MI MI - Cassandra Elizabeth Durham, 19, Roscommon, August 1, 1987

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cassandra Durham and her boyfriend left Maryland in 1987 to visit the Roscommon area. They were believed to be driving a 1980 Honda Civic station wagon.

Troopers said they drove through Ohio on the way, and stopped at Cedar Point. The Honda allegedly broke down somewhere around Detroit, and the boyfriend bought a new car, an Oldsmobile Cutlass.

The boyfriend claimed they both returned to Maryland, but Cassandra’s father said she never made it home.

Durham’s father last heard from her over the phone in August 1987. That was 35 years ago.

Durham was just 19 years old when she disappeared. Her boyfriend returned to Baltimore in 1988 or 1989, but Durham’s father never heard from his daughter ever again.

She had brown hair that was at her neck. She had two tattoos, one on her hip and one on her thigh. One was her boyfriend’s initials “EB” and the other was the initials of her college sorority.

They need to track down who he bought the car from, though that person might no longer be living. Was Cassandra with him or was he alone? What happened to the car that "broke down"? Did the grandparents ever meet Cassandra?

Wait, did she disappear *from* Roscommon, or somewhere between Detroit and Roscommon?
Yes and was it Roscommon which is northeast of Houghton Lake or Roscommon Township which is south of Houghton Lake? I believe I read that in her August 1987 conversation with her father, she said she was staying in Roscommon at EB's grandparent's home. I looked and this is the Cassandra Durham (born 19 Sep 1967 Fayette County KY- don't know why her birthdate is never given by MSP or FBI) who attended Henry Clay High School in Lexington, KY. Someone posted her high school photo. Her parents divorced in 1983. I can't find if they are still living but she had two younger brothers. Why can I find ZERO articles about her being missing???? Her parents were both college educated and seemed to be upper class for Kentucky. You would think it would be in the news their daughter was missing. (No insults meant- I am from Kentucky and there are some very poor areas.) MOO

They need to track down who he bought the car from, though that person might no longer be living. Was Cassandra with him or was he alone? What happened to the car that "broke down"? Did the grandparents ever meet Cassandra?
These are all good thoughts. Who has their car break down and just buys another one? Sounds very fishy. And a Honda yet? They were pretty reliable cars. Wouldn't it make more sense to get it fixed instead of buying a new car? And if he was just going to visit the grandparents, why did he not get back to Baltimore til a year or two later? And why wasn't anyone looking for her in the mean time or were they? So little to go on here.
If it's Roscommon- it's near Houghton Lake which is largest inland land in Michigan (not including the Great Lakes) and Higgins Lake which is a deeper lake where my ex used to go diving, the AuSable River and lots of woods. I was at Houghton Lake July 4th 1987 at my in laws cottage on the lake. Maybe I can go to the library there and see if I can find any articles.

It says that one of her tattoos was her college sorority. Was she taking a break from college when this happened? If so, were her parents aware of it?

Michigan State Police say the couple was believed to be driving a 1980 Honda Civic station wagon and stopped in Ohio to visit Cedar Point on the way.

It is alleged that the Honda broke down in the Detroit area, and Durham's boyfriend has purchased a new vehicle, an Oldsmobile Cutlass

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evil.unmasked
Back