GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is important too. When I used to go out in my single days, the only reason I or a friend would not want to leave a party/bar ect. when our ride/friends did was when we had a nice guy/romantic interest still there at the party. If she was attracted to the guy and he seemed nice/safe she might have decided to stay with him. I do not feel like 2 guys are involved. I think it was one guy who took things farther than Chelsea wanted to go and she was killed in the act. I think she was killed while parked in the car and her body and clothes dumped after. One guy can keep quiet, 2 not as easily.

I have to say I was a single go-out girl for a long time!!!! I used to want to stay out ALL the time when others were ready to go. The reason? Simple. I was having fun! I got all dressed. I wasn't tired. I wanted to drink more. I wanted to have as much fun as my night would take. I had several "early night" friends and it would drive me nuts! (just as I would drive them nuts by wanting to stay). The party/ bar/ people/ place would just be getting good and fun and they would be "tired" and ready to go. A guy would definitely sweeten that deal, but I stayed out most of the time without a love interest in mind. And I know people frown on it, but single girls stay out by themselves all the time! My friend used to live 30 minutes from me. We never left in the same car because we lived in opposite directions. It makes no difference if I take a cab WHEN she leaves or after she leaves. And you usually know enough people on a general basis to feel comfortable having people to talk and hang with. It isn't nearly as creepy as people perceive it. And it is much more common than people expect. I actually joined Websleuths a few years ago (for a case of a teacher who had been out before she disappeared) because I realized that people that are not single and do not go out a lot do not at all realize what is "normal" for those that do and I had to explain.

BTW- Colette, I am definitely not addressing that at you! LOL! I just jumped off your post and then kept on going!

I have to say I was a single go-out girl for a long time!!!! I used to want to stay out ALL the time when others were ready to go. The reason? Simple. I was having fun! I got all dressed. I wasn't tired. I wanted to drink more. I wanted to have as much fun as my night would take. I had several "early night" friends and it would drive me nuts! (just as I would drive them nuts by wanting to stay). The party/ bar/ people/ place would just be getting good and fun and they would be "tired" and ready to go. A guy would definitely sweeten that deal, but I stayed out most of the time without a love interest in mind. And I know people frown on it, but single girls stay out by themselves all the time! My friend used to live 30 minutes from me. We never left in the same car because we lived in opposite directions. It makes no difference if I take a cab WHEN she leaves or after she leaves. And you usually know enough people on a general basis to feel comfortable having people to talk and hang with. It isn't nearly as creepy as people perceive it. And it is much more common than people expect. I actually joined Websleuths a few years ago (for a case of a teacher who had been out before she disappeared) because I realized that people that are not single and do not go out a lot do not at all realize what is "normal" for those that do and I had to explain.

BTW- Colette, I am definitely not addressing that at you! LOL! I just jumped off your post and then kept on going!

I agree. I would not call myself a party girl in college and normally very quiet and keep to myself. But I still remember finals week of my last year away at college my friends left the bar and I wanted to stay. Some guys from one of my classes that I barely spoke to at all offered to take me home. They were sitting around us and of course everyone acts like they know each other from class at the bar, even if you never spoke! I always think back to that night and how random it was and thankful they actually listened and drove me to my apartment. No matter what "type" of person you may be to others, we can all do things randomly like this due to our moods.

I understand the general consensus and since we don't know what happened, we want a theory that makes sense. But if I went missing that night, I could guarantee 99% of my family and friends would've said "she never would have left with ppl she didn't know". I couldn't even tell you their names or what class it was .... [emoji16] and it gives me the creeps that this person that did this to Chelsea is more than likely still around us every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think if we knew why she stayed after her friends left is a big key to what may have happened. Did she have specific plans or was it all random?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just a quick sanity check for my benefit: Are we 100% sure that the account of her not wanting to leave the party is reliable?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just a quick sanity check for my benefit: Are we 100% sure that the account of her not wanting to leave the party is reliable?

As far as I know, we are sure she wanted to stay. You could probably go way back to the beginning for a press conference with LE .... it may have been in there.

I agree. I have seen many connections between Julia Niswender and Chelsea Bruck but this is not surprising. The Modus Operandi seems very different in both cases,
so there is no reason to suspect a connection.

From her tumblr posts it seems to me that Chelsea did not like her "good girl" image. My impression is that she did drink, but that she wasn't a habitual drug user. Might she participate if a joint was passed around? Perhaps. But even if she wasn't as innocent as people might suspect, I don't think she was really into drugs.

Thanks for your post!

A potential scenario - sex for drugs turned bad?

IMO..since Chelsea lived with her parents I doubt she could get away with hard drug abuse without detection. She may have drank at parties with friends. She may have been drugged by someone else at BM's Halloween party. She did seem to want to stay on at BM's party after the friend she rode with wanted to leave. She asked another friend to collect her cell phone from the car, which she did, but couldn't find Chelsea after to give it to her so she dropped it off the next day at Chelsea's home. It was never clear why Chelsea asked a friend to collect her cell phone for her or why she didn't want to leave the party when the friend she rode with did. She must have changed her plans because she originally told her mom she would stay about an hour or so.

I agree however, I unfortunately had a very close family member and also friend that got into drugs and hid it quite well from all of us. We had our assumptions but it took a long time before the truth came out. However, I remember hearing she didn't drive so she must have gotten rides from ppl a lot or I would assume maybe her family at times.

I agree however, I unfortunately had a very close family member and also friend that got into drugs and hid it quite well from all of us. We had our assumptions but it took a long time before the truth came out. However, I remember hearing she didn't drive so she must have gotten rides from ppl a lot or I would assume maybe her family at times.

True, people can hide things from their family. Agreed, without a car, and not driving it would seem close to impossible. Her social media shows her going out with friends and family. And we know she worked at Olga's Restaurant. Still to use illegal drugs to any degree beyond experimental would seem difficult, unless she worked with a supplier or something.

It's gone quiet here. I hope it's not that way with LE. I've had hoped they had DNA or something on her costume.

Just checking in. I can't find any recent updates in the media.

Anyone know anything more about the site she was found? I drove by it a few months ago (and got chills) and couldn't really see if construction on the lot continued. I thought i saw it was for sale again. Still something about that site bugs me.... Why it was picked and how they happened to find her.... I will add I already know how she was found and theories behind why that spot. Just thinking further for something we could be missing...

Anyone know anything more about the site she was found? I drove by it a few months ago (and got chills) and couldn't really see if construction on the lot continued. I thought i saw it was for sale again. Still something about that site bugs me.... Why it was picked and how they happened to find her.... I will add I already know how she was found and theories behind why that spot. Just thinking further for something we could be missing...

Sorry I can't help but I'm curious what do you mean how she was found?

How they had been working at the site but got "lucky" and happened to find her body at that moment. Lucky in the sense there is now closure. I'm sure if time had been different they could have possibly continued building without finding the body and the family never knowing. I guess "the right time, right place " fits here. I'm not saying it's odd in the way they found the body but in all that land for them to be at her exact spot is quite amazing. Again in terms of closure. If that makes sense...

I keep checking on this thread, hoping to see *arrests* next to the title. Some justice is needed, it has been far too long IMHO

We don't know the exact circumstances in which the body was found - no one does except the police and the person(s) who made the discovery - and none of these people have released such details (and I imagine they never will out of respect for the Bruck family). As stated by police, the property owners are devastated that this discovery was made. The only "lucky" thing about this discovery is the Bruck family now has closure and they know their daughter/sister is with Jesus. They are at peace and do not have to spend the rest of their lives tirelessly searching for her....which Mrs. Bruck would have done. I imagine this alone will give the property owners and neighbors who actually live there (both who have to deal with the constant gawkers driving by and weirdos trespassing) some understanding of why this discovery was made. There is no handbook on the proper steps in finding a deceased body. There is no coincidence or unusual circumstance to the discovery as implied. According to the news reports, she was found very close to the edge of the property near the tracks...this to me looks like a very quick dump and run. It does not appear to be thought out by the killer(s)...otherwise I would imagine the killer(s) would have dumped her body further into the property as discussed above. We have to remember, the person(s) who found her were not looking for a dead body. They stumbled on it, just as someone would stumble on a 20 dollar bill.

Hello, Jupiter16. Welcome to the Chelsea forum pages. You speak as though you may be a local, perhaps someone who know Chelsea's family. Chelsea's mom worked tirelessly to bring her daughter home. I wonder if she has regular contact with LE to know if they are actively working the case now. I hope it is not in on a back burner and will be solved.

Throughout the holidays I found myself missing all the purple ribbons and lights that were around last year. I did see a few, and a few posters for Chelsea, but I wonder and worry if this is not actively being worked. sigh ...the wheels turn so slowly......

Welcome to the group Jupiter16, that's a great first post. I don't know anything about the property where she was placed. If it hadn't been for a vehicle getting stuck there, she may have never been found. So I think it was well thought out, with the perp. having some knowledge of the area.

Hello, Jupiter16. Welcome to the Chelsea forum pages. You speak as though you may be a local, perhaps someone who know Chelsea's family. Chelsea's mom worked tirelessly to bring her daughter home. I wonder if she has regular contact with LE to know if they are actively working the case now. I hope it is not in on a back burner and will be solved.

Throughout the holidays I found myself missing all the purple ribbons and lights that were around last year. I did see a few, and a few posters for Chelsea, but I wonder and worry if this is not actively being worked. sigh ...the wheels turn so slowly......

Hello and thank you! I've been lurking for a few months..I thought I'd chime in. Yes I am a local. I do not know Chelsea or her family or any friends. I actually didn't even follow this case until she was found. This is just so sad. She had her whole life ahead of her. Things like this just don't make sense. I do believe the police are still actively investigating and they won't stop until the person(s) is found. I think they are absolutely still in touch with the family (at the very least you know Mrs. Bruck will check in regularly). The circumstances of the case are just so difficult. Yes I miss the ribbons and the posters too. I still see a ribbon sporadically. I do think LE should have another press conference. I think that would keep the story fresh and reinvigorate the locals to keep their eyes and ears open.

Welcome to the group Jupiter16, that's a great first post. I don't know anything about the property where she was placed. If it hadn't been for a vehicle getting stuck there, she may have never been found. So I think it was well thought out, with the perp. having some knowledge of the area.

Thank you! I do think the perp knows the area and definitely the tracks. Maybe grew up near there and moved away..maybe just to the next town over. Maybe just works close by. If perp was familiar with the current condition of the property, I don't think he/she/they would have put her there...where it was going to be built on. I agree, if it wasn't for that truck getting stuck, she would not have been found and would possibly have been buried forever by the fill dirt coming in. I am not super religious, but I do think it was divine intervention...which is what I think Monster was saying above. If it wasn't for that exact moment, I don't think she would have been found.

Someone said the owners stopped construction, but I think they should continue with their plans because Chelsea has been found. If development of the property wasn't taking place, Chelsea may not have been found ever. So the findings brought closure for Chelsea and her family, and is helping the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18