GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His attorney (Smith?) said Clay has been distraught and in confinement. He also has met with a psychiatrist and was prescribed meds.

Side note: You took this beautiful girl's life and you are distraught now? What about the two years you spent playing video games and robbing people? You're upset because you were CAUGHT and that's it!
I'm so happy he's distraught. I hope the mental anguish only grows until he finally realizes he's going mad. I wish I could watch his down slope evolve. That would make great reality tv. I hate him.

He sure was competent enough to stand in front of the Bruck's a few days ago and deny bond. I had "hoped" he would do the right thing and spare them from having to be in court and listen to evidence and witness testimony and instead plead guilty with no fight. Looking at his little smirk in his mugshot I knew my hope would be shattered. .

He sure was competent enough to stand in front of the Bruck's a few days ago and deny bond. I had "hoped" he would do the right thing and spare them from having to be in court and listen to evidence and witness testimony and instead plead guilty with no fight. Looking at his little smirk in his mugshot I knew my hope would be shattered. .
Funny how he is suddenly distraught AFTER getting legal representation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

distraught now??? probably because he lost is freedom. and maybe he knows LE is on to another case or 2 and the ball will drop soon. IMOO, I do not buy that he has any competency issues.........just a bum, killer and dead beat sperm donor. Knows exactly what he was and is doing.............buys him more time til trial..JMOO

In Michigan....who picks the doctor or tester for these tests....the Court or the defense? IF it is the defense, can the state ask for an imdependent test? I can see defense games being played like in other cases. Thanks.

Suspect in Chelsea Bruck's death to undergo competency hearing

Daniel Clay charged with second-degree murder

MONROE, Mich. - A 27-year-old man who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of a young woman who disappeared after a Halloween party in Monroe County in 2014 will undergo a competency exam...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/probable-cause-hearing-for-man-charged-in-chelsea-bruck-death

“We have no reason or documentation to indicate that this defendant is not competent to stand trial,” Mr. Roehrig said.
In the (Periscope) video there was something alluding to the interviews he gave with LE which is why Mr. Roehrig said this. At least the judge told them that if the 60 day evaluation comes back in 30 days he'll set the next court date within 5 days.

Someone commented on a news article something I've been wondering. DC has a history of drug use; if he were using at the time he was arrested, how does that work? Isn't detox a painful process? Would that explain his behavior and need for medication? How do jails handle people who suddenly are going through withdrawals?

In Michigan....who picks the doctor or tester for these tests....the Court or the defense? IF it is the defense, can the state ask for an imdependent test? I can see defense games being played like in other cases. Thanks.

I think in most states the court chooses the examining expert, either psychiatrist or psychologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was competent enough to hide his crime for 2 years; hiding her possessions, etc. All murderers aren't mentally ill. Spiritually ill, yes.
Expect all sorts of this baloney and all sorts of attempts to disparage Chelsea. It won't work. It will have the opposite effect.

This being said, I am still of the belief more than this miscreant were involved.

He was competent enough to hide his crime for 2 years; hiding her possessions, etc. All murderers aren't mentally ill. Spiritually ill, yes.
Expect all sorts of this baloney and all sorts of attempts to disparage Chelsea. It won't work. It will have the opposite effect.

This being said, I am still of the belief more than this miscreant were involved.

Yes! Someone let him borrow their car or he took off with someone's car. Could be a friend or gf either way they better go to the LE with that. I was thinking also if his gf or friends noticed any bruising or scratches on his body after Chelsea went missing. How was no one suspicious of this guy?

Someone commented on a news article something I've been wondering. DC has a history of drug use; if he were using at the time he was arrested, how does that work? Isn't detox a painful process? Would that explain his behavior and need for medication? How do jails handle people who suddenly are going through withdrawals?

This doesn't surprise me. If he has been doing whatever drugs or prescription drugs for however long, he would be going through detox right now. Plus the effects of being caught and realizing he can't run and hide anymore, so to speak, is obviously putting a lot of stress and anxiety I'm sure. He probably thought for all this time he was a free man and could continue commuting his small crimes to get his satisfaction in they but always have his big secret.

I think each situation may be different but the people I know we're put on some types of medications to ease the withdrawals symptoms depending on how severe it was. Unfortunately that's all I know because it wasn't me personally and feel rather embarrassed having to even admit that but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm not surprised by today's development re: competency hearing, I'm deeply saddened for the Bruck family. I'm afraid that they are going to be taken for a :rollercoaster: ride of emotions by this perp and his court-appointed attorney. The legal maneuvering has already begun, and it's not going to be pretty. Let's keep them in our prayers.

As a nurse at a state prison, in VT, I know that we do very little for detox from drugs as alcohol is truly the only substance you can die from detoxing from. We provide the minimum comfort measures such as Tylenol for muscle aches, and immodium for the runs, as well as make sure to check vitals and keep fluids available. Basically the thought is, maybe if it sucks enough to sober up from they'll think about that before using again, and why should the state pay for an offender to have meds to help make detoxing easier on them? Don't like it? Don't use/don't go to jail.

Both sides have the right to their own "experts " in my state..... in reference to who chooses the doctor to evaluate the person on trial. Also, at the correctional facility I work in, there are mental health professionals on staff.

Both sides have the right to their own "experts " in my state..... in reference to who chooses the doctor to evaluate the person on trial. Also, at the correctional facility I work in, there are mental health professionals on staff.

Oh poor Baby, he had a mental problem when he raped and killed Chelsea? I don't think so. Not going to work poor man. I give up on any DP, the only ones who get death are the victims. I'm getting really pissed watching this, maybe I'm to close.:moo:

As a nurse at a state prison, in VT, I know that we do very little for detox from drugs as alcohol is truly the only substance you can die from detoxing from. We provide the minimum comfort measures such as Tylenol for muscle aches, and immodium for the runs, as well as make sure to check vitals and keep fluids available. Basically the thought is, maybe if it sucks enough to sober up from they'll think about that before using again, and why should the state pay for an offender to have meds to help make detoxing easier on them? Don't like it? Don't use/don't go to jail.

What about convulsions? Aren't some detox situations fairly dangerous where it could result in a seizure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member