GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilen, :tyou: for sharing the personal information about Chelsea and her family. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but it seems like the Brucks are a very strong family and will find a way to make the best out of this horrific situation. I :praying: that your sister-in-law is still alive and safe and that she will eventually be found by searchers or otherwise return home to those who love her.

I understand I'm just stating what the public has been given. Looking at it as an objective outsider. And when I'm speaking of the alcohol it was in the video that the police showed not the picture with her in the ccostume. And I agree with you I'd like to see my own share of partying now and then and have, but I also know that those kind of parties can be highly charged and aggressive, they're not likeand the average social event believe me I've been to many not those in particular but others. Just to let you know I'm the original person to suggest Texas Equusearch if you look back at my post on the Facebook page if they haven't been removed. Furthermore wouldn't you prefer that I was right in my assumption and that she was alive and well? Course I could be absolutely wrong but I would think that the friends and family would prefer that I was right.just the same I do not mean to be insensitive whatsoever and I don't believe I am being. I wish you absolutely all the luck that there is in finding your love one Chelsea

I can't remember if this was addressed before but did it cost money to purchase a ticket to attend the party? If so, how was money collected? Also, was there more then one vendor selling items at the party? What type of payment did this individual(s) accept? Now, with technology just about anyone can accept debit/credit cards if they have a smartphone (via the Square product). This could be another avenue to determine actual attendees. I am sure this has already been reviewed...but you never know.

I read it elsewhere in the Facebook group or a news site that they were charging $10 for parking.

Unfortunately I believe the parking fee was strictly a cash thing so there are no records to go through.

I'm not trying to be mean or indignant just trying to give a little insight into the family without potentially giving out too much personal information. Chelsea was not the type to just run off, there is no way she would cut off contact with her family willingly. I wish she was just off chilling with a boyfriend somewhere but I honestly do not believe that is the case here, there is just no way she willingly cut off contact with everyone it would kill her to know everyone was so worried about her.

Thank you for the suggestion about Texas Equisearch, I just wish LE was more willing to accept their help. I do not believe your suggestion was removed generally only stuff that doesn't belong on the facebook page (like pictures of potential matches to the POI or even better tagging the person they think could be a match to the page :tantrum:), arguing or like complete insanity gets removed. Any and everything that has been removed has been screencapped, most everything gets forwarded to law enforcement (information yes, arguing unless pertinent or vague psychic guesses not so much).

There will hopefully be a press conference by the family this weekend.

any speculation as to why the police might be so seemingly indifferent or not concerned to the fullest?

I read it elsewhere in the Facebook group or a news site that they were charging $10 for parking.

I know there were 600-800 people attending this party. However, I am assuming that many individuals attended the party in groups, arriving in one vehicle. It seems odd that the individual(s) responsible for collecting money doesn't recognize or remember this POI. If you are collecting funds from someone...it typically require's some eye contact w/ some sort of communication exchanged. I would think one would need to be some what sober and attentive to manage this situation. Perhaps, the situation got out of control with the amount of people in attendance growing so rapidly. Also, they may have stopped collecting a parking fee later in the evening as the party was wrapping up. I guess the POI could have arrived much later in the evening or he may have arrived in a vehicle with multiple people?

Most likely the police have an enormous amount of people to contact if they are getting clues off the party goers list, or tips being sent in, photos or videos they may have received. They have received a lot of tips to follow up on, last I head. I have no idea how many officers might be able to devote all their time to this one case. And above all, we should remember that they do not have the obligation to tell us "outsiders" anything. They could be in possession of very good info they cannot share without risking the investigation and bringing Chelsea home.

I can guarantee the police officers will be from the general area with families of their own. Many, if not all, will have children who may even be close to Chelsea's age. They are not going to put this on the back burner any time soon.

Kilen, thank you for sharing so much of Chelsea's life with us. In some ways she sounds very much like me at that age. I was a very nervous new driver and would have been content to never drive. I had to be nudged a bit to feel confident about applying for jobs. I do hope she is also a strong and maybe even a bit feisty young lady who can stand up to whatever traumatic situation she may be facing right now. It is so hard for family and friends to be patient when we want her home NOW.

Thinking of CB, friends, and family :grouphug:

I know there were 600-800 people attending this party. However, I am assuming that many individuals attended the party in groups, arriving in one vehicle. It seems odd that the individual(s) responsible for collecting money doesn't recognize or remember this POI. If you are collecting funds from someone...it typically require's some eye contact w/ some sort of communication exchanged. I would think one would need to be some what sober and attentive to manage this situation. Perhaps, the situation got out of control with the amount of people in attendance growing so rapidly. Also, they may have stopped collecting a parking fee later in the evening as the party was wrapping up. I guess the POI could have arrived much later in the evening or he may have arrived in a vehicle with multiple people?

i missed that there was a parking fee. So most likely this person had to be seen by someone collecting the fee. As should Chelsea. Unless, as you said, they stopped after a while. And yet, if they were all in a car together with other riders, and it was quite dark, perhaps they just quickly collected the money and moved to the next car, not paying any attention to who was inside. I guess that would be me, unless I had reason to be inspecting faces. Hopefully, LE has spoken to the ones who collected the parking fee.

Welcome to the group, smushbox, and thanks for participating. :greetings:

as far as parking lot fees go as I stated before I been to these sort of events years ago where there was more than that many people and I actually had friends who collected admissions fees and parking lot fees too large outdoor unsanctioned concerts after a certain time they stop doing so and you are free to park and enter at no cost.

unfortunately things are not always as cut and dry as we would like them to be! but none the less it's definitely worth considering.

I hope partygoers are still coming forward and sharing info with LE... i would hate for people to just forget about it/not bother as time goes on. i suppose all LE can do is speak to as many of them as possible and collect as many photos as possible

What is exceptionally odd to me is that the Sheriff's department called off the search in a very short time. They stated she they had no reason to believe she had been harmed and were treating it as a missing person's case. That would leave them open to liability if she is found in their jurisdiction, to be harmed. Unless they believe she ran away and friends ,family do not want to accept this possibility although many have scolded me for mentioning this. However, i believe if this were the case, there would have been sightings after the Nancy Grace Exposure. Also, we don't know much about her, except what her sister offered- she was the baby of the family, she had no driver's license, her parents drove her to work at Olga's, also very odd for her age. Considering the videos of the party showing her drinking or with alcohol in hand, at a rowdy Heavy Metal gathering.it appears she likes to party. Was there a boyfriend? Were there any drug issues? Did her apparent sheltering by her family create rebellion within her. These are things that wouldn't be mentioned be the family for various reasons-possible denial.

I missed where LE said they didn't think she was harmed. I would like to see that, can you post a link, please?

From following cases in the past on here and from my personal relationship with LE (not in MI), LE typically calls it a missing person case when they have no evidence of a crime. That doesn't mean they don't think a crime has committed, but until they have evidence, they have to treat the person as a missing person because that is all they technically are at the time. Some other examples to look at on here are Jaimee Mendez and Christina Morris. They are both listed as missing persons. Yet, in both cases yesterday LE was searching the pond and woods and creek in both of their cases.

Can you share the twitter account? I have been reading the thread and just want to say I am more than happy to send out some tweets and retweet fliers, I did a quick search and could only find @find_chelsea but the account has no activity :(

This was a brilliant idea, so I've recreated the advertised tweet here: https://twitter.com/find_chelsea/status/535646264960901120

Please feel free to retweet, post elsewhere, etc. (Kilen, please just let me know if you want it altered or whatever.)

I missed where LE said they didn't think she was harmed. I would like to see that, can you post a link, please?

From following cases in the past on here and from my personal relationship with LE (not in MI), LE typically calls it a missing person case when they have no evidence of a crime. That doesn't mean they don't think a crime has committed, but until they have evidence, they have to treat the person as a missing person because that is all they technically are at the time. Some other examples to look at on here are Jaimee Mendez and Christina Morris. They are both listed as missing persons. Yet, in both cases yesterday LE was searching the pond and woods and creek in both of their cases.

Exactly. Thank you for posting this so eloquently. There's only so much LE can do without new information, tips, etc.

Hmmmm.... I had not seen that. Thank you.

You're very welcome.This is what has initiated all of my comments about the Monroe County Sheriff's to date. And their apparent lack of initiative.This is really all the official info anyone has given and it's very sparse indeed .

Not sure what some posters expect LE to do when there is no trail, for a missing adult, and no signs of foul play. It is obvious to me that they are working the case as best they can with very little information. The same complaints against LE come up in every missing adult case, that they are not doing anything, or not enough. I wonder what people would have them do. Chances are, they are probably doing a lot more than we see.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member