GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First it was LAST question, now it's 15 more minutes.

Anyone here think it was wrong to chat with Charlie and drive him to McDonald's before the hospital? Was that being human or breaking protocol? Did the police "contaminate the evidence" as we heard yesterday?

If this goes to trial, do you think the cases will be heard separately? I think Mrs. Dillard-Bothuell might roll on Mr. Bothuell.

This is the longest PC hearing I've ever watched. The minutae, details aren't necessary. Save it all for trial. I hope the prosecution isn't putting on any witness not absolutely necessary in order to bind these two over for trial.

Smith:

Is giving a hug police protocol? Did she learn it at a police academy?

"I'm a Mom"

She's supposed to be objective, professional... strike

Now HE'S talking about contaminating evidence as if Charlie was a crime scene! This came up with Dillard! Asked and answered.

Dillon testifies that, in her assessment, it was ok not to race Charlie to the hospital with flashing lights.

Smith indicating that the doctors could assess the contents of his stomach and decide what he could eat!

Dillon said she saw nothing wrong feeding a child who said he was hundry.

Dillon did not write the report. She thought another officer was doing it.

Smith: How long did you sit in the hospital room, talking to Charlie.

Dillon: Not a ton of conversation, she got relieved of duty about midnight.

Smith: They were only holding Charlie in the hospital for safekeeping until he got to Kids Talk. Asking for more hearsay evidence.

Dillon: ER doctor said he was to be kept overnight at the hospital. Taken to Kids Talk the next morning. No questions asked.

Smith=== your 15 minutes were over 5 minutes ago.

She talked w/experts pre-interview to give them information for the interview with Charlie.

Smith: Saying interviewer didn't go into the interviewer with a "clean slate."

She did NOT write questions to send into the interviewer. Anything she said was to Ms. Goldfarb or another pros. The viewing room was full of people.

Dillon took Charlie to his mother's house after the interview with agent Burchold (sp?)

Africa Shippings (Charlie's mother) lives about 2 miles from father's house.

Smith asks if Shippings house was searched??? no answer

Now, the defense is hinting Charlie was at his mother's house?

Charlie's mother (I believe it was her sister, Charlie's aunt, who was interviewed) indicated early in the investigation that she had not seen Charlie for two years since he went to live with his father.

Charlie said he'd rather live at his mother's house. She and Charlie went into the house and she dropped him off.

Charlie was smiling.

Smith held up Charlie's picture to show a smile, Goldfarb objects and judge admonishes him. Counsel goes to say, I held it up like this and goes to show it again! Anyone who has a picture of it is to erase it.

NASTY, NASTY, NASTY!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back