But that does not give one a pass. I was sexually abused. It is WHY I am so very very vigilant with my own kids so that they do not suffer the same things I did.

But I do recognize that damaged people make bad choices. Not all come to a place of strength that I was able to in order to overcome the trials of my own childhood.

I am content to let the law and karma take its course with Jamiee. I do not feel competent to judge her. I am too conflicted on her as a victim/perpetrator to really land on either side of the fence.

I think in order to honor Carnel, a whole lot of ugly issues that have not been addressed in the NA community (hell the human community to be honest) need to be dragged out into the open and dealt with in order to prevent future Carnels :(

UGH - I just caught the latest on the trailer being moved away and JC's drug arrest...

I wish I could say I am shocked *SIGH*..

Carnel Chamberlain Memorial Fund:

http://www.mpacf.org/funds/chamberlain.html

The Carnel Chamberlain Memorial Fund has been established to support the efforts of organizations in Isabella County that seek to address physical, emotional, sexual, and/or substance abuse. This fund will be HOPE for victims, HOPE for those suffering, and HOPE for those who feel they have nowhere to turn.

We believe that this is forever Carnel’s HOPE…for tomorrow.

What does this mean, I don't get it...

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2013/03/plea_hearing_adjourned_for_ant.html

The plea hearing for a Mount Pleasant man charged federally with the brutal killing of a 4-year-old boy has been adjourned.

Anthony M. Bennett, 21, was to appear in U.S. District Magistrate Judge Charles E. Binder's Bay City courtroom on Thursday, March 21 for a plea cutoff hearing. Both the prosecution and defense agreed to the adjournment, though the reason for the move was not immediately clear.

A new date has yet to be scheduled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss
Back