GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using tapatalk and cannot manage to post a picture, but I look at sketch and I see a guy in a Waldo costume, not Harry Potter. Its the hair.

I am using tapatalk and cannot manage to post a picture, but I look at sketch and I see a guy in a Waldo costume, not Harry Potter. Its the hair.

Maybe you're projecting the where is Waldo thought? Doesn't Waldo wear plaid?

I am not even sure I see a costume... perhaps just a hipster kind of guy....

I read somewhere that she told someone (sorry can't recall more specific info) that she was going to hitchhike home-- don't know if that is accurate or not, but I read it---

Can you provide a link? i have never read this and IMO is pretty big information. I always thought it was believed she left with the guy in the sketch, which was not hitchhiking.

I expect if she used the words " hitch a ride home" she meant finding someone to give her a lift.. not hitch hike... I think at 4am in the dark, in a rural area, hitchhiking would be pretty futile... and I dont think this generation even thinks of hitchhiking ... but I could be wrong...

I doubt he was trying to look like Waldo. In fact, I honestly don't believe he was in any costume. Was just a slightly scruffy looking dude, which is fairly common in young people -- at least out here. JMO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 315
After making booties for the search dog to prevent feet from freezing it could be used to track Chelsea to the exact spot where she got into a car.
If there are any tire tracks they can be photographed and measured and given to LE. Itis possible to determine the kind of car from tire tracks alone.
Another way to find the harry potter guy is to call all costume places in Michigan. He could have used a check or charge card or they might have video of him and his car! Search dogs can track someone weeks after the event.

Nice idea, but would it work if there had been hundreds of cars driving over each other's tracks?

As for a costume, my impression was he was probably wearing jeans (have seen no confirmation of this), probably a tee-shirt, and a dark colored hoodie. Don't need a costume shop for that.

Nice idea, but would it work if there had been hundreds of cars driving over each other's tracks?

As for a costume, my impression was he was probably wearing jeans (have seen no confirmation of this), probably a tee-shirt, and a dark colored hoodie. Don't need a costume shop for that.
The hair looked like a wig and the glasses looked fake. Of course one can be wrong. The dog could follow her scent even if cars had driven across her trail. I do not have enough experience with tire tracks to know about them.

The hair looked like a wig and the glasses looked fake. Of course one can be wrong. The dog could follow her scent even if cars had driven across her trail. I do not have enough experience with tire tracks to know about them.

No one is wrong in stating what we see, and different ideas are good to share. You could be right, tho I had more the idea that his hair was just messy, maybe uncombed, and possibly the hood of the sweatshirt plastered it more downward over the forehead.

I do know scent dogs can do amazing things. However, the multitude of cars and people concerns me.

Glasses of that style can be legitimate and are very, very popular amongst young people right now. I wouldn't assume they are fake at all. In fact, I think even if he was 'in costume' at some point during the night those are probably still his glasses. IMO

It is also my opinion that he was not in costume.

I agree. I thought the sketch without the glasses and hair changed the POI greatly, which is why LE asked it not be posted. Common sense, let's use it and rely on facts rather than speculation.

So if he was not in costume...no one knows this guy? I think word has probably spread throughout the partygoers by now. I tend to think it was a costume, with reading glasses, but Jmo. Or of course it could be a crasher...but that still wouldn't really help in knowing if he was in costume or not. Would be interesting to know if "hipster" type costumes were common at this party.

Let's say sketch guy was known to someone at the party- maybe they arrived together, maybe not. But they are friends, and this friend approaches sketch-guy like so: "Dude, did you hear about that missing girl from the party? Is that guy in the sketch you?? You were talking to her??"

Sketch could reply that yes, he was talking to Chelsea for a few minutes and may be the man depicted in the sketch, but that he never left with Chelsea. He expresses how concerned he is that the police will assume he is responsible for harming Chelsea if he comes forward. Besides, he couldn't have taken her because (insert fuzzy logic here).

The friend accepts this, because he was likely intoxicated and trusts/accepts the word of his friend. Being young, probably doesn't understanding the gravity and importance of anyone who has even a tiny piece of knowledge about Chelsea's activities that night coming forward to LE.

This is a made-up hypothetical scenario of course. But I don't necessarily think that just because nobody has claimed to know sketch guy (that we know of) means nobody recognized him at all or has a hunch but has failed to come forward.

All that being said, if this sketch is based solely on an eye witness, we know how inaccurate those descriptions can be. Especially since it was likely dark and we do not know how sober said witness was.

I am still amazed that more photos or videos have not surfaced. That could be more of a help than only the sketch to go on. And I am even surprised that not one leaf was found off Chelsea's costume top.

The sketch-man might or might not have been in a "disguise". It is impossible to know with so little facts. It is also quite possible that people have contacted LE to report someone that looks like the sketch-man, and we will never be told of what came of that report. (Unless it turns out to be a likely match). For us on the outside, the investigation seems to be at a standstill, but that really is not likely the whole story. There is a lot we will not be privileged to know from the LE standpoint. Only when they are sure will we get even an inkling of what is going on.

Scent dogs seem seem like the best idea I have heard. I don't know if professional dogs trained for this type of search have been used or considered.

I just want some kind of sign to point us in a positive direction. :sigh:

quoting Dixie811: "
All that being said, if this sketch is based solely on an eye witness, we know how inaccurate those descriptions can be. Especially since it was likely dark and we do not know how sober said witness was"

Excellent point. Who among us would actually pay much attention to a couple at a party if nothing seemed amiss? Would we be able to give a good description hours after a casual glance? I know I wouldn't.

As far as I can remember, the only "eyewitness" was the merchandise seller. Did anyone else say they saw the two together at any time that night?

quoting Dixie811: "
All that being said, if this sketch is based solely on an eye witness, we know how inaccurate those descriptions can be. Especially since it was likely dark and we do not know how sober said witness was"

Excellent point. Who among us would actually pay much attention to a couple at a party if nothing seemed amiss? Would we be able to give a good description hours after a casual glance? I know I wouldn't.

As far as I can remember, the only "eyewitness" was the merchandise seller. Did anyone else say they saw the two together at any time that night?

Not sure. There could've been other partygoers who contacted police to say "yes, I think I saw him there", but don't know his name or what car he drives or other identifiable information.

Another thought is that if the witness saw Chelsea with sketch-guy say around 3AM after the party had been going on all night, his description of sketch-guy could be after[ he ditched a costume. I have attended Halloween parties where everyone is dressed up at the beginning of the night, but by the end of the night, especially if you're outside and it starts to get chilly people start losing pieces of their costume. Usually in favor of warmer clothes. Party attendees may have seen this guy earlier in the night, but wearing a mask or a costume shirt or hat. The witness description later describes just a guy in a dark sweatshirt and glasses.

It is next day in EST so it is safe to say Chelsea was not found on 11/12/14. Thing to do list #3
1.Go to state police headquarters in area and discuss results so far see if they will help out.
2 Go to local FBI office and discuss results with them. A possible kidnapping is enough for them to get involved. The crime does not have to cross a state line.
3 talk to Jack Ruby. {he is on the TES board) He could donate 50,000 to the reward fund . This is his own money not from TES.
I will be trying to get my car back from being repaired tomorrow and my time will be limited so good websleuthing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88